HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 09:19 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

vCash: 500
Is Souray's status (claim/clear) made known tomorrow at noon or Monday? I thought I saw something about no claims on Sunday.

Old
02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I see GMSH's "bullets" as: Huselius, Moreau, Murray, Voracek, Hejda, Klesla, Mayorov, and then Filatov. Voracek would be the only one I would hate to lose of that bunch, but you've got to give to get.
With us 8-3-3 in last 14 or whatever, we need to make sure we are improving if we deal a core guy like Voracek. They are playing well. Need to make sure it's an upgrade and not just a trade for the sake of proving that Howson isn't sitting on his hands.

Old
02-19-2011, 09:35 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Toss Clark on that list as well.

Old
02-19-2011, 09:37 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjpointman View Post
With us 8-3-3 in last 14 or whatever, we need to make sure we are improving if we deal a core guy like Voracek. They are playing well. Need to make sure it's an upgrade and not just a trade for the sake of proving that Howson isn't sitting on his hands.
Especially with Brassard out, right now. Going into a stretch drive with 2/3 of a new top line doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Old
02-19-2011, 09:53 PM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Especially with Brassard out, right now. Going into a stretch drive with 2/3 of a new top line doesn't sound like a very good idea.
Yet that will be portrayed by some as proof of Howsons fear of making a big boy trade.

I'd love to see a small piece to help us for a playoff push, but right now a blockbuster is not what this team needs. (unless it's crazy good value)

Old
02-19-2011, 10:27 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
I'd love to see a small piece to help us for a playoff push, but right now a blockbuster is not what this team needs. (unless it's crazy good value)
Spot on.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:42 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Mayorov can't be a bullet because he has no value what so ever.
Not sure about that last night he scored his 17th of the season

Old
02-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Is Souray's status (claim/clear) made known tomorrow at noon or Monday? I thought I saw something about no claims on Sunday.
Monday according to the main board.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:54 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
Really? Thanks. I hadn't heard that. Love Maks.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:39 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Mayorov can't be a bullet because he has no value what so ever.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:58 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Howson needs to avoid trading young guys like Voracek, Brassard, ect. Filatov is in play imo but we need to try and keep him also. That doesnt exactly leave us with many options to bring in an asset. We have some good prospects that should be considered trade bait like a Goloubef along with others...not Moore or Savard. Dont really want to trade the 1st because we'll most likely be in 10-20 range and their are some good players in their that I'd love to have.
Why do we need to keep Filatov?

Old
02-19-2011, 11:59 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Yet that will be portrayed by some as proof of Howsons fear of making a big boy trade.

I want us to trade every player who won't be on the team next year.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:04 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I want to keep Nik because I won't judge his performance based upon a team that was struggling when he was brought up.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Because he has potential? We dont NEED to keep him but when he eventually figures it out, he'll be a good hockey player. Someone that can score goals and provide a spark. I'm all for trading him for a good return though.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:22 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Because he has potential? We dont NEED to keep him but when he eventually figures it out, he'll be a good hockey player. Someone that can score goals and provide a spark. I'm all for trading him for a good return though.
Fair enough. I am guessing I would trade him for a lot less than you would.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:36 AM
CBJCougar

Whenever it comes to Filatov, I think of Opening Night. He stood out because of his stick handling but was out of place with a team that was struggling to develop their north/south game.

If we trade him, we have **** for brains.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:52 AM
cbjpointman
It begins here

Quote:
I want us to trade every player who won't be on the team next year.
That makes us sellers. Puts Hejda, Murray, Garon, Strahlman on the block. This team has played well enough in the past 15 games to deserve a better fate. They are learning to win. I don't see how you can create a winning culture by blowing up team now. Is it too little/too late, maybe... but the guys in the room deserve more from Howson.

Old
02-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
That makes us sellers. Puts Hejda, Murray, Garon, Strahlman on the block. This team has played well enough in the past 15 games to deserve a better fate. They are learning to win. I don't see how you can create a winning culture by blowing up team now. Is it too little/too late, maybe... but the guys in the room deserve more from Howson.
Agreed 100%. We are finally seeing a winning culture being produced and we should just go with it. We have to losing these middle of the week home games though everytime we go on a streak...kills us.

Old
02-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Rimers stache

If we trade Juice for a defenseman, do we call Filatov up?

Old
02-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Roadman
Moving On

What does anyone think about Denis Wideman?

He would fit the parameters of what GMSH is said to be looking for.

Offensive skills, can run the Point, 27 yr old roster player not a project, but not over the hill. He is 4 mil signed for next year, so the kids in Springfield can develop another year.

Any thoughts? What might it cost?

Old
02-20-2011, 06:57 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Because he has an awesome hockey sense better than any of our players or prospects including Nash, Voráček, Brassard or Johansen. He is a good scorer and very good in the defense (Arniels words for Russian journalist). And he does not have character like some unnamed Russian. IMO when still Nash stand up for him it something means.
I know many of us would trade him but I never trade player for one bad season. IMo his season will very help him in psyche. He will work more. He is still young and I will not make a bust from him after this season it has not any logic. Why does Nashville have successes? Because he develops your players and does not disclaim them after one not good season. And what some of us? Trade young player with awesome potential after one not good season for practically whatever. Take teoretically we will play in PO. What do you think where would be out the end? Maximum the first, the second round. And if you want the trades like Atlanta (Žitnik - Coburn) please but than do not repine at Howson.
And for remembering: Brassard and Methot last season, Brassard still the start of this season. Go back and read your comments on them.

Last edited by mt-svk: 02-20-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old
02-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
What does anyone think about Denis Wideman?

He would fit the parameters of what GMSH is said to be looking for.

Offensive skills, can run the Point, 27 yr old roster player not a project, but not over the hill. He is 4 mil signed for next year, so the kids in Springfield can develop another year.

Any thoughts? What might it cost?
This is the guy I think Howson should target.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
This is the guy I think Howson should target.

Would you offer our 1st round Pick? +? ++?

Old
02-20-2011, 10:23 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Because he has an awesome hockey sense better than any of our players or prospects including Nash, Voráček, Brassard or Johansen. He is a good scorer and very good in the defense (Arniels words for Russian journalist). And he does not have character like some unnamed Russian. IMO when still Nash stand up for him it something means.
I know many of us would trade him but I never trade player for one bad season. IMo his season will very help him in psyche. He will work more. He is still young and I will not make a bust from him after this season it has not any logic. Why does Nashville have successes? Because he develops your players and does not disclaim them after one not good season. And what some of us? Trade young player with awesome potential after one not good season for practically whatever. Take teoretically we will play in PO. What do you think where would be out the end? Maximum the first, the second round. And if you want the trades like Atlanta (Žitnik - Coburn) please but than do not repine at Howson.
And for remembering: Brassard and Methot last season, Brassard still the start of this season. Go back and read your comments on them.
I have said this before. I don't think we can win a series in the playoffs. Also, I would trade Brassard and Methot in a good deal. I would trade any player in a good deal. I am biased, because I never liked us drafting Filatov. I don't think he fits on this team. I never have. That doesn't mean he can't be good for us, but I would rather trade him for someone who is a better fit.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:33 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
I am not trying to be a jerk, but I don't know what you are trying to say.
The part you highlighted is reminding the board that making desperate trades leads to the Thrashers deal with the Flyers, Braydon Coburn for Zhitnick. Coburn is a terrific defenseman today and Zhitnick is long gone. In the recent past, a number of us would have traded Brassard for a Zhitnick type return, like Gonchar or Souray. She believes a Filatov trade at his current low value would have a similar result.

Closed Thread