HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scottie Upshall

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 12:59 AM
"TheTrain"

vCash: 500
Scottie Upshall

Haven't heard an update on his status in a while, does anyone know how serious the injury turned out to be? Will he need surgery again, etc. ?

Old
06-09-2004, 01:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrain
Haven't heard an update on his status in a while, does anyone know how serious the injury turned out to be? Will he need surgery again, etc. ?

I don't think he needs surgery again, at least last I heard. Eriks can probably better answer this question.

I hope he can keep healthy, because when he was, he seemed to be having a dynamite season for the Admirals.

Old
06-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I don't think he needs surgery again, at least last I heard. Eriks can probably better answer this question.

I hope he can keep healthy, because when he was, he seemed to be having a dynamite season for the Admirals.
Upshall scares me. The kid has a great game for the NHL, but man.......he gets hurt way to often/easily. I just hope that he can bulk up or something so that we will actually get to see him here in the NHL :/

06-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Scottie has had a recurrent injury with a knee this last season. The original injury was one of those "freak" things. Then, in his eagerness to get back to playing, he came back too soon, and reaggrevated it. The second time, he was a little frightened that it was going to shut him down all season, so he was very cautious to avoid reinjuring it. He came back strong after the second rehab stint.

Then, in the playoffs, he took a rather nasty (though from what I hear, clean) knee to knee hit on a collision at center ice. One of those things that happen in hockey every day, except this time, his knee and that of the Chicago player connected and because Scottie had had issues with it all year, he damaged it enough to require surgery.

As I understand it, he has had the surgery already, but I could be wrong with this. When I asked him between games 2 & 3 of the finals, the night before they flew out about his knee, he replied that it was "sore" and that he was dissapointed that he was missing the finals, but very happy to have been a part of the team that got him there.

During the celebration, he was moving pretty well which is a good sign. If he follows his rehab stint religiously over the summer, I think he will be fine come camp. The key will be his attitude, as I have heard that the brass want him here (in Milwaukee) at least a good part of next season to show his knee is healthy.

Old
06-09-2004, 02:16 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Upshall scares me. The kid has a great game for the NHL, but man.......he gets hurt way to often/easily. I just hope that he can bulk up or something so that we will actually get to see him here in the NHL :/
As far as I know, injuries have never been a problem for Scottie until this seaosn. Let's hope it's just a freak thing and won't be repetitive.

Old
06-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
As far as I know, injuries have never been a problem for Scottie until this seaosn. Let's hope it's just a freak thing and won't be repetitive.
You are right SmokeyClause. I've heard the same thing. Scottie was blindsided with the injuries this year because he had never had to face anything quite like that.

He will be fine. He is going to commit to rehab just to make sure he is stronger and bigger for the next season.

Old
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
"TheTrain"

Sure is nice to have someone like Eriks around, thanks guys.

Old
06-10-2004, 02:42 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrain
Sure is nice to have someone like Eriks around, thanks guys.

Eriks is great. Inside info. is a must to make this board what it needs to be. We've got our Milwaukee connection. Now we just need more connections with the big squad.

Old
06-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Radulov for Czar*

three cheers for Eriks!!

Old
06-11-2004, 01:39 AM
gibber1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
He doesn't like getting hit.

Old
06-11-2004, 07:18 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Looks like I have a new member of my ignore list, gibber1600.

Old
06-11-2004, 07:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600
beat it kid, ya bothan me

Old
06-11-2004, 12:27 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600
Why all the upshall hate? Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Old
06-11-2004, 06:38 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
gibber1600 is to Upshall as Dulzhok is to Legwand.

But even Dulzhok gives Legwand credit every once and awhile... yet to see that from gibber.

Old
06-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Upshall is a talented young player. But much of what I have heard regarding him as a person isn't so good. I hope that either changes or is erroneous, because Nashville likes good people as well as talented people.

I know I have never had a problem with him, as he's always been nice to me and a good interview. But, I know a lot of fans are turning on him up here. But then again, sometimes it doesn't take much.

Old
06-11-2004, 08:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriks
Upshall is a talented young player. But much of what I have heard regarding him as a person isn't so good. I hope that either changes or is erroneous, because Nashville likes good people as well as talented people.

I know I have never had a problem with him, as he's always been nice to me and a good interview. But, I know a lot of fans are turning on him up here. But then again, sometimes it doesn't take much.

from reading the Admirals Crew board, I've found they don't like:

Vernon Fiddler
Brian Finley
Wyatt Smith
Scottie Upshall
Andrew Hutchinson
Robert Schnabel

And basically anyone that gets a call up. As you said, sometimes it seems like it doesn't take much. No joke, I once read, "Fiddler came back here like he was too good to be back. I said hi to him, and he sounded really insincere when he said hello."

Old
06-13-2004, 01:24 AM
gibber1600

I saw Upshall play twice 2 years ago after he signed but was sent down. During the anthems, he would lean over at the bench and other 4 guys stood there, and wouldn't join his teamates, good luck!!

Old
06-13-2004, 01:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I saw Scottie Upshall in a clearing in the woods behind my house. He was dancing with a coven of goatmen around a black altar, while babies roasted over a fire nearby, a sacrifice to their dark master.

Old
06-13-2004, 01:35 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:

Vernon Fiddler
Brian Finley
Wyatt Smith
Scottie Upshall
Andrew Hutchinson
Robert Schnabel

And basically anyone that gets a call up. As you said, sometimes it seems like it doesn't take much. No joke, I once read, "Fiddler came back here like he was too good to be back. I said hi to him, and he sounded really insincere when he said hello."

ya, I was pretty surprised to see Fiddler on that list

Old
06-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I saw Scottie Upshall in a clearing in the woods behind my house. He was dancing with a coven of goatmen around a black altar, while babies roasted over a fire nearby, a sacrifice to their dark master.
This reminds me of "Young Goodman Brown"

Old
06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
upshall_lover22

Scottie!

I can not believe the things I have been hearing about Scottie Upshall. Would someone please tell me what is up with him? He is a nice guy? I hear he isnt nice to the fans and stuff. I've been and upshall fan forever! Could someone please give me the scoop

Old
06-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Ri hards

Quote:
Well, I suppose he's never gone on record saying he DOESN'T dance with goatmen around black altars whilst babies roast on nearby fires....

Old
06-27-2004, 10:21 AM
pred33fan

Quote:

Vernon Fiddler
Brian Finley
Wyatt Smith
Scottie Upshall
Andrew Hutchinson
Robert Schnabel

That's normal for the Crew board. I post occasionally over there, but they tend to not let you in their exclusive group... Most that I've talked to dislike anything about Nashville because we keep taking "their" boys and when the come back, they suddenly have an "attitude.:

Last edited by pred33fan: 06-27-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread