Savard??? (new lines talk)

Old
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Yeppers. At the very least, it's a nice safety blanket. If Seguin is having an off night or struggling with a matchup, you could trot them out there as a traditional 'shut down' 3rd line. If he's having a good night then you could use Bergy's line in that role, and trot out the Seguin and Soup lines normally.
sounds about right. I'm sure we will see a few combos involving those 6 depending on who they are facing that night.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
A line I've been dying to see is Marchand-Bergeron-Wheeler.
Wheels and Bergy connected on some nice goals when they were playing together, so I think there's some chemistry there. And those 3 are arguably the 3 hardest working players on the team, so I think they'd overwhelm their matchups at ES as well.

March-Bergy-Wheeler
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Rex-Seguin-Ryder

But I could also see Julien wanting to leave the Bergy line alone, and going with...

March-Bergy-Recchi
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Wheeler-Seguin-Ryder
I would like to see Lucic and Horton on separate lines.
I would want to keep one winger with speed while the other winger brings in toughness and grit.

Thus my lines would be the following,

Marchand,Bergeron,Recchi
Lucic,Krejci,Ryder
Wheeler,Seguin,Horton

Horton and Recchi can be interchanged depending on how they perform.

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
nycbruins*

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
Wheeler-Seguin-Ryder
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

I'm intrigued by Wheeler with Bergy & Marchand, but I don't think you split up a line after they just scored 10 points in 1 game.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:48 PM
rainone99

Hate seeing anyone end his career at the age of 32 because of injury so lets just keep this to maybe a few weeks to a month and go from there. Too much speculation to say he's done for good.

That being said this team is better when Savard is not in the lineup. Examples are everywhere..

1) Take last year's playoffs
2) Our very good start this year
3) Krecji was playing a lot better before Savard got back than he is now, and played his best last year in the playoffs when Savard was sitting out.
4) I also do think Bergy and Savard don't like each other much and he may have other personal conflicts than we know about.

If I was CJ, I would go back to what worked early this year and what is working now

Krecji Lucic Horton
Bergeron Marchand Reechi
Seguin Wheeler Ryder
Campbell Paille Thornton

rainone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Marchand-Bergy-Rex
Lucic-DK-Horton
Wheeler-Seguin-Simmonds
Caron-Soup-Thorty
Paille

Chara-Kampfer
Seids-Boychuk
Ference-McQ

If not this, then what Bill suggested. I like the idea of Marchand-Bergy-Wheeler and giving Rex to Seguin, but I would be nervous about that line getting stuck in their own end at times. If Rex gets trapped on the boards or the puck gets cycling to his point man quickly, he's not making the play which means you're relying on Seguin deeper in the zone which I'm not so sure about.

Seguin has shown flashes with Wheeler this season (and both with Bergy)- I'd be willing to put them together as Wheeler can get to the point quickly and help get the puck out of the zone on his own- would help to keep that line from getting in the minus certain nights.

Also hope that the DK line gets back to it's early season form.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
amt98Bruin
Return of Savvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
One of those Ryders should be Tyler Seguin.

I'd go with

Lucic Krejci Ryder
Marchand Bergeron Recchi
Wheeler Seguin Horton
Paille Campbell Thornton
Please happen. I wouldnt mind seeing Arniel on the 4th line instead of Paille

amt98Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatson783 View Post
Marchand-Bergy-Rex
Lucic-DK-Horton
Wheeler-Seguin-SimmondsCaron-Soup-Thorty
Paille

Chara-Kampfer
Seids-Boychuk
Ference-McQ

If not this, then what Bill suggested. I like the idea of Marchand-Bergy-Wheeler and giving Rex to Seguin, but I would be nervous about that line getting stuck in their own end at times. If Rex gets trapped on the boards or the puck gets cycling to his point man quickly, he's not making the play which means you're relying on Seguin deeper in the zone which I'm not so sure about.

Seguin has shown flashes with Wheeler this season (and both with Bergy)- I'd be willing to put them together as Wheeler can get to the point quickly and help get the puck out of the zone on his own- would help to keep that line from getting in the minus certain nights.

Did we get Simmonds for Ryder??

I think we have all been reading and conversing too much on this subject lately..

I am sure you meant Ryder......

Old
01-23-2011, 05:07 PM
amt98Bruin
Return of Savvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatson783 View Post
Marchand-Bergy-Rex
Lucic-DK-Horton
Wheeler-Seguin-Simmonds
Caron-Soup-Thorty
Paille

Chara-Kampfer
Seids-Boychuk
Ference-McQ

Why does LA trade Simmonds for Ryder and Stuart?

amt98Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Universe View Post
Did we get Simmonds for Ryder??

I think we have all been reading and conversing too much on this subject lately..

I am sure you meant Ryder......
Lol not yet...I'm just suggesting these lines in case that's the personnel for our match up with florida

Old
01-23-2011, 05:48 PM
GoBs

If I had to guess what Claude's going to do

Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi (Can't break this line up)

Lucic - Krejci - Horton (He isn't the most creative coach)

Wheeler- Seguin -Ryder (This line will play less than the 4th line)

Thronton - Campbell - Paille
(Will Play like a 3rd line)

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
BruinsPortugal

FWIW, per Fluto:

The Bruins have started their afternoon practice with new lines, per the absence of Marc Savard. As expected, the former No. 1 line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci, and Nathan Horton is back together.

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Blake Wheeler-Tyler Seguin-Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Steven Kampfer
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Andrew Ference/Mark Stuart-Adam McQuaid

Tim Thomas
Tuukka Rask

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
FWIW, per Fluto:

The Bruins have started their afternoon practice with new lines, per the absence of Marc Savard. As expected, the former No. 1 line of Milan Lucic, David Krejci, and Nathan Horton is back together.

Tim Thomas
Tuukka Rask
So rather what we expected for the time being. I think what will make it interesting is to see if a trade occurs and who is brought up upon return to Boston if Savard is unable to go back into the line up.

Old
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Would like to see Ryder in Horton's spot. Hopefully a re-uniting of the line that was so good early on in the season will get Nate going again.

774EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Hippie

I would like to see something like:
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Wheeler - Seguin - Ryder
Marchand - Bergy - Rex
Thornton - Campbell - Caron
Paille

Horton and Ryder could be switched in my opinion depending on chemistry issues, but I liked the way that line started the season, and Wheels and Ryder had good chemistry before, which might make things easier for Seguin. I have had some trouble watching games this season as I have moved out of market, so I missed the entire Wheeler at center experiment, but I did hear good things, so I could see him and Segs swapping positions. I prefer Caron over Paille because he has an offensive aspect to his skillset that Pialle is void of.
I ordered the lines this way to use the bergy line as our #1 shutdown line where they will still be a scoring threat and put the Seguin line against other 2nd line talent, hoping that they can take advantage of less defensively aware opponents. However, I would prefer to see Bergy's line to get more ice time, something like:
L-K-H 18-22mins
W-S-R 12-16mins
M-B-R 16-20mins
T-C-C 10-14mins

On the upside, we only have 2 games before the all-star break and 8 games in the next 3 weeks with Carolina, Dallas, Montreal and a home & home vs. Detroit looking tough (not certain, but I think SJ is playing poorly). Following that, we face the dregs of the league for the next 2 1/2 weeks, with only Vancouver being scary.

Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
FWIW, per Fluto:

Tim Thomas
Tuukka Rask

I like the look of this on paper.
However, if the 1st line does not play well together after a few games I would like to see Horton and Lucic separated.
I would not hesitate to interchange Horton and Ryder and keep the rest as is.
I like the idea of having grit and speed on the wings as much as possible on each combo line.

I really hope what CJ has put together here does pan out successfully and does not have to experiment too much in getting what he thinks is the right combos.

Old
01-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
A line I've been dying to see is Marchand-Bergeron-Wheeler.
Wheels and Bergy connected on some nice goals when they were playing together, so I think there's some chemistry there. And those 3 are arguably the 3 hardest working players on the team, so I think they'd overwhelm their matchups at ES as well.

March-Bergy-Wheeler
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Rex-Seguin-Ryder

But I could also see Julien wanting to leave the Bergy line alone, and going with...

March-Bergy-Recchi
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Wheeler-Seguin-Ryder

Folks here are tossing out lots of good line combinations.

What I find amazing is the quality of forwards that the Bruins have at present. It was not long ago that they had nothing like the depth available now for Coach Julien to play with. And fans like us were scratching to find line combinations that we hoped might have a slight chance to contribute on a nightly basis.

Even the current 4th line is better than many of the top 3 lines of the recent past.

In addition, the Bruins have some good young forward prospects in the pipeline. This old fan is very pleased with the direction of the team.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt98Bruin View Post
Why does LA trade Simmonds for Ryder and Stuart?
Why not? Ryder can score, is having a better year than last year, and Stuart is a good bottom-pairing guy. And both guys have contracts that end this year. It's clear LA needs a shakeup, also.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergy-Rex
Wheeler-Seguin-Ryder
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Mr Cartmenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
ap3lovr

You know you have a deep team when your 13th forward is a 3rd line starter on about 24 teams in the league.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Folks here are tossing out lots of good line combinations.

What I find amazing is the quality of forwards that the Bruins have at present. It was not long ago that they had nothing like the depth available now for Coach Julien to play with. And fans like us were scratching to find line combinations that we hoped might have a slight chance to contribute on a nightly basis.

Even the current 4th line is better than many of the top 3 lines of the recent past.

In addition, the Bruins have some good young forward prospects in the pipeline. This old fan is very pleased with the direction of the team.
I with you Alan Ryan with the sentiments that this team direction is heading towards the right direction.

I have to admit that since that Montreal loss this team has stepped up a notch or two and I really hope they do not hold back anything from now on.

The team is playing with so much more effort and desire and I truly believe this is making everybody that much better individually too.

I had strong beliefs going back 4 or 5 weeks ago that this team could be strong enough to go to the SC finals this year and I had even made a thread on it.
I was supported by a few but most thought this team did not have it.
I knew they would need a few additions in areas we are lacking and hopefully this areas will be taken care of by the time play offs begin.
The two most important areas we have to address will a proven PMD and get our PP to standard that we can actually be considered a threat when we are on the PP.

I am excited and I certainly hope we will witness some great hockey from now to the end of the year.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:03 PM
deliciouspie
the best post

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
You know you have a deep team when your 13th forward is a 3rd line starter on about 24 teams in the league.
in fairness, that's made possible when your second best defenseman is the third best on most teams, the third best the fourth, etc

not to mention the best forward being the second or third best on other teams

i'm perfectly contented with the latter, and if the former ever gets addressed, this team is probably one of the best in the league

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:47 AM
KillerKampfer*

Not toutching the Bergeron line. SO I give Seguin some games with Horton and if they are struggling probably reuinte Krejci with Lucic and Horton and ride those as a top two and take the pressure of Ty's line which would get similar ice to Campbells. For now:

Lucic Krejci Wheeler
Rex Bergeron Marchand
Ryder Seguin Horton
Paille Campbell THornton

Good enough for me, I am not sure Seguin is ready for this if he isnt Horton will go back with Krejci. Dont see Ty and Ryder getting split up rest of the way.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Call me crazy but I would love to put Marchand on Seguin's wing and see what happens. All season long it's been "zomg look at the chemistry he has with the fourth line" followed by "zomg look at his chemistry with Bergy". At some point you have to start thinking the kid is just a spark plug, and I think Seguin could use some of that mojo.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton (reunite this line, it did well starting the year)
Wheeler-Bergeron-Recchi (this line can grind it out against anyone, switch the wingers' sides if you like)
Ryder-Seguin-Marchand (give Seguin some time at center with some guys who work really hard and can shoot)
Pie-Soup-Thornton (obv)

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
fage88
It's so big IRL

"yeaaa Saaaavaaarrds Hurt Time To Bring Up Mcgratton. He's The Toughest Sob We Gaaaattt"

fage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
First off,I think Savard does not have another concussion.Not sure they would let him fly right away like that if he did.And if God Forbid he does,I say Bruins use his money for a big trade.they would be able to put ,Marc on LTIR and spend that elsewhere.Seguin is not the answer right now for a team looking to go deep in playoffs.They would be better served finding a really good player elsewhere. that can handle the pressure and rigors nite in and out of playoffs.They would have the cash then to get it done and have the picks or pieces to do it.
TSN already confirmed its a concussion. He is out indefinitely.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350909

But to the topic. Seguin should go to center, Chia now has 4m in cap space to work with to bring in a good PMD/ a higher end of the talent pool scorer.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote