HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wishes we played the Leafs again Tonight

Old
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Wishes we played the Leafs again Tonight

Last night game was way more fun.

Is it just the injuries catching up or is the team just not digging deep enough?

I loathe losing to the Canes, them with games in hand and infamous for hot runs at the end of the season

01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post

Is it just the injuries catching up or is the team just not digging deep enough?

I loathe losing to the Canes, them with games in hand and infamous for hot runs at the end of the season
a little from column A, a lot from column B

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Losing to teams below us in the race is going to be a tough lesson for this young team to learn. All the games count.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:

It's the injuries. We're starting to find out just how much Dubinsky and Callahan mean to the success of this team. They were leading the team in scoring, playing the pp, killing penalties,...etc. These are the same kids people are arguing about who should get the "C" after Drury is (I'm guessing) gone.
Fedotenko was another big loss. He plays so well with Prust and Boyle and also helps the special teams.
Not to mention we've been missing our second leading scorer all season in Prospal.

I wonder where this team would actually be right now, if those 4 guys were healthy.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I was thinking the same thing.

I wish we could play Toronto, Edmonton, and the Islanders every game until we get back fully healthy.

01-20-2011, 10:37 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

They say Dubi could play if this was playoff time. Hopefully they can make it through this lull and get ripe and healthy for the playoffs. But losing to the Habs, Canes could really come back to haunt this team...

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
They say Dubi could play if this was playoff time. Hopefully they can make it through this lull and get ripe and healthy for the playoffs. But losing to the Habs, Canes could really come back to haunt this team...
That's why beating Dallas and Vancouver was huge! We lost to the Canes twice.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

injuries are the reason imho. the talent level of this team to start the year was pretty low. right now its downright embarrassing.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Patriks7

It's the injuries and the fact that we have so many rookies on the team. We're practically missing two whole lines.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:15 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
It's the injuries and the fact that we have so many rookies on the team. We're practically missing two whole lines.
Seriously. If EC can click with Gaborik and we can run Pack Line, SAW line (i'm going to make this catch on for w2-step-mza, ) and then something like avery-ec-gaborik, that gives us 3 good lines.

Add that with Feds-Boyle-Prust and i'd love with. Sadly we won't run that setup.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
need to beat Atlanta making them 5 pts back.

I think the Leaf game screwed the team cause it was such a blow out and our course back to back is tough

Realistically looking for a win thurs and then a split on the Sat/Sun back to back

Then I am hoping Callahan is back and they may get lucky with EC and Dubinsy back first week in December. Would be huuuuuuge

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Canjo
AVA

i dont think its possible for a team to be uneffected and unscathed by the severity and quantity of injuries the rangers have endured, especially considering that no one is used to it, since the lockout we have been pretty damn healthy, and now this is happening, 5 ahl callups in the linup last night. the injuries to this team are getting ridiculous, its literally every game someone goes down or lookslike they may have been hurt and its starting to show

^i dont think anyone is gonna be back the first week in december

Canjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Seriously. If EC can click with Gaborik and we can run Pack Line, SAW line (i'm going to make this catch on for w2-step-mza, ) and then something like avery-ec-gaborik, that gives us 3 good lines.

Add that with Feds-Boyle-Prust and i'd love with. Sadly we won't run that setup.
Sadly it looks like we will never be healthy enough to do that. Plus, someone would have to injure Drury during practice

Dubinsky - AA - Callahan
Avery - EC - Gaborik
Wolski - Stepan - MZA
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Give the top three lines somewhat equal ice time (of course, the one who does better in a given game will get more) and we could be incredibly dangerous. Damn injuries...

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 08:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
injuries are the reason imho. the talent level of this team to start the year was pretty low. right now its downright embarrassing.
Agree. All season long when healthy the Rangers put forth an honest effort. It seems like as the injury list has grown, so have the mistakes, attention to detail and overall play.

You heard Torts say it in the postgame, hes got a lot of new bodies. Players have to be taught and they are a ton of new combinations out there. There's obviously a little confusion for some players defensively and you can tell the team is starting to think instead of reacting. Its not easy when you lose 5 starters, all who play up front and all who can play this system well (defensively and in the neutral zone especially).

You could see this coming. You can deal with the adversity all you want, but you are still down 6 solid players, all who should be in the starting lineup. Drury has nothing left offensively, its sickening. Thats why i said the Fedotenko injury was the last straw. That line was really good together and one you could rely on in all situations. You could tell they werent in unison last night.

The Rangers have to find a way through the next 3. Just get through them with at least one win (hopefully 2), take the break to rest and get Cally back. And not for nothing, they could have had 5 goals last night, but Ward is just insane against the Rangers. I cant fault the team for last night, i really cant.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Keep in mind that our lineup on paper is one of the worst in the NHL. How could it not be when 2 entire lines are on the ir?

I'm surprised we're not losing every game

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Keep in mind that our lineup on paper is one of the worst in the NHL. How could it not be when 2 entire lines are on the ir?

I'm surprised we're not losing every game
Personally, i dont believe that. It isnt very high but it isnt very low either.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I think playing speedy teams like the habs and canes really exposes the weakness of a team heavily laden with recent AHL call-ups. That's probably the hardest part for these guys to adapt to.

Hopefully they can adjust quickly enough over the next few weeks to keep us in the race. Then of course when our injured vets(?) return, they are going to need some time to ramp up as well. This could be a very rough road.

I was starting to look forward to a playoff appearance...

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 01-21-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: recent
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
92hatchattack

Dubinsky - AA - Callahan
Avery - EC - Gaborik
Wolski - Stepan - MZA
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

This is what ive had in mind.... Sick. Now imagine that line up next year with with this kids more developed, and Richards instead of EC... we would be a FORCE!

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote