HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At What Point Does DL Make a Move

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2011, 10:38 AM
  #1
jmjt9864
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
At What Point Does DL Make a Move

does Lombardi either make a move

OR

start entertaining offers for the UFAs and increasing his scouting of draft eligible players?

i find it amazing that he has not stepped up yet. We all know he cannot announce his plans in public and we are all hopeful he will do something ... anything ... but history is showing he just cannot get it done and eventually we are going to need a GM who is willing to take chances and grow a set.

jmjt9864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:41 AM
  #2
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjt9864 View Post
does Lombardi either make a move

OR

start entertaining offers for the UFAs and increasing his scouting of draft eligible players?

i find it amazing that he has not stepped up yet. We all know he cannot announce his plans in public and we are all hopeful he will do something ... anything ... but history is showing he just cannot get it done and eventually we are going to need a GM who is willing to take chances and grow a set.
What move? Do you make a move just to make a move? Doesn't make sense.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
  #3
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
What move? Do you make a move just to make a move? Doesn't make sense.
It's Lombardi's fault for being in that position in the first place, he shouldn't have gone into the season with Parse as a top 6 LW.

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
  #4
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,177
vCash: 69
and who is available?


Lombardi said he has looked around and there are no "game changers" on the market

With the parity in the league, only 3 teams are really "out of it" at this point and 25+ teams all want their 2 , maybe 3 available players.

Add in that Hemsky is out for a while now and there are even less available players

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
  #5
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
It's Lombardi's fault for being in that position in the first place, he shouldn't have gone into the season with Parse as a top 6 LW.
Who should he have traded to get one?

Johnson?

I guarantee you that is the starting point for any legit top 6 LW.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
  #6
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Who should he have traded to get one?

Johnson?

I guarantee you that is the starting point for any legit top 6 LW.
More like JJ,Schenn, that is what I would be asking for. Why would I help LA out with a deal that is level ?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
  #7
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Who should he have traded to get one?

Johnson?

I guarantee you that is the starting point for any legit top 6 LW.
So essentially Parse was his only option for a top 6 winger? How did it come to that point?

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:55 AM
  #8
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
More like JJ,Schenn, that is what I would be asking for. Why would I help LA out with a deal that is level ?
Yeah, that's why I said starting point.

Wait though there must be a GM out there stupid enough to send us a 40-goal scorer for Hickey, Moller, Zatkoff, and a 1st round pick. Get off your ass Dean and make some calls!!!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:56 AM
  #9
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yeah, that's why I said starting point.

Wait though there must be a GM out there stupid enough to send us a 40-goal scorer for Hickey, Moller, Zatkoff, and a 1st round pick. Get off your ass Dean and make some calls!!!
Yah cause it happens all the time right? right?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
  #10
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Why was he forced to go with Parse as a top 6 winger into the season?
Uh, because considering Parse's experience and talent level he was the best player available in the system.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
  #11
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Uh, because considering Parse's experience and talent level he was the best player available in the system.
Parse would have broken out I think had he not got injured again.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
  #12
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
As the ship contines to sink, the trade deadline will approach and teams will start calling. I was hopeful that Justin Williams would re-sign here but I doubt that is realistic. On the brightside the Kings have a few desirable impending UFA's (the joys of being a Kings fan). They should just sit Williams until someone calls so he doesn't get hurt because he'll probably net a decent return.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
  #13
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
So essentially Parse was his only option for a top 6 winger? How did it come to that point?
I dunno, you tell me. Seems like you're asking a rhetorical question to which you already have some pre-determined smug answer.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
  #14
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Uh, because considering Parse's experience and talent level he was the best player available in the system.
And that's acceptable? That Parse is your best option as a top 6 forward? I guess I can accept the fact that he couldn't possibly make any move to bring in a player either through UFA or trade that is better that Scott Parse, but how on earth do you come to the point where Scott Parse is your best option for a top 6 winger? That doesn't raise any red flags to you?

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:02 AM
  #15
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
And that's acceptable? That Parse is your best option as a top 6 forward? I guess I can accept the fact that he couldn't possibly make any move to bring in a player either through UFA or trade that is better that Scott Parse, but how on earth do you come to the point where Scott Parse is your best option for a top 6 winger?
I think people really don't understand how FEW thirty goal scorers there are in the league.

Their is on average twenty-five Players in the league that score thirty.
That's not a lot. And teams don't just give them away.

Now you want to talk 20-25 potters, there are more of those. But you have to give up a roster player most likely to get them.

And the team that owns said player is not going to ask for Ryan Smyth, Or Zues ETC ETC.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
  #16
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
And that's acceptable? That Parse is your best option as a top 6 forward? I guess I can accept the fact that he couldn't possibly make any move to bring in a player either through UFA or trade that is better that Scott Parse, but how on earth do you come to the point where Scott Parse is your best option for a top 6 winger? That doesn't raise any red flags to you?
Nope. Kind of like it probably didn't bother Wilson when Setaguchi was his best option as a top 6 his rookie season. If you don't give a kid that is a scorer that kind of opportunity then you never find out what you have.

Unfortunately, with Parse's injury Lombardi still doesn't know exactly.

What would have been acceptable in your mind? I can tell you this, had Marleau hit the open market he likely would have been in LA on July 1. Some **** doesn't pan out.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
  #17
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Nope. Kind of like it probably didn't bother Wilson when Setaguchi was his best option as a top 6 his rookie season. If you don't give a kid that is a scorer that kind of opportunity then you never find out what you have.

Unfortunately, with Parse's injury Lombardi still doesn't know exactly.
Or Logan Couture, He was really raw coming into this season.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:13 AM
  #18
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Or Logan Couture, He was really raw coming into this season.
Yep, there 'ya go. Good example. Subtle point I was trying to make with Seto was that even when you put a kid in that situation and he does well the first season, there is no guarantee said kid is going to be a good top 6 for the next 10 years.

How many teams have 6 forwards that fans would call top 6?

I know the solution to this problem. Contract the NHL back down to 12 teams.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:16 AM
  #19
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yep, there 'ya go. Good example. Subtle point I was trying to make with Seto was that even when you put a kid in that situation and he does well the first season, there is no guarantee said kid is going to be a good top 6 for the next 10 years.

How many teams have 6 forwards that fans would call top 6?

I know the solution to this problem. Contract the NHL back down to 12 teams.
Just look how poorly Seto, PAtty M, Jumbo Joe, Heater, Kovi, Gabo till last night, FRolov , Myers, Doughty, Hell even Ovie's numbers are down. ETC ETC I could go on forever.

Point is it's hard to be consistent, Unless your name is Crosby.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
  #20
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Just look how poorly Seto, PAtty M, Jumbo Joe, Heater, Kovi, Gabo till last night, FRolov , Myers, Doughty, Hell even Ovie;s numbers are down. ETC ETC I could go on forever.

Point is it's hard to be consistent, Unless your name is Crosby.
The thing is I was a huge believer in the idea that Marleau was going to pack his bags last summer and move to LA. I really thought the guy needed a change of scenery and would have made the Kings a real threat.

Was I wrong? Looks like by his stats today I was, but maybe changing teams would have been exactly what he needed.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
  #21
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The thing is I was a huge believer in the idea that Marleau was going to pack his bags last summer and move to LA. I really thought the guy needed a change of scenery and would have made the Kings a real threat.

Was I wrong? Looks like by his stats today I was, but maybe changing teams would have been exactly what he needed.
Your not wrong, Patty Needed a change, I don't even know why he stayed(probably Family). But that guy is under constant siege for he suppose lack of effort ETC.

I would have got the hell out if I was Patty. The funny part is his Contract is exactly what handcuffed San Jose not to get a D man in the offseason.

A good one, not the Chicago guy.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:33 AM
  #22
TonySCV
Moderator
3 in 5 > 3 in 6
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,787
vCash: 500
DL doesn't do panic trades. He didn't in San Jose, and he's given no indication he'll do so here.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
  #23
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!
 
hauspaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: South Korea
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
So essentially Parse was his only option for a top 6 winger? How did it come to that point?
cough, cough, cheap, cough...

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
  #24
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
DL doesn't do panic trades. He didn't in San Jose, and he's given no indication he'll do so here.
***STOMPS FEET*****

BUT I WANTS HIM TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!

cough, cough, lame, cough

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:24 PM
  #25
jmjt9864
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
in terms of a move ... well even fire the freakin' coach

get some balls DL ... that is your job to right the ship .. patience is great but i think we all have been patience since you got there ..

jmjt9864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.