HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders Claim Nabokov (Won't Report & Suspended)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
  #701
Drivefor5
Registered User
 
Drivefor5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
If I were Snow I would try to trade Nabby within the eastern conference. So we can constantly go at him for his disrespect. If he wants to get to the Finals let him have to get through us. Extra motivation for us to get to, progress in the playoffs.

How about a trade with Washington, Nabby for Mike Green or John Carlson straight up? Would Washington make this trade?

Drivefor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 07:05 PM
  #702
_illicit_
Registered User
 
_illicit_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
If I were Snow I would try to trade Nabby within the eastern conference. So we can constantly go at him for his disrespect. If he wants to get to the Finals let him have to get through us. Extra motivation for us to get to, progress in the playoffs.

How about a trade with Washington, Nabby for Mike Green or John Carlson straight up? Would Washington make this trade?

_illicit_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 08:58 PM
  #703
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky
 
Backhand of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
If I were Snow I would try to trade Nabby within the eastern conference. So we can constantly go at him for his disrespect. If he wants to get to the Finals let him have to get through us. Extra motivation for us to get to, progress in the playoffs.

How about a trade with Washington, Nabby for Mike Green or John Carlson straight up? Would Washington make this trade?

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
  #704
Aucoin3
Registered User
 
Aucoin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
If I were Snow I would try to trade Nabby within the eastern conference. So we can constantly go at him for his disrespect. If he wants to get to the Finals let him have to get through us. Extra motivation for us to get to, progress in the playoffs.

How about a trade with Washington, Nabby for Mike Green or John Carlson straight up? Would Washington make this trade?
Really?

I think Washington would jump at this trade but Snow would never consider it.

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
  #705
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
If I were Snow I would try to trade Nabby within the eastern conference. So we can constantly go at him for his disrespect. If he wants to get to the Finals let him have to get through us. Extra motivation for us to get to, progress in the playoffs.

How about a trade with Washington, Nabby for Mike Green or John Carlson straight up? Would Washington make this trade?
Sure. just add Hamonic and Bailey.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
  #706
periferal
Registered User
 
periferal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
If I were Snow I would try to trade Nabby within the eastern conference. So we can constantly go at him for his disrespect. If he wants to get to the Finals let him have to get through us. Extra motivation for us to get to, progress in the playoffs.

How about a trade with Washington, Nabby for Mike Green or John Carlson straight up? Would Washington make this trade?


Surely the mods must give this guy an infraction.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:39 PM
  #707
Drivefor5
Registered User
 
Drivefor5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Surely the mods must give this guy an infraction.
Ok so since all seems to think this is a bad trade can someone explain why?

I am not saying I am a perfect evaluator of talent or the next GM but the way I see it is Nabby has a Great regular season past he is 36 and has nothing left but to win it all. He also has shown himself to be a diva so that is a detractor.

In that situation I think Washington and Nabby would both see they might be a good match. Basically both are the missing piece for the other. He also makes a very managable 570k and depending on who the Caps would decide to trade us of the 2 bellow would either have a little more cap space or alot more cap space. If they go for Green then they would free up 5+ million to throw at Knuble and or any other UFA's they wanted to sign or resign.

So now for the return to the Isles.

First Mike Green:

He is not small but one of the smaller Dman in Washington at 6'1" 200 he is not old at 25 but has some Experience with 5 years and he seems to be able to put up points, I would imagine he would be part of a top pairing for us. He also makes 5.25 million and next year would be playing for a new contract so this would certainly give him incentive and he also is only a RFA in 2012-2013. His contract while on the larger side is something we can obviously manage.

Second John Carlson:

He has good size at 6'3" 210 he is young at 21 and seems to be able to put up points similar to Green but with less history to show then Green. Carlson was an alternate captain for the United States in the 2010 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. On January 5, 2010, Carlson scored the game-winning goal in overtime of the Gold Medal game as part of a two goal effort to beat Team Canada 6-5.[2] Additionally, he was named to the WJC all-star team. He makes 845,833 next year and he also would be playing for a new contract so this would certainly give him incentive and he too is only a RFA in 2012-2013.

I think either of these guys could be a 1,2 or 3 dman for us.

Thoughts?????

Drivefor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
  #708
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,316
vCash: 500
Give up Green, a 70 point defenseman... to throw money at Knuble? Really?

Green is a 1st pairing defenseman for any team. Carlson is a blue-chipper. Washington isn't going to give up the hardest thing to get in the NHL (young, top pairing defenseman) for the easiest thing to get in the NHL (veteran goalies). To be kind, they wouldn't even consider it.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:00 AM
  #709
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,522
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
Ok so since all seems to think this is a bad trade can someone explain why?

I am not saying I am a perfect evaluator of talent or the next GM but the way I see it is Nabby has a Great regular season past he is 36 and has nothing left but to win it all. He also has shown himself to be a diva so that is a detractor.

In that situation I think Washington and Nabby would both see they might be a good match. Basically both are the missing piece for the other. He also makes a very managable 570k and depending on who the Caps would decide to trade us of the 2 bellow would either have a little more cap space or alot more cap space. If they go for Green then they would free up 5+ million to throw at Knuble and or any other UFA's they wanted to sign or resign.

So now for the return to the Isles.

First Mike Green:

He is not small but one of the smaller Dman in Washington at 6'1" 200 he is not old at 25 but has some Experience with 5 years and he seems to be able to put up points, I would imagine he would be part of a top pairing for us. He also makes 5.25 million and next year would be playing for a new contract so this would certainly give him incentive and he also is only a RFA in 2012-2013. His contract while on the larger side is something we can obviously manage.

Second John Carlson:

He has good size at 6'3" 210 he is young at 21 and seems to be able to put up points similar to Green but with less history to show then Green. Carlson was an alternate captain for the United States in the 2010 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. On January 5, 2010, Carlson scored the game-winning goal in overtime of the Gold Medal game as part of a two goal effort to beat Team Canada 6-5.[2] Additionally, he was named to the WJC all-star team. He makes 845,833 next year and he also would be playing for a new contract so this would certainly give him incentive and he too is only a RFA in 2012-2013.

I think either of these guys could be a 1,2 or 3 dman for us.

Thoughts?????
Uh, you just went into great detail about why your incredibly lopsided deal would be good for the Islanders. The folks who responded to you were, I'm going to assume, laughing at the fact it would be a horrible deal for Washington.

You're not getting the best offensive defenseman in the NHL, or one of the brightest young defensemen in the NHL -- both of whom would already be the #1 defenseman on the Islanders -- in return for an aging goalie that won't even report to your team. It's a horribly one-sided proposal on your part.

There's very few pieces (if any) on your entire roster that Washington would deal either Green or Carlson for straight up, let alone Evgeni Nabokov.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:38 AM
  #710
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivefor5 View Post
Ok so since all seems to think this is a bad trade can someone explain why?

I am not saying I am a perfect evaluator of talent or the next GM but the way I see it is Nabby has a Great regular season past he is 36 and has nothing left but to win it all. He also has shown himself to be a diva so that is a detractor.

In that situation I think Washington and Nabby would both see they might be a good match. Basically both are the missing piece for the other. He also makes a very managable 570k and depending on who the Caps would decide to trade us of the 2 bellow would either have a little more cap space or alot more cap space. If they go for Green then they would free up 5+ million to throw at Knuble and or any other UFA's they wanted to sign or resign.

So now for the return to the Isles.

First Mike Green:

He is not small but one of the smaller Dman in Washington at 6'1" 200 he is not old at 25 but has some Experience with 5 years and he seems to be able to put up points, I would imagine he would be part of a top pairing for us. He also makes 5.25 million and next year would be playing for a new contract so this would certainly give him incentive and he also is only a RFA in 2012-2013. His contract while on the larger side is something we can obviously manage.

Second John Carlson:

He has good size at 6'3" 210 he is young at 21 and seems to be able to put up points similar to Green but with less history to show then Green. Carlson was an alternate captain for the United States in the 2010 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. On January 5, 2010, Carlson scored the game-winning goal in overtime of the Gold Medal game as part of a two goal effort to beat Team Canada 6-5.[2] Additionally, he was named to the WJC all-star team. He makes 845,833 next year and he also would be playing for a new contract so this would certainly give him incentive and he too is only a RFA in 2012-2013.

I think either of these guys could be a 1,2 or 3 dman for us.

Thoughts?????
Nabokov isn't worth Green or Carlson's jockstraps.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:38 AM
  #711
IslesNorway
Registered User
 
IslesNorway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Nabokovs value have taken a plunge since the Isles claimed him and the longer he goes without playing the lower it goes. He has an NMC which would rule out moving him to most of the teams in the NHL and he'd only lift it for a serious contender.

His value lies in the fact that some other team can get a top goalie for virtually nothing if his contract is tolled, but they won't give up their farm for him. I guess if moved he'd fetch a mid-round pick or decent prospect at most.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:41 AM
  #712
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
Nabokovs value have taken a plunge since the Isles claimed him and the longer he goes without playing the lower it goes. He has an NMC which would rule out moving him to most of the teams in the NHL and he'd only lift it for a serious contender.

His value lies in the fact that some other team can get a top goalie for virtually nothing if his contract is tolled, but they won't give up their farm for him. I guess if moved he'd fetch a mid-round pick or decent prospect at most.
Which is PERFECT as our GM can only get a mid-round pick or decent prospect in any trade he makes at most. (him getting Ryan Smyth was the first horseman of the apocalypse if you ask me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Surely the mods must give this guy an infraction.
(sorry, periferal, that was a joke)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 08:23 AM
  #713
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,452
vCash: 500
I'd jump for joy if somehow Snow was able to turn Na*****kov into a 2nd line player or a 1st round pick but I know it's not going to happen. I'd easily settle for a decent prospect for that sieve which I feel is doable.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
  #714
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,490
vCash: 500
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Nabakov's salary counts against the Isles' cap? He signed his contract with Det after the age of 35, and he's now Isles' property. I don't feel like pulling up the CBA and reading the exceptions to the general rule, so I'll throw it out there for the cap experts.

I ask because I'm concerned this could limit our ability to upgrade at the deadline.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
  #715
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,316
vCash: 500
Too bad the Isles already traded a goalie to Tampa, because we might have gotten Stamkos for Nabokov.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
  #716
thedonger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Too bad the Isles already traded a goalie to Tampa, because we might have gotten Stamkos for Nabokov.
nah, i would have much rather they trade him to chicago for toews...the hawks might have to add in a mid tier d-man though like duncan keith.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
  #717
Wedregast
Registered User
 
Wedregast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
nah, i would have much rather they trade him to chicago for toews...the hawks might have to add in a mid tier d-man though like duncan keith.
I think we could easily get an aging Crosby and Malkin for Nabokov and a 7th rounder.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
  #718
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Lol at the trade proposals for an aging goalie most teams wouldn't want in their locker room if his cap hit was 0.

Nabokov might as well call it a career now.

The guy sounds like a terrible teammate to be around. I doubt I'd want to be friends with him either. He's the guy at your pickup game that takes the ball and goes home because he didn't get to bat first or something.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.