HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN Keeper Fantasy Hockey League (EKFHL) Season 1, Thread 2‎

Old
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
F Derek Roy, Buf C DTD
F Jussi Jokinen, Car LW
F Andrei Kostitsyn, Mon LW
C Mikhail Grabovski, Tor C
C Brad Richards, NYR C
LW Ville Leino, Buf LW
LW Ray Whitney, Pho LW
RW Corey Perry, Ana RW
RW Teddy Purcell, TB RW
D Zdeno Chara, Bos D
D Bobby Sanguinetti, Car D
D Derek Morris, Pho D
D Steve Kampfer, Bos D DTD
Bench Mats Zuccarello, NYR RW
Bench Mason Raymond*, Van LW O
Bench Benoit Pouliot, Bos LW
Bench Jannik Hansen, Van RW
G Martin Brodeur, NJ G DTD
Bench Dwayne Roloson, TB G

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

We have one owner who's looking to be replaced. If anyone has a replacement, or an outsider here wants to join, PM me please. Thanks.

Old
09-25-2011, 09:41 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
LOL did Sanguinetti even play last season?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Found a replacement for the owner looking to be replaced.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:29 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
LOL did Sanguinetti even play last season?
I don't think so.

Doesn't matter so much though, you've got a lot of good fantasy talent on your offense. Unlike some people (Hollywood) I think defense is the least important of the 3 positions in this league.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
DUHockey9

I figure this is as good a place as any to ask...

So I'm making a triumphant return to fantasy hockey this year. I haven't played it in probably 10 years. I was hoping some of you could give me some advice?

And I don't mean, stupid novice advice, I want the nitty gritty details. I'm no novice when it comes to Fantasy Sports (I'm fanatical with Football). It's just that Fantasy Hockey is clearly a different animal.

Any advice?

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I don't think so.

Doesn't matter so much though, you've got a lot of good fantasy talent on your offense. Unlike some people (Hollywood) I think defense is the least important of the 3 positions in this league.
Oh I know Defense is the least important. I just happened to have a stacked defense last year. Kinda just happened.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I figure this is as good a place as any to ask...

So I'm making a triumphant return to fantasy hockey this year. I haven't played it in probably 10 years. I was hoping some of you could give me some advice?

And I don't mean, stupid novice advice, I want the nitty gritty details. I'm no novice when it comes to Fantasy Sports (I'm fanatical with Football). It's just that Fantasy Hockey is clearly a different animal.

Any advice?
Typically in any league unless Defense is getting bonus points Offense and Goaltending will get you the most points. In the fantasy league you are in can gaoltending lose you points or can they get you a ton of points? Do some simple math and find out on avg how many points a goalie like Quick or Crawford is going to get you on avg per week to find out whether its worth an early draft pick for a goalie, compared to how many points your typical 1st 2nd 3rd round forward.

If you can lose points with a goalie then forget finding out how many they get you simply take one early I dont know how big of a league you are in so I can't specify which round 20 man league its pretty safe bet to take a goalie in the 2nd round there might be 1 or 2 decent goalies in the 3rd round any later then that and you might as well wait and pick up DiPietro or Mike Smith in the last couple rounds.

Typical draft strategy for myself is F G F F F F F you get the drift. Honestly theres only 2 or 3 defensemen that I might think about drafting and that would be if Mike Green Kris Letang someone you know is probably going to put up 50-60 points and the only Forwards left are around 40-50 point players. Basically itll never happen. But its ok because if you take one of them early your cheating yourself out of a forward that can get you a ton more. Mike Green before last years injury stuff was pretty much a lock for 1st round every year even though guys like Parise or Henrik Sedin were on the board still.

Hope it helps I know its long winded but its fun for me and takes a lot of thought for every situation. Try to think outside the box don't always assume that the guy thats ranked higher is better use your knowledge of the game to think it through yourself.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Are we still doing weekly updates or is it daily this season?

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I don't think so.

Agreed lol I just found it hillarious that he was even in the rankings high enough to be picked then a realized he was my first pick after my predraft strategy which was G F F F F awful ESPN haha. Hes not expected to play this year but thats ok Ill figure out my D position pretty soon

Old
09-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Hollywood Couturier

My bench is entirely too young.

RNH
Colin Wilson
Brandon Sutter
Jared Cowen

Old
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
My bench is entirely too young.

RNH
Colin Wilson
Brandon Sutter
Jared Cowen
Thats where Cowen went I was looking for him haha

Old
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Thats where Cowen went I was looking for him haha
Him and his predicted 297 PIM this year. Good old ESPN.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:26 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Typically in any league unless Defense is getting bonus points Offense and Goaltending will get you the most points. In the fantasy league you are in can gaoltending lose you points or can they get you a ton of points? Do some simple math and find out on avg how many points a goalie like Quick or Crawford is going to get you on avg per week to find out whether its worth an early draft pick for a goalie, compared to how many points your typical 1st 2nd 3rd round forward.

If you can lose points with a goalie then forget finding out how many they get you simply take one early I dont know how big of a league you are in so I can't specify which round 20 man league its pretty safe bet to take a goalie in the 2nd round there might be 1 or 2 decent goalies in the 3rd round any later then that and you might as well wait and pick up DiPietro or Mike Smith in the last couple rounds.

Typical draft strategy for myself is F G F F F F F you get the drift. Honestly theres only 2 or 3 defensemen that I might think about drafting and that would be if Mike Green Kris Letang someone you know is probably going to put up 50-60 points and the only Forwards left are around 40-50 point players. Basically itll never happen. But its ok because if you take one of them early your cheating yourself out of a forward that can get you a ton more. Mike Green before last years injury stuff was pretty much a lock for 1st round every year even though guys like Parise or Henrik Sedin were on the board still.

Hope it helps I know its long winded but its fun for me and takes a lot of thought for every situation. Try to think outside the box don't always assume that the guy thats ranked higher is better use your knowledge of the game to think it through yourself.
Thanks, this is exactly the sort of detail I was looking for!

I'm very much into the analysis of positions themselves and where they do/don't have value. For example, with Football, I always laughed at the people that took a kicker before the last round because they very best kicker was worth maybe 1 or 2 pts more a week than the 10th or 12th rated kicker. So it almost literally did not matter what kicker you had, yet people were determined to get the "best" one.

Or perhaps even in baseball, maybe 4 years ago or so, the 2nd base position was so barren, a Chase Utley was surpremely valuable.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Ryan Kesler and Sam Gagner are both injured to start the season. Anyone want to make a trade? I'm going to be relying on Nino Niederieter for the first few weeks of the season and I don't even know if he is going to make the Islanders. Ugh.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:

So I got some specifics around the scoring setup and it actually DOES look like D-men get more points for their offensive production. Also it looks like goalies can get quite a few points with 0.25 pts per save.

Special Scoring for Centers Setting
A - Assists 3 points
G - Goals 5 points
PPA - Power Play Assists 1 point
PPG - Power Play Goals 2 points
SHG - Short Handed Goals 2 points

Special Scoring for Forwards Setting
A - Assists 3 points
G - Goals 5 points

Special Scoring for Wings Setting
A - Assists 3 points
G - Goals 5 points

Special Scoring for Defensemen Setting
A - Assists 5 points
G - Goals 8 points
PPA - Power Play Assists 3 points
PPG - Power Play Goals 4 points
SHG - Short Handed Goals 4 points

Special Scoring for Goalies Setting
A - Assists 5 points
G - Goals 5 points
GA - Goals Against -2 points
GGP - Goalie Games Played 2 points
L - Losses -2 points
S - Saves 0.25 points
SO - Shut Outs 3 points
W - Wins 4 points

Any changes to your suggestions? It seems to me that D-men that get PP points are really valuable. They are worth almost twice as much as PP pts by forwards.

Old
09-27-2011, 11:53 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
So I got some specifics around the scoring setup and it actually DOES look like D-men get more points for their offensive production. Also it looks like goalies can get quite a few points with 0.25 pts per save.

Special Scoring for Centers Setting
A - Assists 3 points
G - Goals 5 points

Special Scoring for Forwards Setting
A - Assists 3 points
G - Goals 5 points

Special Scoring for Wings Setting
A - Assists 3 points
G - Goals 5 points

Special Scoring for Defensemen Setting
A - Assists 5 points
G - Goals 8 points
PPA - Power Play Assists 3 points
PPG - Power Play Goals 4 points
SHG - Short Handed Goals 4 points

Special Scoring for Goalies Setting
A - Assists 5 points
G - Goals 5 points
GA - Goals Against -2 points
GGP - Goalie Games Played 2 points
L - Losses -2 points
S - Saves 0.25 points
SO - Shut Outs 3 points
W - Wins 4 points

Any changes to your suggestions? It seems to me that D-men that get PP points are really valuable. They are worth almost twice as much as PP pts by forwards.
Wow thats a weird scoring formula a Defensemen getting an assist on a PP is worth Double that of a forward. At the same time our getting 7 points for a PPG forward and 12 for a D-Man. It does increase value of D to an extent I'd still probably go F G F F but after that it makes things a bit difficult you are going to want primarily D that are on the PP but really it doesn't change all that much how many D really don't play the PP the Elite D are still going to go higher then they should and you might get people to buy into it and get sucked into average D way too early.

As far as Goaltending I know it seems like they will get you a ton of points but consider a 35 Shots are taken on your goalie 3 Go in and your team loses 3-2 you are getting 2 points for him playing 8 points for the saves -6 for the goals and another -2 for your Loss. Resulting in 2 points unless they had an assist or a goal... Not really all that game breaking when you consider a Forward getting 1 PPG is resulting in 7 points or a PPA is getting you 4. Now thinking about it you want a goalie that is going to get wins obviously so drafting one early is probably a good idea because it seems getting someone like Craig Anderson or Mike Smith in this league not only suck because you aren't getting any points but your will probably also lose a ton. Guys who are going to get wins are more important then the actaul goalie stats for your league it seems. Vokoun will probably be a goalie that falls fairly low after high statistical producers are taken and he is likely to get the President's Trophy.

Old
09-28-2011, 08:19 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Wow thats a weird scoring formula a Defensemen getting an assist on a PP is worth Double that of a forward. At the same time our getting 7 points for a PPG forward and 12 for a D-Man. It does increase value of D to an extent I'd still probably go F G F F but after that it makes things a bit difficult you are going to want primarily D that are on the PP but really it doesn't change all that much how many D really don't play the PP the Elite D are still going to go higher then they should and you might get people to buy into it and get sucked into average D way too early.

As far as Goaltending I know it seems like they will get you a ton of points but consider a 35 Shots are taken on your goalie 3 Go in and your team loses 3-2 you are getting 2 points for him playing 8 points for the saves -6 for the goals and another -2 for your Loss. Resulting in 2 points unless they had an assist or a goal... Not really all that game breaking when you consider a Forward getting 1 PPG is resulting in 7 points or a PPA is getting you 4. Now thinking about it you want a goalie that is going to get wins obviously so drafting one early is probably a good idea because it seems getting someone like Craig Anderson or Mike Smith in this league not only suck because you aren't getting any points but your will probably also lose a ton. Guys who are going to get wins are more important then the actaul goalie stats for your league it seems. Vokoun will probably be a goalie that falls fairly low after high statistical producers are taken and he is likely to get the President's Trophy.
Thanks for the tips!

I think I will definitely go F-G first too. I'm really feeling tempted to get a D early. I'll have to see how it plays out.

This league also charges fees per transaction, so should be interesting.

I've already started my research! Been doing data imports of statistics into excel so I can analyze it and apply this particular scoring system haha.

Figures, my first adventure back into Fantasy Hockey in about 10 years and I get some abnormal scoring system with $$ per transaction haha.

Old
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

****, who picked up Nabby? I totally forgot that guy existed and picked up DiPietro. Do they know who is starting yet on the Island?

Old
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
****, who picked up Nabby? I totally forgot that guy existed and picked up DiPietro. Do they know who is starting yet on the Island?
I did.

No idea who is starting but I dropped Emery for him - as Dipetro will get injured somehow....

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I did.

No idea who is starting but I dropped Emery for him - as Dipetro will get injured somehow....
I just figured if he's healthy, he'll start. Then I saw that you picked up Nabby and remembered the whole debacle from last season with him. I have a goalie (Jon Quick), but it sounds like his job may be in jeopardy for some reason. Dude killed it last year, but I guess they think Bernier can do better.

Old
10-01-2011, 02:06 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Updated the team list in the first post of this thread. Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Old
10-08-2011, 09:51 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Thanks, Breezy.

Old
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

quick fantasy question: Has Hartnell always played on the 3rd line? Noticed he's there this season. thanks

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 02:55 AM
PALE PWNR

Looking to Move Chara and 1 of Brodeur or Roloson for an upgrade in Net