HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - SJ

Old
01-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

vCash: 500
Guys just ignore jfried and he'll go away. Maybe he'll keep posting in an empty thread talking about how he knows exactly what the Sharks need, how DW runs the team and how awesome Beauch is.

Also watch him or someone flag this as flaming.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:31 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Beauchemin is much better defensively, so the comparison isn't even close. Beauchemin's giveaways, consistency, and poor decision making are blown out of proportion on these boards. He plays in a ridiculously unstructured system, with a partner who is horrible with the puck.
Like I said, Beauchemin is an older Cam Barker who is more versatile and more defensive. I used the same criteria, and even mostly the same wording, that you used to compare Beauchemin to Hjalmarsson.

It's a perfect comparison. It's not my fault you overrate Beauchemin too much to agree.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:33 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Everytime I watch the Leafs, Beauchemin has ~3 bad turnovers, at least, a game. I know what I see. I don't need you telling me that I'm not, while I know that I am.

01-21-2011, 10:41 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Like I said, Beauchemin is an older Cam Barker who is more versatile and more defensive. I used the same criteria, and even mostly the same wording, that you used to compare Beauchemin to Hjalmarsson.

It's a perfect comparison. It's not my fault you overrate Beauchemin too much to agree.
It's not the perfect comparison when one is better than the other in just about every single way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Everytime I watch the Leafs, Beauchemin has ~3 bad turnovers, at least, a game. I know what I see. I don't need you telling me that I'm not, while I know that I am.
So does Kaberle and so does Schenn. Phaneuf would have just as many too if he actually tried to make high pressure outlet passes aswell rather than just dumping it.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:03 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
They are absolutely comparable in terms of style and relative strenghts / weaknesses. Burns is a superior defencmean in every regard, which is why he's unavailable. Beauchemin has an extremely good shot, Toronto just doesn't generate traffic infront of the net.
Quote:
It's not the perfect comparison when one is better than the other in just about every single way..

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:28 PM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

For those of you who just tuned into this thread, Heres a video summary of what has been said so far.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This is awful for San Jose.

Pavelski is going nowhere. He's a 60+ point, two-way center who is clutch and on a great contract. 4 mil for 4 years. Wilson got a steal there. People forget the playoffs Pavelski had last year. He was dominant against the Wings, and in the late stages of the Colorado series. He got the tying goal in game 2(?) to send it to overtime so San Jose could tie up the series.

And Setoguchi likely isn't available either. He's also on a bargain contract. 1.8 million for two years. For a perennial 20 goal scorer with the potential for more. I don't know how he was signed for so little, but another steal for Wilson. He's also a necessity for the Sharks forward lineup. Who would replace him? Bozak? No. Bozak is 25 and has 55 career NHL points. Setoguchi has more goals than Bozak has points.

Coyle is fresh off a dominating WJC - he won't be moved either. He could give the Sharks some big value on his ELC on the 3rd line in a few years. He's a big body who has great hands around the net. Basically the elements that Kadri is lacking.

Also, San Jose wants to improve their defense. Not make it worse with another overpaid vet. Beauchemin is exactly the opposite of what the Sharks need. He's constantly giving the puck away, and doesn't add much in the puck-moving/scoring department. San Jose needs a PMD to take some pressure off of Boyle, and Beauchemin does not give the Shakrs that.

Toronto absolutely runs away with this one, and it makes them a much, much better team.
All I have to say to this thread is that this post is a winner.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:15 PM
ManoWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
The convolutedness is strong in this one.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote