HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Ottawa

Old
01-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Lee is a better defenseman than O'Bryne. Only Shattenkirk on that list is better, tbh, despite the bad rap Lee get's in Ottawa.

Elliot and Barrie have better long-term potential, though; if that's what you mean?
O'Byrne (for the Avs) is better than Shattenkirk this year and significantly better than Lee. I expect at least one of Elliot/Barrie/Holos to be better than Lee next year. Most likely more than one.

I never saw anything that made me interested in Lee. Granted I don't see him as much as Sens fans. But on the other hand they find a way to include him in many proposals.

Either way, Avs RD pipeline is loaded and I don't think they will add to it unless it is a top pairing guy.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Robin Lehner*

vCash: 500
do we not have enough D peospects for the future? the only way i'd do it is Lee for Cumiskey or Lee plus a pick

Robin Lehner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
O'Byrne (for the Avs) is better than Shattenkirk this year and significantly better than Lee. I expect at least one of Elliot/Barrie/Holos to be better than Lee next year. Most likely more than one.

I never saw anything that made me interested in Lee. Granted I don't see him as much as Sens fans. But on the other hand they find a way to include him in many proposals.

Either way, Avs RD pipeline is loaded and I don't think they will add to it unless it is a top pairing guy.
Lee get's included in proposals because Sens fans are bitter that he isn't Anze Kopitar. The organization had unrealistic expectations for him. He also is the type of defender that is a classic "jack of all trades, master of none". He's physical, but no big hits. He's got a good first pass, but he's not really a puck mover. He's competent offensively, but he has a weak shot. He's competent defensively, but he's not a shut down guy. In this respect I guess he's a perfect 4/5 d-man since he plays everything fairly well and is reliable... as the season has gone on he's played a lot more and I think Sens fans are beginning to realize his value.

The depth of right handed prospects the organization has though does make him somewhat expendable in a swap.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Freaky Styley

i'd be more interested in what it would take to get phillips or cowen out of ottawa

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:18 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
i'd be more interested in what it would take to get phillips or cowen out of ottawa
Cowen? One of Stastny, Duchene or Stewart would look wonderful in a Sens jersey. Cowen is our only mean SOB in the system. The kid is a monster. I'm not saying his value league wide is one of your top 3, but to us he's priceless. (ofcourse it wouldn't of been Cowen straight up)

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote