HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouliot hits 102mph at Habs skill competition

Old
01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He did last season:

haha thats my gfs youtube video

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Max et Guillaume

the greatest/most surprising moment ever at the skills competition has to be this (1:05 mark):

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
the greatest/most surprising moment ever at the skills competition has to be this (1:05 mark):
Metro was good for us. I'm surprised he didn't sign in the NHL.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Asamu

I wondered why Wizniewski uses a white stick and he just answer to my question in this video: White Lightning. I just can't believe that we have a Lightning wizard in our team though I expected his lightning to be faster than Pouliot's one.

On the other hand, nobody can say that Desharnais is too slow for the NHL now that he finished 3rd in the speed competition.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamu View Post
I wondered why Wizniewski uses a white stick and he just answer to my question in this video: White Lightning. I just can't believe that we have a Lightning wizard in our team though I expected his lightning to be faster than Pouliot's one.

On the other hand, nobody can say that Desharnais is too slow for the NHL now that he finished 3rd in the speed competition.
The thing with Desharnais is that unlike a lot of smaller player he's not VERY fast. He's a good skater and its not a problem. I guess some people took reports that he wasn't super fast and thought that it was a huge fault in his game. Its very possible and logical Desharnais has been working a lot on his skating in the last few years also. He seems like a pretty determined and intelligent guy, and he knows he won't grow 6 inches and gain 40 pounds, his best chance is to skate fast, be skilled and know the game.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamu View Post

Athough, as far as I could tell in that video, they just picked four random guys to skate in the speed contest. Probably Gomez, Gio or Plekanec would have been faster than those guys. Desharnais was comparable to the others he raced against, but they didn't time everyone on the team.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

It should come as no surprise that pouliot has a heavy shot. That being said, it doesnt mean that he should be blowing pucks past goalies every game. It has very little relevance to how effective he is in game action, which is the only thing I care about

Chad Kilger had one of the hardest shots in the league during his time in the nhl, so take it for what its worth, although I like pouliot alot more than kilger as a player.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:05 AM
slimkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It should come as no surprise that pouliot has a heavy shot. That being said, it doesnt mean that he should be blowing pucks past goalies every game. It has very little relevance to how effective he is in game action, which is the only thing I care about

Chad Kilger had one of the hardest shots in the league during his time in the nhl, so take it for what its worth, although I like pouliot alot more than kilger as a player.
I still can't fathom Pouliot having a hardest shot than like John LeClair...

Have the sticks changed over the years? I just watched the 1996 All-Star competition and nobody broke the 100 mph barrier (even in practice). The two hardest shots were LeClair @ 97.5 and Manson at 98.0. Only Iafrate seemed to breeze through (105.1 mph in "practice" but he hadn't played for 2 years (injury) and did it for the lulz).

slimkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post

Have the sticks changed over the years? I just watched the 1996 All-Star competition and nobody broke the 100 mph barrier (even in practice). The two hardest shots were LeClair @ 97.5 and Manson at 98.0. Only Iafrate seemed to breeze through (105.1 mph in "practice" but he hadn't played for 2 years (injury) and did it for the lulz).
They used to have wooden sticks. The wood sticks don't flex like the new ones so you would need much more power in your shot with a wooden stick to get the same speed out of the puck. The good thing about wood is you rarely saw the sticks breaking like the new ones are. Basically you can get more energy per weight out of the carbon ones.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:11 PM
slimkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
They used to have wooden sticks. The wood sticks don't flex like the new ones so you would need much more power in your shot with a wooden stick to get the same speed out of the puck. The good thing about wood is you rarely saw the sticks breaking like the new ones are. Basically you can get more energy per weight out of the carbon ones.
Which basically means a guy like Iafrate had a real cannon.

Could he have done ~110 mph with new carbon sticks?

slimkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:15 PM
KingGallagherXI

Should Martin try Pouliot on the second wave right PP point? He can't be worse defensively than MAB, his slap shot is just as powerful, and it's accurate as well...

KingGallagherXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post

The sticks, man, the sticks.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The sticks, man, the sticks.
Lucky for players, Iafrate is gone otherwise he'd kill someone today with a composite stick

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Sorry for the bump but it's on RDS right now.

Just to let you know.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote