HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Nashville

Old
01-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Colorado - Nashville

Oh my God I'm really nervous about making this... um...

To Nashville:
Paul Stastny
Ryan Stoa
Kyle Cumiskey
2011 2nd

To Colorado:
Shea Weber

*nervously pees his pants*

Thoughts?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aittokallio View Post
Oh my God I'm really nervous about making this... um...

To Nashville:
Paul Stastny
Ryan Stoa
Kyle Cumiskey
2011 2nd

To Colorado:
Shea Weber

*nervously pees his pants*

Thoughts?
You should change pants.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Bleu Blanc Rouge

vCash: 500
stastny is enough.

Bleu Blanc Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:07 PM
The Instigator
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
Reality: Avs overpay.
Also Reality: Shea Weber's value to the Pred is higher then anyone else's a la captaincy.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin007 View Post
Reality: Avs overpay.
Also Reality: Shea Weber's value to the Pred is higher then anyone else's a la captaincy.
Pretty much this, although I don't see it as a huge overpayment. It's basically a great piece in Stastny, two "meh" players in Cumiskey and Stoa, and a middle of second round pick.

Weber is still the best player in the deal by a good margin...and the pieces coming back don't really make it worth it, despite Avs fans potentially feeling like they're giving up a lot. Swap out Stoa for say, Ryan O'Reilly, and it becomes an interesting offer.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:34 PM
JSilvius*

Colorado is giving up too much.

JSilvius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:46 PM
BeastoftheEast85

I would take out Ryan Stoa and Kyle Cumiskey, but change this pick into a first round pick and Nashville would add 3rd or 4rth round pick. I think that would fair, but I don't see Nashville moving Weber.

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:03 AM
thedoctor
                    

I understand that you're trying to make a deal that Nashville fans would actually do, but it's not worth it to the Avs at that point. Just trading Stastny creates as big a hole as adding Weber fills.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:10 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
I understand that you're trying to make a deal that Nashville fans would actually do, but it's not worth it to the Avs at that point. Just trading Stastny creates as big a hole as adding Weber fills.
id kinda be interested in seeing if guys like RoR and Hishon could make up for the loss of staz, weber is a great player and literally fills the number one problem the avs have. If hishon could be a number 2 center in this league, we can have dutchy be a number 1 and hishon be a 2 and still have RoR as a fantastic number 3

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:13 AM
umwoz

Teams don't frequently trade young captains.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Weber is a right shot. Avs have a much stronger right side than left side and our two best prospects (three with Shatty) are right shooters. Getting Weber won't help as much as we think when our left side would still consist of Wilson, Cumiskey, Hunwick and Liles.

Basically getting Weber would make one of O'Byrne and Shattenkirk a scratch.

If on the other hand we are talking about Suter, I'm all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Swap out Stoa for say, Ryan O'Reilly, and it becomes an interesting offer.
No way any team gives up their first and third center in the same deal.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:50 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Weber is a right shot. Avs have a much stronger right side than left side and our two best prospects (three with Shatty) are right shooters. Getting Weber won't help as much as we think when our left side would still consist of Wilson, Cumiskey, Hunwick and Liles.

Basically getting Weber would make one of O'Byrne and Shattenkirk a scratch.

If on the other hand we are talking about Suter, I'm all ears.
people are making waaay to much of a deal out of the whole right handed lefthanded issue

shea weber makes your entire team better, regardless of his handedness

even if every one of our d men in the entire system was right handed id still want him on my team

Suter is great too, and id have just as much desire to aquire him as i do shea weber, but it has nothing to do with which hand he uses to brush his teeth

Old
01-23-2011, 12:57 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Stastny
Liles
3rd

For

Weber

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:03 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Stastny
Liles
3rd

For

Weber

Old
01-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Pyke*

Statsny is criminally underrated. Giving up on him is a mistake. The depth of the team at C is a major strength and is why the team is able to play through injuries to all positions.

Additionally, Shattenkirk projects to be the #1 D-man we need anyway.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:45 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Overpayment by Colorado, but that's likely what it would take to pry Weber from Nashville at this point.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 01:54 AM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Statsny is criminally underrated. Giving up on him is a mistake. The depth of the team at C is a major strength and is why the team is able to play through injuries to all positions.

Stastny is an amazing hockey player, but i think this team could reasonably be better with shea weber, provided hishon turns out to be a number 2 center, is it worth the risk in making this deal right now, probably not, but id definitely consider it

Also, i dont quite have captianshattenkirk as a number 1, a very solid 2, but i dont think he has the size and defensive aptitude to be a true 1

Old
01-23-2011, 07:48 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Stastny
Liles
3rd

For

Weber
Probably one of the better trade proposals for Weber that I've seen. Top 6 forward and top 4 defenseman. Stastny has the potential to be a top 3 forward. I'd have to consider it if I were Nashville. Maybe make it a 2nd and I'd say yes.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:01 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post

1. Agreed.
2. Not agreed.

Shatty is projected to be a "Boyle" or "Rafalski" type. Small, puck moving, PP QB Dmen who are great no. 2s/top paring, but not no. 1. Nothing wrong with that. Shatty's a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
Stastny is an amazing hockey player, but i think this team could reasonably be better with shea weber, provided hishon turns out to be a number 2 center, is it worth the risk in making this deal right now, probably not, but id definitely consider it
That's a pretty big "if". I know the Avs have successful drafting but there is nothing to suggest that Hishon will be a consistent near PPG player, playing on PP/PK/OT/SH/FO, etc.

Quote:
Also, i dont quite have captianshattenkirk as a number 1, a very solid 2, but i dont think he has the size and defensive aptitude to be a true 1
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Probably one of the better trade proposals for Weber that I've seen. Top 6 forward and top 4 defenseman. Stastny has the potential to be a top 3 forward. I'd have to consider it if I were Nashville. Maybe make it a 2nd and I'd say yes.
He's the no. 1 center on the Avs mostly this season and all of last season. Was top 10 in scoring for centers last season and top 15 this season; shy 3 points away from top 10 with all the players ahed of him playing more games.

Yea, he has the potential to be what he already is.

Old
01-23-2011, 08:03 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Boyle is absolutely a #1 defenseman. I don't think Sahttenkrik will be anywhere near the level of Boyle, though.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 08:17 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Boyle is absolutely a #1 defenseman. I don't think Sahttenkrik will be anywhere near the level of Boyle, though.
I meant in terms of "playing style" comparisons. Not career projections.

Old
01-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
people are making waaay to much of a deal out of the whole right handed lefthanded issue

shea weber makes your entire team better, regardless of his handedness

even if every one of our d men in the entire system was right handed id still want him on my team

Suter is great too, and id have just as much desire to aquire him as i do shea weber, but it has nothing to do with which hand he uses to brush his teeth
Are we making too much of it when the coach pretty much never have used anything but three right and three left handed shots? Despite it leading to some baffling choices.

Saying it shouldn't matter doesn't mean it doesn't matter. It does and having a very strong right side and a very weak left side matters with the coaches we have.

Of course Weber makes our defense better. We would replace Shattenkirk with him (most likely). That is an upgrade. Not worth giving up Stastny of course.

Anyway, it's probably in Avs best interest to hang on to the center depth for the time being although going forward with Liles-O'Byrne and Suter-Shattenkirk sounds like a very good defensive foundation. But it would mostly shift weakness around instead of fixing things.

Last edited by Freudian: 01-23-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 09:10 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

I like Suter more than Weber, but in either event, this trade isn't bad. I don't know if I pull the trigger if I'm either team, though. Avs fans have to understand that they'll most likely never get what they expect for Stastny. He's very, very underrated. (And Nashville taking Cumiskey is a plus for us, actually.) I think Colorado would end up missing Stastny a lot more than they think. We'd be getting a great return, no doubt, but we need Stastny right now.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:39 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by base View Post
He's the no. 1 center on the Avs mostly this season and all of last season. Was top 10 in scoring for centers last season and top 15 this season; shy 3 points away from top 10 with all the players ahed of him playing more games.

Yea, he has the potential to be what he already is.
So because he's the Avs number 1 center means he's a top 3 forward? Top 3 forwards to me are the elite players in the NHL. Stastny is great no doubt but is he a franchise type player at this point in his career? Does he scare you every time he's on the ice? Is he in the same class that Sakic and Forsberg were? I'm not so sure I answer yes to any of those questions. No doubt his stats are quite good but he's not a dominating force out there which I equate to a top 3 forward.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So because he's the Avs number 1 center means he's a top 3 forward? Top 3 forwards to me are the elite players in the NHL. Stastny is great no doubt but is he a franchise type player at this point in his career? Does he scare you every time he's on the ice? Is he in the same class that Sakic and Forsberg were? I'm not so sure I answer yes to any of those questions. No doubt his stats are quite good but he's not a dominating force out there which I equate to a top 3 forward.
Top 3 on a team or in the league?

He's top 3 on any franchise in the NHL.

He's not top 3 in terms of, he won't go third in a fantasy draft.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote