HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Day Grades?

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2004, 07:30 PM
guitaraholic*

vCash: 500
Draft Day Grades?

Anyone see any big winners or losers? My thoughts:

Chicago - a variety of prospects including the best prospect at his position in Barker. Getting Sindel at 54th overall might be a nice steal. Two potential power forwards in Berti and Bickell. They get an elite level prospect and solid potential after that. Grade: A

St.Louis - Things probably could not have gone any better for the Blues. They were gifted a potential franchise goalie and then managed to grab two very solid prospects which fit their needs perfectly. Hockey Forecaster pretty much says it all: "The acquisition of Alexandrov completes an almost perfect first day of the 2004 draft for the Blues organization. The diminutive Kazak forward has an abundance of talent and work ethic. In fact, he may not need a lot of development time in the minor leagues. Kudos to St. Louis GM Larry Pleau and his scouts on a job well done. "
Grade: A

Washington - Hitting a triple is great but compared to hitting a home run, it's not that great. Washington of course got the best player in the draft and really added some nice defensive prospects but the selection of Bourque at 33 was terrible, IMveryhumbleO. He would have been around a lot later and at 33 overall was a terrible selection. Still Green and Lepisto were nice picks.
Grade: B

Old
06-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
Anyone see any big winners or losers? My thoughts:

Chicago - a variety of prospects including the best prospect at his position in Barker. Getting Sindel at 54th overall might be a nice steal. Two potential power forwards in Berti and Bickell. They get an elite level prospect and solid potential after that. Grade: A

St.Louis - Things probably could not have gone any better for the Blues. They were gifted a potential franchise goalie and then managed to grab two very solid prospects which fit their needs perfectly. Hockey Forecaster pretty much says it all: "The acquisition of Alexandrov completes an almost perfect first day of the 2004 draft for the Blues organization. The diminutive Kazak forward has an abundance of talent and work ethic. In fact, he may not need a lot of development time in the minor leagues. Kudos to St. Louis GM Larry Pleau and his scouts on a job well done. "
Grade: A

Washington - Hitting a triple is great but compared to hitting a home run, it's not that great. Washington of course got the best player in the draft and really added some nice defensive prospects but the selection of Bourque at 33 was terrible, IMveryhumbleO. He would have been around a lot later and at 33 overall was a terrible selection. Still Green and Lepisto were nice picks.
Hey G.

This is the 1st I have been able to get on this board all Day. Boy was it tied up earlier.

Well I hav been fairly stunned by what has occured. I am not happy about taking a net minder w/ the 1st pick, however, you can't walk away from Schwatz. He was the best available player, IMO after the 12th pick. I had him pegged at going to LA, but Turk was way to good for LA to pass up. I was stunned that Edmonton would take Durbek in place of Schwatz. Size plays a part, but Schwatz was the concensus number 1/2 goalie in the draft.

(Kinda floored that NYR didn't take Turk but spent the pick on Montoya.) Oh Well. Also stunned by Wheeler being taken at 5.... Lisin, Voloshenko all falling out of the 1st round (late 1st round projections, but...) Lepisto dropped and so did Shremp (wow, if that doesn't send a message to 17 year olds everywhere - act like a jerk and drop on draft day).

I love Alexandrov. I have seen him (in fan mock drafts) being taken in the 1st round. What a great pick in the 3rd round, which if you keep in mind that last season's 3rd round added such prospects as Barulin and Zak.

Final Note: O'Neil hasn't been taken yet. I hope we can get him w/ a 4th rounder, that would really make this week.

Also, WTF w/ Montreal ... LA made out like bandits, they got Garon, for what would amount to Huet. (3rd rounders changed hands) I know Montreal plays in the same conference as Ottawa, but ... Ottawa would have been better off trading Bonk directly for Garon (shoot they need a net minder, and wind up w/ a 3rd rounder instead and Huet.)

Old
06-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Mothra
The Groovy Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
I'm curious.....how much of Bourque has you seen?

Closed Thread