HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Coyotes - 01/20/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
I don't how great the team played last night, they didn't score. You can't blame the blown call when your team scores zero goals. Zero goals and we're making excuses? Give me a break!

The war room's ineptitude is a different story altogether. That is just a joke especially when you look at what happened in Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
This team has lost that lovin feeling . . . .
Lol!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Not true.

The Devils have managed to be much better than the Kings last season and much better on paper in the off season and much, much worse this season.
And they fired their coach.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I really didn't think it was possible for Mike Murphy to **** us over twice this year like that. Sheesh, so.. We putting a claim on Nabokov or what? Lombardi had him in San Jose LOL

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Remember when Dean passed on bryzgalov because he wasn't ''a proven #1''???

Also, Dean not hiring Tippet when he was available was a big mistake. I can remember a lot of us wanting Tippet as the head coach and the smartest man in the room wanted no part of him.

This team is a train wreck right now, and I love how Dean just runs him mouth, about the core this and the core that. Bring in some help you ****ing Moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good teams are built with pieces added, when needed.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:08 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LOL!! Thanks Mike Murphy

I'm still shocked at how high up his stick is in this picture lmao

Old
01-21-2011, 11:10 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Westgarth is ****ing ****, we need a pest that can play hockey.. Call up Clune

Old
01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Seriously, we can't bring up every little thing or person that passed through waivers. Sure it would have been nice at the time to have him, but goaltending is the least of our problems right now. Last time I checked, Bryz doesn't score goals.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Oh yeah.. Let's remember how this all went down. 1) refs make a bad call and so does the war room 2) terry murray comes out w/ the 4th line next shift and actually almost score with the puck rolling off the cross bar 3) Westgarth gives a nice breakout pass to whatever Coyote scored on that 2 on 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Seriously, we can't bring up every little thing or person that passed through waivers. Sure it would have been nice at the time to have him, but goaltending is the least of our problems right now. Last time I checked, Bryz doesn't score goals.
No but it is a tad ironic that he is a huge King killer. Its almost laughable how some stuff goes for the kings. A lot of which is their own doing. Man this place is going to be highly entertaining for a while and then probably very quiet.

I'm really bummed about this season but I think 05/06 was a bigger let down for me. This IS who the Kings are and this is their culture. They just can't get it done and it sucks for all of us but especially people who have been following this for a lot longer than I have. It is kinda hard not to be jaded but I personally just don't like to be negative or pessimistic. The Kings really test that though!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post

Also, Dean not hiring Tippet when he was available was a big mistake. I can remember a lot of us wanting Tippet as the head coach and the smartest man in the room wanted no part of him.

This team is a train wreck right now, and I love how Dean just runs him mouth, about the core this and the core that. Bring in some help you ****ing Moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good teams are built with pieces added, when needed.
Remember when Dean ate paste in kindergarten?

Case of a pot calling a presumptive kettle black?

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Remember when Dean ate paste in kindergarten?
Remember the time Dean Lombardi showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Remember the time Dean Lombardi showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
Nah, cause that was something good. You can only play this game if you remember the things he has done wrong, even if they are ancient history.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:05 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LOL!! Thanks Mike Murphy

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Nah, cause that was something good. You can only play this game if you remember the things he has done wrong, even if they are ancient history.
I watched DL tell someone at the Staples Center that they were fired and the person said "I don't work for you so blank off". It was sort of said in fun but it was said, does that count?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I watched DL tell someone at the Staples Center that they were fired and the person said "I don't work for you so blank off". It was sort of said in fun but it was said, does that count?
Oh sure, crap taken out of context definitely counts. Now where's that damn rope!?!

Old
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Its tied to the rafter, right next to the fan. You can't miss it. Its directly above the ladder. The one with the sign that says "Flying Lessons" and then has all those tedious instruction about how wear the harness and then how you shout out "nothing to see here" before you jump.

That rope?

Old
01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Its tied to the rafter, right next to the fan. You can't miss it. Its directly above the ladder. The one with the sign that says "Flying Lessons" and then has all those tedious instruction about how wear the harness and then how you shout out "nothing to see here" before you jump.

That rope?
Nah, that one the lynch mob owns. That's the one I'm looking for, I love myself too much for that other thing.

Last edited by KINGS17: 01-21-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old
01-21-2011, 12:27 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Ohhhl The rope you want is being held by that person with the pitchfork and the torch right outside the Staples Center. He was pretty easy to see a couple of weeks ago but he is drawing a real crowd now.

Old
01-21-2011, 12:32 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

The Kings haven't been the same since Goose died.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
To say the first goal led to the second is, well, balderdash. A 2 on 1 that Quick does not make the save on. Can you explain to me the exact causal realtionship between the 1st goal and the second without speculating? If you can't, and I already know you can't, this game remains a 1-0 win for Phoenix.
It's really not "balderdash" at all. Between a 1-0 game with a center-ice face-off and a 0-0 game with a defensive half of the ice face-off, there is a huge difference. The players you send out on the ice are different, the play that results once the puck is dropped is different and the play that next follows that one is naturally different again. The game irrevocably changes.

There is quite honestly no likelihood whatsoever that the 2-on-1 leading to the goal would have developed when you change all those variables. Which zone you start in, what happens in the different zone when play resumes, which different players you have out there, etc.

This is why bad goal-or-no-goal calls in close games are so damaging and can really tilt the whole game in the direction of the lucky team.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Fangio

Quote:

The ONLY important thing going forward for this season NOW is RESULTS. Three more losses before the All-star break and our season is effectively done., But if you want to practice your DL impersonation and talk about how the effort exerted is going to go far in helping this team develop a winning culture in the years to come, go right ahead. I'm not buying in. You can't develop a winning culture by losing, no matter how well you do it.
no ****, Sherlock. Read the entire paragraph;"Now whether or not they can start winning again, even if they play well enough, is another story." No DL impersonation here, don't put words in my mouth. Team needed to put the work in to have a chance at winning, which was lacking in the last couple of weeks. It's simply a matter of accountability.
When all is said, it's been well established the so-called franchise players (Kopi-Brown) are in a damaging slump, and the powerplay isn't working well either. Unless they can get going now, stick a fork in it, the season is done.

Fangio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Cruel11

Same line up tomorrow. Why put Quick in net, if he already stated that he hates playing the yotes? Let Bernie play the yotes.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
no ****, Sherlock. Read the entire paragraph;"Now whether or not they can start winning again, even if they play well enough, is another story." No DL impersonation here, don't put words in my mouth. Team needed to put the work in to have a chance at winning, which was lacking in the last couple of weeks. It's simply a matter of accountability.
When all is said, it's been well established the so-called franchise players (Kopi-Brown) are in a damaging slump, and the powerplay isn't working well either. Unless they can get going now, stick a fork in it, the season is done.
Check your fire, Check your fire. No one was getting testy.

The point remains, no mater how (or by who) stated that effort is meaningless without the "W." If you thought they worked hard last night great. They worked hard(ER) thasn previous games but the play was still primarily perimeter, allwoing Bryzgalov to see most of the shots and smoother them easily. Stoll had several good looks at the net and I think he put three of them directly into Bryz' crest. Shots are just a stat at that point.

The system is still broken, and the majority of offense created is in spite of the system, not because of it.

Finally, Sherlock would likely describe it as feces or fecal matter, not ****.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Quote:

The point remains, no mater how (or by who) stated that effort is meaningless without the "W." If you thought they worked hard last night great. They worked hard(ER) thasn previous games but the play was still primarily perimeter, allwoing Bryzgalov to see most of the shots and smoother them easily. Stoll had several good looks at the net and I think he put three of them directly into Bryz' crest. Shots are just a stat at that point.

The system is still broken, and the majority of offense created is in spite of the system, not because of it.

I have a feeling that Sherlock was a "poo" man

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Fangio

Quote:

There's no question there needs to be immediate results. No doubt about that. I'll respectfully disagree about the offense is created in spite of the system but we'd be arguing in circles.

Feces, poo, *** kabobs, doggy sausage, it sums up the Kings season so far top to bottom!

Fangio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Interesting to note that some of us brought up the issue of the lack of net presence by the Kings during the game, despite the number of opportunities the team had to score yesterday. Apparently this issue was raised today at practice:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/01/21...ice-update-17/
Quote:
Lots of talk about net presence after today’s practice, and Terry Murray didn’t back down from his strong statements last night about the Hanzal high-stick goal.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote