HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders (01.20.2011, 7pm)

Old
01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

vCash: 500
I want Holtby to take at least one slashing, roughing, or cross-checking penalty.

That way we know he brought the nasty.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

My 2 favorite teams head to head. I gotta go 4-2 Isles on this one guys. Okposo and Nielsen are back in the lineup with Tavares playing great lately, and the Caps O takes so long to heat up, it might be too late.

If any of you guys ever decide to take a trip up here for a caps/isles game, you canget AMAZING seats for dirt cheap on stub hub. Ill be in 112 4th row for 34 dollars. haha

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
If any of you guys ever decide to take a trip up here for a caps/isles game, you canget AMAZING seats for dirt cheap on stub hub. Ill be in 112 4th row for 34 dollars. haha
Well, looks like I got new potential plans for Saturday, February 26th.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
I want Holtby to take at least one slashing, roughing, or cross-checking penalty.

does that go for semin to?

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Miller30Sabres*

Holtby is a good guy, i met him on his 21st birthday, really cool happy kid, loves the game, why are the bandwagon kids hard on him for having a few bad games? like they can do any better???

Miller30Sabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Well, looks like I got new potential plans for Saturday, February 26th.
Seriously man. 95 dollars a seat face value. 21 on stubhub plus overnight ticket delivery charge. Sucks that my main team suck, but awesome that I can sit so close for so cheap.

Ive taken a trip to DC before for a Caps/Ranger game and Im sure that the travel and ticket total would be less than those same seats at the phone booth.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
They were probably the same people annointing our #1 after the first couple games and then turning around and berating him after that last one (or two..can't remember)

He's a good young goalie who needs to go thru growing pains. This is good for him and the team to have him start. He's gonna be a good one.
He's been the best young goalie in Hershey in the past two-three years. Sure he probably had some of the funnier/bad gaffes but he has matured a lot and is playing a lot smarter. He just need some practice at the NHL level to adjust to the speed and skill levels and he'll be fine.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
txpd

maybe its just lack of blood flow to my extremeties, but i have no feel for this game. fahey is up? which of the 6 that played last game is missing from this one? holtby means thing can go either way. good or bad. know the hope that many seem to have to holtby will goon it up, it makes me wonder who's next with neuvirth and varly injured and holtby suspended?

Sabourin or tall goalie? Is Olie available? Would he pass thru waivers?

All I know for sure from this game is the Ov won't score off his own stick blade.

Whats the over/under on the first post from one of the doom crew in this gdt?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:17 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
maybe its just lack of blood flow to my extremeties, but i have no feel for this game. fahey is up? which of the 6 that played last game is missing from this one? holtby means thing can go either way. good or bad. know the hope that many seem to have to holtby will goon it up, it makes me wonder who's next with neuvirth and varly injured and holtby suspended?

All I know for sure from this game is the Ov won't score off his own stick blade.

Stick Ovie in goal. Solves two problems, I guess.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlamov1Caps View Post
Holtby is a good guy, i met him on his 21st birthday, really cool happy kid, loves the game, why are the bandwagon kids hard on him for having a few bad games? like they can do any better???
by that standard HF wouldn't exist

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

Down 0-2...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 714
I think Holtby will be on the bench for a playoff game this year, if not see action in one. Assuming we even make the playoffs.

Its not fun to talk about, but our young G's are injury prone. Let's not sugar coat it, young G's alone can have their issues. Add in being injury prone. We are talking anything can happen.

Neuvy and Varly know what the NHL is about. They need all the games off they can get to heal. Holtby stands to gain more from our January games than Neuvy and Varly would.

Yes I am still bitter we called up Holtby and make him sit on the bench for a few weeks before tossing him a bone.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Miller30Sabres*

so we now have how many rookies on our team?
Holtby
A. Gordon
Johansson
MP
Carlson
Alzner
Neuvi
Fahey
jay B

Old
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Holtby
A. Gordon
Johansson
MP
Carlson
Alzner
Neuvi
Fahey
jay B
Recipe for success.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Miller30Sabres*

and not rookies:
Ovechkin
Backstrom
Hendricks
Schultz
Green
Bradley
B Gordon
Knuble
Varlamov
Steckel
Poti
Laich
Chimera
Fehr
Hannan

Old
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Holtby
A. Gordon
Johansson
MP
Carlson
Alzner
Neuvi
Fahey
jay B
That's quite shocking looking at it that way....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Holtby's games in the NHL have shown he is not ready. If he has that kind of game, and gets shellacked by the Islanders his confidence could be killed.

We need a vet that can pass up and down through waivers. Maybe we shoulda looked at Leighton if we don't trust Sabourin.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Miller30Sabres*

i can honestly say from seeing training camp and preseason games that Sabourin, i DO NOT TRUST between the pipes! neuvi had a shut out going agenst the blue jackets but then Sabourin steped in and we lost 2-0

Old
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 714
NHL Experience is more important than confidence in the middle of January for BH. A goalies confidence has already been through the ringer by age 21. They need to be thick skinned otherwise they probably never make the NHL for a single game.

I am thrilled he is up getting a game. Even if he falls on his face, falling on ones face in an NHL game happens to all NHL goalies. And players. Hell Ovi tripped on the blueline at the WC. Fans on half his shots. Varly got lit up like a Christmas tree in a 7 at 21. You learn and move on.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i once had a dream that the caps got crosby.

now i wonder which ones crazier
No Semin dreams?

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I think Holtby will be on the bench for a playoff game this year, if not see action in one. Assuming we even make the playoffs.

Its not fun to talk about, but our young G's are injury prone. Let's not sugar coat it, young G's alone can have their issues. Add in being injury prone. We are talking anything can happen.

Neuvy and Varly know what the NHL is about. They need all the games off they can get to heal. Holtby stands to gain more from our January games than Neuvy and Varly would.

Yes I am still bitter we called up Holtby and make him sit on the bench for a few weeks before tossing him a bone.
I'm not understanding this sentiment from some folks. I seriously doubt we will miss the playoffs.

I mean for one that implies some other team out there like Carolina would have to play incredible hockey to get in and we'd have to completely falter. Now we aren't playing GREAT but still getting points and are more than capable of going on a 10 game winning streak.

Think about it...as BAD as Ovie, Green and Backstrom have been offensively we are still 1 pt out of 1st in our division and in solid playoff standing some 7 or 8 points up on the 8th place team.

Also I see Montreal fading for some reason. I don't have a good vibe on them making it.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post

Islanders and their fans will immediately believe that he's the reincarnation of Billy Smith and will offer John Taveras and their first round draft choice this year for him.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Roccoman

as much as the head buried in the sand crew BB supporters might deride that website, it raises valid concerns... concerns echoed here by many respected posters.

conversely www.BruceBoudreauIsAGoldenGod.net is a bit over the top.

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:09 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post
as much as the head buried in the sand crew BB supporters might deride that website, it raises valid concerns... concerns echoed here by many respected posters.

In it's three posts from mid-December where it aggregates other writers speculation? Yeah it's incredibly compelling. Also, it's ironic, because the site gives a lot more credit to Boudreau than most of you do.

01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post

They are all valid concerns. And the what bothers me is they were all there when the team was winning. And now that we are not winning on individuals effort. We have nothing but bad habits to fall back on.

For people that may have missed it.

Lack of consistency with line combinations, both game by game and within the game. When Boudreau left the lines the same throughout early 2009, the Capitals ripped off 14 wins in a row. It seems that often times, Boudreau’s only “strategy” is to switch up lines.

Lack of discipline in the defensive zone, as well as a failure to hold the team’s offensive stars accountable when they make mistakes.

In addition, Boudreau seems to play favorites with ice time, playing hunches instead of studying the statistics.

A failure to effectively manage the ice time for the team’s stars, particularly Mike Green and Alexander Ovechkin. Green and Ovechkin are 1st and 2nd in time on ice per shift so far in 2010.

Perhaps the biggest issue of all, is the lack of focus the Capitals seem to have. In many games, including playoff games, the team seems to take whole periods off. They sometimes win those games due to their superior skill, but the fact that a lack of focus keeps recurring is troublesome, and must lie at the feet of the coach.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote