HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
EDM

vCash: 500
Brass is part of Howson's "core". End of discussion.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes1 View Post
I must be missing something on Brassard, because he certainly looks to be turning the corner and taking the next step in his development. He has been very good lately. No way he is traded unless its part of a deal for spezza.
I agree I would not like to trade som of our young boys (in this case Brass). It was only a thought "... if Weiss...".

By the way do you think when Clitsome came in our defense play better? And we have not needed any expensive defensmen. I only want to mention that not "big trades" are always needed..

Last edited by mt-svk: 01-24-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes1 View Post
Plus he's what 21 years old ? Probably safe to say he hasnt even begun to have his best seasons yet.
I'm torn between wanting to trade Brass or not. I need something from him we haven't see yet.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Brass is part of Howson's "core". End of discussion.
Arniel might have a different idea of what his core is. Howson might even listen. I doubt it, but I want this off season to tell me. I never really thought Howson was going to get fired this year, so I expect him to be making decisions this off season.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I'm torn between wanting to trade Brass or not. I need something from him we haven't see yet.
he show flashes of what he can do, then goes back into a shell...I wouldn't mind trading him in an upgrade situation...but I do think if we somehow can bring him along, we could have something...who knows though

Old
01-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Agreed.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the latest from Ek

Quote:
On Enstrom...

Secondly, I am looking into rumors the Sharks and Perhaps the Blue Jackets are talking to Atlanta about Tobias Enstrom. If Thrashers are looking to she salary on Enstrom it would be a sign that they are going to be making a MAJOR acquisition as well...
unless the Thrashers ARE looking at a def upgrade, i can't see them dealing T.E.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Doesn't make any sense for ATL to deal Enstrom, he's young, relatively cheap, and putting up a ton of points.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:36 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Doesn't make any sense for ATL to deal Enstrom, he's young, relatively cheap, and putting up a ton of points.
On the surface. No.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
there's two sides...if the Spirit group decides to make a run for playoffs, I've read rumors of them going after regehr and iginla b/c they feel they can make a deep run if they get a couple pieces...if so adding that salary, they need to make room...

however, as much as the Spirit group has lied to whatever thrashers fans there are, I can't see them adding salary or caring about making a run at anything...

Old
01-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Cujorulesdtown9
More #BluePants

Being that Florida is rebuilding (as well as the sens) is there anything we could use from them? I would imagine the teams in rebuild mode won't be asking top value for players. Of course, this assumes we will be in the position to make moves come deadline time, and not just try to sell off some players ourselves.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
I'm torn as well. He has some flashed when playing with nash and vorachek. When those three click it really a fun sight to see. Problem is they don't click enough, if they those three played at a consistent level when playing together we would have a legit top line IMO

Old
01-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
I'm torn as well. He has some flashed when playing with nash and vorachek. When those three click it really a fun sight to see. Problem is they don't click enough, if they those three played at a consistent level when playing together we would have a legit top line IMO
The reason they aren't clicking doesn't lie with Brassard. He's having the best season of the 3.

01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
blahblah

Quote:
The reason they aren't clicking doesn't lie with Brassard. He's having the best season of the 3.
lol, ok Sam....

lol, post deleted...

Old
01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
lol, ok Sam....

lol, post deleted...
On what planet is Nash having a good season? Is it the same planet that Voracek is having even an average season?

Old
01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
I think getting weiss would be a nice move, so naturally it won't happen. Any chance we ship Commadore or Filatov
The idea that Weiss is thought of as being likely to be traded at all makes me LOL. Heck, they've got McCabe listed, and last I checked he's on IR 'till March - otherwise, he'd be one of the guys I'd want to target.

And there's three West teams supposedly after Kabe1rle; how many times has he sworn never to leave the East again?

Honestly, I don't exactly have a very high opinion of TFP's trade deadline guesses over the years as is.

Oh, and I will bet any wager anyone cares to offer that Tobias Enstrom will never be traded, thought of as tradable, shopped, or even rumored to possibly be traded by anyone other than Eklund. He's about as untouchable as players get.

EDIT: Alternatively, I'll double-or-nothing that if he is traded that the Thrashers will be playing in Canada within two years.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-24-2011, 12:56 PM
EDM

"The answer is in the room". Howson means it.

Old
01-24-2011, 12:58 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
On what planet is Nash having a good season? Is it the same planet that Voracek is having even an average season?
Obviously not on planet Samkow.

Old
01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Nash is on pace for 38 goals, which would match the 3rd highest season total of his career. He's also on pase to breal 70 points for the second time in his career.

Voracek is on pace for 53 points, which is more than last year. He also leads the team in assists.

So to answer your quesitons, Earth and yes.

Old
01-24-2011, 01:29 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Nash is on pace for 38 goals, which would match the 3rd highest season total of his career. He's also on pase to breal 70 points for the second time in his career.

Voracek is on pace for 53 points, which is more than last year. He also leads the team in assists.

So to answer your quesitons, Earth and yes.
Now I may be thinking of someone else, but didn't GMSH draft Voracek because of his ability to set-up others to score goals

Old
01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Were Jacket fans, we cant admit any of our draft picks might be doing well

Old
01-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Sideline

vCash: 754
Thought this might be of interest to CBJ fans given the past rumours of a deal with Pittsburgh:

Old
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I don't expect any major deals. If the Jackets stay in contention (2-4 points from 8th or better), I expect Howson to rationalize standing pat by believing the team is proving he is right to be patient and trust his long term plan. If they drop out of contention, then he just sells expiring contracts.

That said, I think Steven Weiss could be available and might be a good get:

Quote:
The Panthers are ready to clean house. GM Dale Tallon wants to follow the model he used to make Chicago a Stanley Cup champion — beginning with clearing out veterans. G Tomas Vokoun, LW Cory Stillman, and RWs Radek Dvorak and Rostislav Olesz are all being shopped Keep an eye on C Stephen Weiss, an attractive option with a $3.1-million hit and two years left on his contract. Sources say the club’s top scorer is available and attracting plenty of interest
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../16994831.html

Old
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Yes, I heard from a Guy who claims his barber knows the guy who cuts Brian Murray's garbageman's hair that the Jackets have a deal in place to trade Kallio, Odelein and Tugnutt for Spezza. This is on the down low, so please don't let anyone know.
I know I've been quiet here lately, but c'mon guys, I don't want to go to Ottawa. No Graffiti Burger.

Old
01-24-2011, 03:02 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
I'm not torn at all. I believe Brassard is slowly getting better and better. His assist on Nash's goal in St. Louis was a real flash of skill.

If Howson is presented with a deal fro Brassard that measurably improves the team for both the short and medium term, I would trade him.

Of course, to me the only untouchables league-wide are young franchise players like Crosby, Keith and Stamkos. I can't see any trade involving those kinds of players improving their teams.

Closed Thread