HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi-edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2011, 12:25 PM
  #1
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Nyi-edm

to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Travis Hamonic or Calvin De haan
Casey Cizikas


to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano or Gilbert Brule


Last edited by dannyboy8920: 01-22-2011 at 12:48 PM.
dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:29 PM
  #2
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,476
vCash: 500
There is no way in hell ANY team accepts a trade with DiPi coming their way regardless of who comes with him.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:31 PM
  #3
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm
 
Ross Rhea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
yeah, dipietrio's like a part time goalie

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
  #4
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,439
vCash: 500
A) No one is taking DiPietro's contract.

B) The Islanders are not desperate enough to move him to give up one of their future top 4 defensemen and a promising Cizikas.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:34 PM
  #5
Hampe
The Hampster
 
Hampe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
No one touches DiPietro's contract with a 10 foot pole.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
  #6
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Travis Hamonic or Calvin De haan
Casey Cizkas
3rd

to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano or Gilbert Brule
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really. would have to add something; pick/a goalie prospect from Edmonton to help out the Isles such as Dubnyk or Olivier, buit this would give Edmonton a legit shutdown D who's young and could build with our core. Perhaps move Smid in a seperrate deal as Peckham, Smid, Hamonic would be redundant.

NYI get to dump Dipietro's contract and get back servicable PMD d-man and either a speedy player who could use a change of scenery or a gritty bottom 6 guy who would likely inject some energy into tthe bottom 6. Would probably need a little more coming back to part with Hamonic but might be doable...maybe Edmonton's 2nd instead of another goalie prospect for the Isles? Also I'd say drop the 3rd round as NYI move more youth to move salary or replace Gilbert with Smid/Peckham (better d-men).

Very good base for a trade IMO but neither team would pull the trigger as it's too much $ with DP for the term and ISles won't want to part with youth given they're rebuilding as well.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
  #7
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
A) No one is taking DiPietro's contract.

B) The Islanders are not desperate enough to move him to give up one of their future top 4 defensemen and a promising Cizikas.
Is the value there though?
Getting rid of dipietro and still be able to gain a top 4 ready dman. Along with a underachieving; but still young center.

At the loss of some future. Im not sure how Hamonic is playing. (in the AHL and NHL this year) ; but De haan shouldnt be anywhere near untouchable. He has been by far the most disappointing player in Oshawa; and has been given all the opportunities in the world.

I think if NYI could unload Dipietro; it would be in there best interest. Getting someone to accept, is another question. Thats why overpaying a bit in futures may happen

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
  #8
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Big Brock
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,427
vCash: 500
Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it. You won't get Hamonic or deHaan for Gilbert and Cogliano/Brule

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
  #9
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
give tavares, okposo, nino along with a first will only make me consider taking that contract.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
  #10
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Travis Hamonic or Calvin De haan
Casey Cizikas


to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano or Gilbert Brule

you do realize the following

1) Nabby wont report the NYI and this trade leaves them with no goalie
2) Oilers have Habby for 3 more years

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
  #11
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it. You won't get Hamonic or deHaan for Gilbert and Cogliano/Brule
I wouldnt expect you to take that......if DP wasnt involved.
That is the whole reasoning.

NYI unload the bad contract; attach futures to it. to offset the long contract.

And still gain a top Dman, and a change of scenery forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
you do realize the following

1) Nabby wont report the NYI and this trade leaves them with no goalie
2) Oilers have Habby for 3 more years
When i first made the proposal, i totally forgot about Khabibulin. But, figured they would find a way to get rid of him (i.e retire because of injuries, waive, trade)

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:24 PM
  #12
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
No matter the players you are getting back no one is going to take DI's contract. It is worse than Horc's contract.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
  #13
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Travis Hamonic or Calvin De haan
Casey Cizikas


to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano or Gilbert Brule
You can take Hamonic and De Haan both out of your proposal.There isn't one Oiler player offered,who'd pry either youngster away from the isles.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really. would have to add something; pick/a goalie prospect from Edmonton to help out the Isles such as Dubnyk or Olivier, buit this would give Edmonton a legit shutdown D who's young and could build with our core. Perhaps move Smid in a seperrate deal as Peckham, Smid, Hamonic would be redundant.

NYI get to dump Dipietro's contract and get back servicable PMD d-man and either a speedy player who could use a change of scenery or a gritty bottom 6 guy who would likely inject some energy into tthe bottom 6. Would probably need a little more coming back to part with Hamonic but might be doable...maybe Edmonton's 2nd instead of another goalie prospect for the Isles? Also I'd say drop the 3rd round as NYI move more youth to move salary or replace Gilbert with Smid/Peckham (better d-men).

Very good base for a trade IMO but neither team would pull the trigger as it's too much $ with DP for the term and ISles won't want to part with youth given they're rebuilding as well.

Isles will wait until DiPi either puts his injuries behind him or until he retires.Unfortunately,I'm thinking it's gonna end with a retirement.

Then we'll see how much the team pays and how much insurance pays.

No interest in moving De Haan,Hamonic or Cizikas for picks who are probably yrs from contributing.Hamonics already on the isles roster.De Haan will be either in Bridgeport or LI next yr.Cizikas could be in Bridgeport, as early as next season.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
  #15
ItsTheBGB
WJC Pool Champ!
 
ItsTheBGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it. You won't get Hamonic or deHaan for Gilbert and Cogliano/Brule
You know how hard it is for defenseman to become as good as Gilbert is in the NHL right?

Gilbert gets bashed all the time by over reacting Oiler fans but he is a very, very solid defender.

ItsTheBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:32 PM
  #16
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
give tavares, okposo, nino along with a first will only make me consider taking that contract.
Put down that bong son.Drugs are ruining today's youth

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
  #17
HyeDray
HFB Partner
 
HyeDray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
to EDM:
Rick Dipietro
Travis Hamonic or Calvin De haan
Casey Cizikas


to NYI:
Tom Gilbert
Andrew Cogliano or Gilbert Brule
Forget about Dipietro — I would not give up De Haan, Hamonic or Cizikas for the three players your listing.

This trade is completely unbalanced and 100% one sided.

For the millionth time — Mike Milbury is not the GM of the Islanders anymore and there is no way any sane person would make this trade.

These kids today — Heroin has done terrible things........

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
  #18
ItsTheBGB
WJC Pool Champ!
 
ItsTheBGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Put down that bong son.Drugs are ruining today's youth
Tell that to Garth or who ever offered that contract to Dipietro. That could F up our cap when Paajallberle's contracts run out. No thanks. Worst contract in the league.

ItsTheBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
  #19
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Take out DP and I still wouldn't do it.
I think the idea behind the proposal is Dipietro has negative value(which for arguement sake I would think he does since the amount of uncertainty there is for the rest of the life of the deal)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
  #20
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Forget about Dipietro I would not give up De Haan, Hamonic or Cizikas for the three players your listing.

This trade is completely unbalanced and 100% one sided.

For the millionth time Mike Milbury is not the GM of the Islanders anymore and there is no way any sane person would make this trade.

These kids today Heroin has done terrible things........
If you think that DP is not in the deal for a reason. He is getting dumped by the Isles at the cost of some good futures (like i have already stated).

You wont get rid of DP without moving some picks and or prospects. So saying "i wouldnt trade ____ for the 3 players, if DP wasnt even involved" does not make sense.

The acid must be still effecting you from the 70s.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
  #21
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs
 
It Was 4 to 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: #FireCapuano
Country: United States
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really.
you're an oilers fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
You know how hard it is for defenseman to become as good as Gilbert is in the NHL right?

Gilbert gets bashed all the time by over reacting Oiler fans but he is a very, very solid defender.
You know how hard it is for defensemen to become as good as Hamonic in the NHL right?

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:01 PM
  #22
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
Tell that to Garth or who ever offered that contract to Dipietro. That could F up our cap when Paajallberle's contracts run out. No thanks. Worst contract in the league.
Wang is the one behind that contract.Since he has very deep pockets,let's let him worry about paying it?

Let's let him worry about a buyout or the team's portion of retirement insurance.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
  #23
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
If you think that DP is not in the deal for a reason. He is getting dumped by the Isles at the cost of some good futures (like i have already stated).

You wont get rid of DP without moving some picks and or prospects. So saying "i wouldnt trade ____ for the 3 players, if DP wasnt even involved" does not make sense.

The acid must be still effecting you from the 70s.
Find and post a link from a credible source,saying the isles are trying to get out of DiPietro's deal.That they are trying to salary dump him.

I doubt DiPi stays healthy enough to finish the 10 yrs/$45m left on his contract.But that's what insurance is for,isn't it?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 06:28 PM
  #24
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post
you're an oilers fan



You know how hard it is for defensemen to become as good as Hamonic in the NHL right?
And did you even bother to read what I wrote down or just comment b/c I'm an Oilers fan? I could say the same for you as you are an issle's fan. I said it was overpay by the Isles and to add from Edm and take out from NYI. I even suggested upping the QUALITY of Edm's offer while reducing the deal from NYI's perspective.

A good base that neither team will do is exactly that...an impossible deal as neither would be able to agree to terms. Most likely Nyi would want Smid and Paajarvi + 2nd /3rd or something of that nature to actually do the deal. I also said it wasn't TOO bad...not that it was a good trade for the Isles.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM
  #25
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▀████╱█████▀
 
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ====█|-
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,597
vCash: 70
A back up goaltender that will be making 4.5 mil per for the nest 9 years helloWTF is going on here man?

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.