HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Would you be more upset if Howson claimed Souray off of waivers or if Howson traded Commie for Souray after he [if he] clears wiavers?
Hmmm. I just dont want Souray up here so put it that way lol. Dont want either near the team so just keep Commie in the minors and the Oilers deal with Souray.

Old
02-19-2011, 12:39 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
You can be my wingman any day.

and the amount of jacket hate around the boards (especially on the mains now) is seriously impressive

Old
02-19-2011, 01:10 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post

and the amount of jacket hate around the boards (especially on the mains now) is seriously impressive
it would be help if the jackets fans starting threads on the mains weren't so whiny. you'd think we'd learn from the 'no respect from Canada' thread

Old
02-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
it would be help if the jackets fans starting threads on the mains weren't so whiny. you'd think we'd learn from the 'no respect from Canada' thread
Clearly we have to MAKE them respect us... by kvetching constantly until they UNDERSTAND.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Richards is/was/will be a pipe dream for the CBJ:

When I look at that deal for Johnson again, Based on how risk adverse our GM has been rumored to be, I'm even more convinced that Howson wouldn't even be willing to part with something comparable to HALF that to get Richards and any additional/necessary extension here. That, and with Dallas still sitting in the top 8, I find it hard to believe that they would move if if there's still an outside chance they could cup chase this season.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:02 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Would you be more upset if Howson claimed Souray off of waivers or if Howson traded Commie for Souray after he [if he] clears wiavers?
I would be upset with either of them.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 02-19-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old
02-19-2011, 03:11 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post

When I look at that deal for Johnson again, Based on how risk adverse our GM has been rumored to be, I'm even more convinced that Howson wouldn't even be willing to part with something comparable to HALF that to get Richards and any additional/necessary extension here. That, and with Dallas still sitting in the top 8, I find it hard to believe that they would move if if there's still an outside chance they could cup chase this season.
how dare you..................

Old
02-19-2011, 03:54 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post

I'll be very surprised if he ever hits the trade market.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

There is a Blue Jackets scout at the bolts game for the 2nd night in a row. Anyone intrigued by this??????

Old
02-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
There is a Blue Jackets scout at the bolts game for the 2nd night in a row. Anyone intrigued by this??????
Curious how'd you found this out....doesnt make sense unless Howson wants to become a seller.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
all this information is available at www.twitter.com

Old
02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
all this information is available at www.twitter.com
Duh. I want a link. I know what twitter is.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:28 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Duh. I want a link. I know what twitter is.
I saw via portzline but he re-tweeted it from a guy from a paper down in tampa
http://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline

Old
02-19-2011, 06:37 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Can't say I am....

Old
02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I would be upset with either of them.
I guess what I was getting at is what are the cap implications of a Souray for Commie swap. Assuming we don't really want either and would more than likely buy either one out this Summer. Would we save some money? Would we have a higher cap hit but for less time? Are we able to buy out a contract that we just traded for? I have a feeling our capologist may be working something here.

Old
02-19-2011, 07:16 PM
morecannon

Why do we care what people on HF mains think about our team? Or some random sports writer from Chicago? There are a lot of games left and these people will either be proven right or wrong. Just let go for now.

Old
02-19-2011, 07:30 PM
JacketFanInFL

Quote:
I saw via portzline but he re-tweeted it from a guy from a paper down in tampa
http://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline
Could be scouting Florida also - Weiss/McCabe

Old
02-19-2011, 07:31 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by morecannon View Post
Why do we care what people on HF mains think about our team? Or some random sports writer from Chicago? There are a lot of games left and these people will either be proven right or wrong. Just let go for now.
I'm not worried about what they think. If we keep winning we get in, simple as that. But the disdain from other fans could potentially be linked to disdain from other organizations. Of course I have no proof, but merely thinking out loud.

The question still stands, what makes you think that any of the proposals in front of Howson would actually make this team better as opposed to vultures circling and trying to pick off our few talented youngsters for picks?

Old
02-19-2011, 07:36 PM
morecannon

Quote:
I'm not worried about what they think. If we keep winning we get in, simple as that. But the disdain from other fans could potentially be linked to disdain from other organizations. Of course I have no proof, but merely thinking out loud.

The question still stands, what makes you think that any of the proposals in front of Howson would actually make this team better as opposed to vultures circling and trying to pick off our few talented youngsters for picks?
I hear you. There may be nothing good out there for us now, but I think there will be some deals that will come his way that will make us better. If not, I don't mind if he does nothing. I don't agree with Bob Hunter a lot but he did say that no move is better than a bad move in an article this week.

Old
02-19-2011, 07:52 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Also, Columbus is 1 of 14 teams with scouts at the Ottawa/Toronto game.

Old
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Also, Columbus is 1 of 14 teams with scouts at the Ottawa/Toronto game.
All scrambling for the last player or two both teams haven't traded yet.

Old
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Howson needs to avoid trading young guys like Voracek, Brassard, ect. Filatov is in play imo but we need to try and keep him also. That doesnt exactly leave us with many options to bring in an asset. We have some good prospects that should be considered trade bait like a Goloubef along with others...not Moore or Savard. Dont really want to trade the 1st because we'll most likely be in 10-20 range and their are some good players in their that I'd love to have.

Old
02-19-2011, 08:08 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Howson needs to avoid trading young guys like Voracek, Brassard, ect. Filatov is in play imo but we need to try and keep him also. That doesnt exactly leave us with many options to bring in an asset. We have some good prospects that should be considered trade bait like a Goloubef along with others...not Moore or Savard. Dont really want to trade the 1st because we'll most likely be in 10-20 range and their are some good players in their that I'd love to have.
Would you consider trading a 2012 first rounder? For a team like us, it's risky trading a first rounder. We could either be good or bad and end up with a top 10 pick. Look at the Leafs, Burke probably felt that they were a good team so they traded their first rounders and others to land Kessel. Then looked what happened. They bombed and lost out on a 2nd overall pick, and possibly another good pick. I think Howson would be like you, probably won't give up a first because of the risk of losing out on a really good draft pick(I also don't see Howson as a risk taker but more of a thinker). I on the other hand, would trade away next years 1st rounder if we got a decent ready now player that would be with the team for at least 3 more years.

Old
02-19-2011, 08:10 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

I see GMSH's "bullets" as: Huselius, Moreau, Murray, Voracek, Hejda, Klesla, Mayorov, and then Filatov. Voracek would be the only one I would hate to lose of that bunch, but you've got to give to get.

Old
02-19-2011, 08:15 PM
MFRONE

Mayorov can't be a bullet because he has no value what so ever.

Closed Thread