HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville fans, Help!

Old
01-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Marlies and me

vCash: 500
Nashville fans, Help!

Okay so this was a few days ago and i wasnt giving my full attention, so I hope I didn't mishear or take something out of context, but heres the deal:

I was watching NHL on TSN, and someone mentioned how so and so player was playing like a Hart candidate, to which Pierre Mcguire replied something along the lines of "Yeah he is, but there are a few of them, there is a guy down in Tampa, and a guy in Nashville too." It puzzled me at first, but I didnt give much thought to it, but now sitting here thinking about it, who the hell from Nashville is playing like a Hart trophy candidate?? It cant be Shea weber. I know stats dont tell the whole story and admittedly i havn't watched a single preds game this year, but he isnt lighting the world on fire this year with only 8 goals. I know Ryan Suters contributions extend far beyond the stat sheet, but c'mon it'll be a cold day in hell when the NHL gives it MVP award to a defensive dman. (who plays in Nashville no less. No offense but its true.) So finally I figured it must be Pekka Rinne, great GAA and sv%, but he will be hard pressed to hit 30 wins this year and has only started 65% of the games.

So who could it be???

Marlies and me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:08 AM
avnots

if he did say the preds he was either drunk or stoned. Nashville is having a solid year but looking at the stats no one stands out.

avnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnots View Post
if he did say the preds he was either drunk or stoned. Nashville is having a solid year but looking at the stats no one stands out.
Rinne

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Either you heard him wrong or he said it wrong. No Hart trophy candidates here. As already stated, Rinne is probably our #1 with Suter very close behind. Weber is most likely in third.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:23 AM
JussiM

"Only" 8 goals but Weber does lead the team in scoring.

And Rinne hard pressed to get 30 wins? He'll get the bulk of the games, so unless the team in front of him falls apart, it's entirely possible. Barring injuries, of course..

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Milly79

Nope. One of my friends said the same thing. Pierre said that Shea is up for the league MVP. I was baffled as well...

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
token grinder

I think if Weber ended up close to 20 goals and 50 points he would be considered. in 99-00 Pronger had 14 goals and 48 assists when he won it, but was also a plus 52 i think

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
deanwormer

Pierre musta taken the wrong prescription that day. First, we got nobody. Second, it's Nashville - honestly, do you think we're gonna' get a high-profile award? Maybe a Selke if we're lucky.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think if Weber ended up close to 20 goals and 50 points he would be considered. in 99-00 Pronger had 14 goals and 48 assists when he won it, but was also a plus 52 i think
Suter and his +18 through 36 games could possibly qualify. But I agree, I think it is Rinne. The guy has been outstanding.

Since they were talking about Weber, he does lead our team in points, assists, TOI, 2nd in shots, 2nd in hits, 2nd in blocked shots, 1st in takeaways, and 2nd in PP points. So stats wise he COULD be. But I still think Suter has been twice as good as him, IMO.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Yeah, Pierre would have been talking about Weber there. Definitely not Suter, and probably not Rinne.

But compared to the rest of the league, I can't see anyone on our team even coming in top 10 in voting.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:40 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Since they were talking about Weber, he does lead our team in points, assists, TOI, 2nd in shots, 2nd in hits, 2nd in blocked shots, 1st in takeaways, and 2nd in PP points. So stats wise he COULD be. But I still think Suter has been twice as good as him, IMO.
I agree, but you take that stat line, with our unsexy forwards and mix it to contending for the division title, I think it merits consideration. But I doubt he would win it. But then ask yourself, has there been a year in some time where the Hart is wide open? Front runners are def. Crosby and Stamkos, but Richards, Lidstrom, Thomas would be top five for me unless I am grossly overlooking someone. Maybe a Sedin or Kesler. I can see him in the conversation.

and the conspiracy guy in me says the nhl pushes his value, thus making him uber expensive...

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:07 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

only person even with the possibility on our team should be Rinne.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Mcguire is know for talking out his hind end. he says stuff with an authoritative tone and if you didnt know better you'd think he knew what he was talking about.

Like on XM this morning he commented on how Halischuk had "been down to the AHL but was back up and has really contributed the last 6 or 7 games"

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlies and me View Post
Okay so this was a few days ago and i wasnt giving my full attention, so I hope I didn't mishear or take something out of context, but heres the deal:

I was watching NHL on TSN, and someone mentioned how so and so player was playing like a Hart candidate, to which Pierre Mcguire replied something along the lines of "Yeah he is, but there are a few of them, there is a guy down in Tampa, and a guy in Nashville too." It puzzled me at first, but I didnt give much thought to it, but now sitting here thinking about it, who the hell from Nashville is playing like a Hart trophy candidate?? It cant be Shea weber. I know stats dont tell the whole story and admittedly i havn't watched a single preds game this year, but he isnt lighting the world on fire this year with only 8 goals. I know Ryan Suters contributions extend far beyond the stat sheet, but c'mon it'll be a cold day in hell when the NHL gives it MVP award to a defensive dman. (who plays in Nashville no less. No offense but its true.) So finally I figured it must be Pekka Rinne, great GAA and sv%, but he will be hard pressed to hit 30 wins this year and has only started 65% of the games.

So who could it be???
No one.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote