HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi-edm

Old
01-22-2011, 12:25 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
Nyi-edm

to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Travis Hamonic or Calvin De haan
Casey Cizikas

to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano or Gilbert Brule

Last edited by dannyboy8920: 01-22-2011 at 12:48 PM.
dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

There is no way in hell ANY team accepts a trade with DiPi coming their way regardless of who comes with him.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

yeah, dipietrio's like a part time goalie

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

A) No one is taking DiPietro's contract.

B) The Islanders are not desperate enough to move him to give up one of their future top 4 defensemen and a promising Cizikas.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

No one touches DiPietro's contract with a 10 foot pole.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Casey Cizkas
3rd

to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really. would have to add something; pick/a goalie prospect from Edmonton to help out the Isles such as Dubnyk or Olivier, buit this would give Edmonton a legit shutdown D who's young and could build with our core. Perhaps move Smid in a seperrate deal as Peckham, Smid, Hamonic would be redundant.

NYI get to dump Dipietro's contract and get back servicable PMD d-man and either a speedy player who could use a change of scenery or a gritty bottom 6 guy who would likely inject some energy into tthe bottom 6. Would probably need a little more coming back to part with Hamonic but might be doable...maybe Edmonton's 2nd instead of another goalie prospect for the Isles? Also I'd say drop the 3rd round as NYI move more youth to move salary or replace Gilbert with Smid/Peckham (better d-men).

Very good base for a trade IMO but neither team would pull the trigger as it's too much $ with DP for the term and ISles won't want to part with youth given they're rebuilding as well.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
A) No one is taking DiPietro's contract.

B) The Islanders are not desperate enough to move him to give up one of their future top 4 defensemen and a promising Cizikas.
Is the value there though?
Getting rid of dipietro and still be able to gain a top 4 ready dman. Along with a underachieving; but still young center.

At the loss of some future. Im not sure how Hamonic is playing. (in the AHL and NHL this year) ; but De haan shouldnt be anywhere near untouchable. He has been by far the most disappointing player in Oshawa; and has been given all the opportunities in the world.

I think if NYI could unload Dipietro; it would be in there best interest. Getting someone to accept, is another question. Thats why overpaying a bit in futures may happen

Old
01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it. You won't get Hamonic or deHaan for Gilbert and Cogliano/Brule

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
HemskyToHall*

give tavares, okposo, nino along with a first will only make me consider taking that contract.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Casey Cizikas

to NYI:
Tom Gilbert

you do realize the following

1) Nabby wont report the NYI and this trade leaves them with no goalie
2) Oilers have Habby for 3 more years

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it. You won't get Hamonic or deHaan for Gilbert and Cogliano/Brule
I wouldnt expect you to take that......if DP wasnt involved.
That is the whole reasoning.

NYI unload the bad contract; attach futures to it. to offset the long contract.

And still gain a top Dman, and a change of scenery forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
you do realize the following

1) Nabby wont report the NYI and this trade leaves them with no goalie
2) Oilers have Habby for 3 more years
When i first made the proposal, i totally forgot about Khabibulin. But, figured they would find a way to get rid of him (i.e retire because of injuries, waive, trade)

Old
01-22-2011, 01:24 PM
rockinghockey

No matter the players you are getting back no one is going to take DI's contract. It is worse than Horc's contract.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Casey Cizikas

to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
You can take Hamonic and De Haan both out of your proposal.There isn't one Oiler player offered,who'd pry either youngster away from the isles.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really. would have to add something; pick/a goalie prospect from Edmonton to help out the Isles such as Dubnyk or Olivier, buit this would give Edmonton a legit shutdown D who's young and could build with our core. Perhaps move Smid in a seperrate deal as Peckham, Smid, Hamonic would be redundant.

NYI get to dump Dipietro's contract and get back servicable PMD d-man and either a speedy player who could use a change of scenery or a gritty bottom 6 guy who would likely inject some energy into tthe bottom 6. Would probably need a little more coming back to part with Hamonic but might be doable...maybe Edmonton's 2nd instead of another goalie prospect for the Isles? Also I'd say drop the 3rd round as NYI move more youth to move salary or replace Gilbert with Smid/Peckham (better d-men).

Very good base for a trade IMO but neither team would pull the trigger as it's too much $ with DP for the term and ISles won't want to part with youth given they're rebuilding as well.

Isles will wait until DiPi either puts his injuries behind him or until he retires.Unfortunately,I'm thinking it's gonna end with a retirement.

Then we'll see how much the team pays and how much insurance pays.

No interest in moving De Haan,Hamonic or Cizikas for picks who are probably yrs from contributing.Hamonics already on the isles roster.De Haan will be either in Bridgeport or LI next yr.Cizikas could be in Bridgeport, as early as next season.

Old
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
ItsTheBGB
WJC Pool Champ!

Quote:
You know how hard it is for defenseman to become as good as Gilbert is in the NHL right?

Gilbert gets bashed all the time by over reacting Oiler fans but he is a very, very solid defender.

ItsTheBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:32 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
give tavares, okposo, nino along with a first will only make me consider taking that contract.
Put down that bong son.Drugs are ruining today's youth

Old
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Quote:
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Casey Cizikas

to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Forget about Dipietro — I would not give up De Haan, Hamonic or Cizikas for the three players your listing.

This trade is completely unbalanced and 100% one sided.

For the millionth time — Mike Milbury is not the GM of the Islanders anymore and there is no way any sane person would make this trade.

These kids today — Heroin has done terrible things........

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
ItsTheBGB
WJC Pool Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Put down that bong son.Drugs are ruining today's youth
Tell that to Garth or who ever offered that contract to Dipietro. That could F up our cap when Paajallberle's contracts run out. No thanks. Worst contract in the league.

ItsTheBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it.
I think the idea behind the proposal is Dipietro has negative value(which for arguement sake I would think he does since the amount of uncertainty there is for the rest of the life of the deal)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Forget about Dipietro I would not give up De Haan, Hamonic or Cizikas for the three players your listing.

This trade is completely unbalanced and 100% one sided.

For the millionth time Mike Milbury is not the GM of the Islanders anymore and there is no way any sane person would make this trade.

These kids today Heroin has done terrible things........
If you think that DP is not in the deal for a reason. He is getting dumped by the Isles at the cost of some good futures (like i have already stated).

You wont get rid of DP without moving some picks and or prospects. So saying "i wouldnt trade ____ for the 3 players, if DP wasnt even involved" does not make sense.

The acid must be still effecting you from the 70s.

Old
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really.
you're an oilers fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
You know how hard it is for defenseman to become as good as Gilbert is in the NHL right?

Gilbert gets bashed all the time by over reacting Oiler fans but he is a very, very solid defender.
You know how hard it is for defensemen to become as good as Hamonic in the NHL right?

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:01 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
Tell that to Garth or who ever offered that contract to Dipietro. That could F up our cap when Paajallberle's contracts run out. No thanks. Worst contract in the league.
Wang is the one behind that contract.Since he has very deep pockets,let's let him worry about paying it?

Let's let him worry about a buyout or the team's portion of retirement insurance.

Old
01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
If you think that DP is not in the deal for a reason. He is getting dumped by the Isles at the cost of some good futures (like i have already stated).

You wont get rid of DP without moving some picks and or prospects. So saying "i wouldnt trade ____ for the 3 players, if DP wasnt even involved" does not make sense.

The acid must be still effecting you from the 70s.
Find and post a link from a credible source,saying the isles are trying to get out of DiPietro's deal.That they are trying to salary dump him.

I doubt DiPi stays healthy enough to finish the 10 yrs/$45m left on his contract.But that's what insurance is for,isn't it?

Old
01-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post
you're an oilers fan

You know how hard it is for defensemen to become as good as Hamonic in the NHL right?
And did you even bother to read what I wrote down or just comment b/c I'm an Oilers fan? I could say the same for you as you are an issle's fan. I said it was overpay by the Isles and to add from Edm and take out from NYI. I even suggested upping the QUALITY of Edm's offer while reducing the deal from NYI's perspective.

A good base that neither team will do is exactly that...an impossible deal as neither would be able to agree to terms. Most likely Nyi would want Smid and Paajarvi + 2nd /3rd or something of that nature to actually do the deal. I also said it wasn't TOO bad...not that it was a good trade for the Isles.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▀████╱█████▀

vCash: 70
A back up goaltender that will be making 4.5 mil per for the nest 9 years helloWTF is going on here man?

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote