HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Just for Laughs.

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
how does calgary come out ahead by a wide margin on that trade?

I would not make that trade as a flames fan.
Bouwmeester does not perform like a $6.6 million d-man, Bourque is hurt all the time, Tedenby is a better prospect than Backlund, and Parise has the potential to be one of, if not the best LW in the league. This "deal" revolves around the Devils taking a substandard return for Parise in exchange for getting rid of Rolston and Salvador's contracts. Bad trade

Old
01-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Ok I think we all had a good laugh. There is no room for intelligent discussion from those "thoughts."

01-26-2011, 03:06 AM
Selke

Two Monster [Insert Chuckle] Deals

Now,

Let me say I don't really hate to be that guy posting this...I'm going to choose to call it garbage, but it is necessary this time. So, I was strollin' around looking for hockey news, okay really, I was looking for something to pass the time and one of my sick closet hobbies is looking at what crap Eklund has spewed out onto his website. While I do respect him as a writer, he's very good at what he does, his write-ups of deals are usually nothing short of awful and always leave me wondering who believes this garbage? (Since I obviously cannot ask why reads it, because I am one)

Though I've vowed to never spend money on this rumor mongler's (not an insult because I made the word up, it can mean anything) dreadful trade chart or whatever else he offers for those smart enough to see he offers such fantastic value. :5arca5m:

Anyway, this doesn't need a whole introduction to this thread itself. You know what goes on here...you know what I'm about to post a link to...So what say you?

Lets see this trainwreck.

Now, the title is listed as "Not One But Two Rumoured Deals That Could Change Everything...Grain of Salt."

Hm, lets diagnose this...two RUMOURED deals that could change EVERYTHING...but take 'em with (that old cliche' that means you shouldn't believe a damned thing I'm about say) a grain of salt. Eklund, I could take forty shots of tequila and beat down a bottle of Jack and it still wouldn't help you in this case.

Mr. Eklund prospes THAT these two deals COULD take place:
Quote:
To New Jersey: Jay Bouwmeester, Rene Bourque, Mikael Backlund, and a first and third round round pick.
To Calgary: Zach Parise, Brian Rolston, Bryce Salvador, Mattias Tedenby and Vladamir Zharkov
I wish I was kidding, folks. When does a deal this huge EVER happened? Never. That's when and don't post your links, I don't care. Nobody sat in a room and told this guy each and EVERY ONE of these players were INVOLVED IN THE SAME DEAL.

Seriously and I'm not even going to try to tell you that's equal value. All I'm going to say is that it looks incredibly good and bad for both teams.

First things first, Brian Rolston's contract isn't movable. Not even with Zach Parise attached to it. No, not at all. Move on, Eklund. Secondly...WHAT!? All of those players (excluding Backlund) are signed to extremely LONG-TERM deals. Yes...I know what you're thinking... Dear Lord, when will the madness end? The Packers are in the Super Bowl and now THIS!?

Well, it's not over, sportsfan.

He also spewed out this atrocity:

Quote:
To Dallas: Nazem Kadri, Clarke MacArthur, and Kris Versteeg plus a conditional pick.
To Toronto: Brad Richards, Jamie Benn, and Ondrej Roman.
The only way this deal was discussed is if Brian Burke drugged Joe Nieuwendyk and interrogated him for sixteen hours, burned him with cigarettes, poured lemonade on his head, pulled off his pants and placed them on top of Mr. Nieuwendyk while assuring Eklund that this deal will be considered.

Seriously, when will this guy's reign of terror on stupid hockey fans cease? He's the terrorist of the hockey blogging business that has brought a certain level of credibility that no other can stack up to.

HOW CAN I COMPETE WHEN YOU'RE GETTING EXPERT INFORMATION LIKE THIS!?!?!? HOW!?!?!?

No, but seriously. Discuss this topic. Please, don't be cruel. Eklund is a great writer and he's very good at getting people interested in this story, unfortunately...I am not good at being funny so I'm sorry if you actually read this.

(this isn't my voice)
I've gone mad!

I refuse to bold the Leafs as they would be trading away, essentially their team, whatever that might be worth for Brad Richards who would then become the actual name of the team.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Old hat, chap.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=868503
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=868615

Old
01-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Selke

Sad face.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Schennanigans

I doubt that deal would happen, but I don't get your comments about it. I wouldn't do that deal from a leafs perspective if it were on the table. I actually think it's awful.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:18 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I doubt that deal would happen, but I don't get your comments about it. I wouldn't do that deal from a leafs perspective if it were on the table. I actually think it's awful.

Richards > MacArthur

Benn > Kadri

Versteeg > that russian guy.

The pick doesn't make up the slack for me.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Yes you would.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Selke

Quote:
You sir, are a mad man then. There are no words that are within use for me to describe how much you're overvaluing Kadri, MacArthur and Versteeg. Benn and Richards are without a doubt, better players and will always be better players than both Kadri and MacArthur and you're trying to tell me that Kris Versteeg evens it out? Pfft...yeah, have fun in disillusion city. Call me when you get to Reality Blvd. Oh Lord, I'm being very corny and lame, I'll stop.

Well, lets just say you are a silly, silly man if you think Dallas gets the better end of that deal.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
u high? Toronto takes that deal and runs far, far away to an island where violation of "No takebacks" is punishable by death.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:28 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Dallas & Jersey get hosed

Old
01-26-2011, 03:31 AM
Schennanigans

First of all Richards is a pending UFA so his value is really under-valued. MacArthur is on a good contract and has a lot of chemistry with Grabo and Kuli so were not breaking up that line. Benn is good I like him, but I value Kadri a little more.

I could see some Leaf fans go for that deal, but to me there are certain aspects of it I wouldn't like. If Richards is already signed I think you probably have the Leafs attention in that proposal.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:33 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

I started the original thread with these two bogus rumours a couple of days ago and it got locked fairly quickly.

Anyways, i believe a reputable source completely shot down the Dallas deal, i just can't remember who it was.

Both deals are just awful.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:35 AM
TheFinalWord

The Dallas deal isn't as good as some are making it out to be unless Richards is signed before the trade.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:36 AM
JT8888

Quote:
First of all Richards is a pending UFA so his value is really under-valued. MacArthur is on a good contract and has a lot of chemistry with Grabo and Kuli so were not breaking up that line. Benn is good I like him, but I value Kadri a little more.

I could see some Leaf fans go for that deal, but to me there are certain aspects of it I wouldn't like. If Richards is already signed I think you probably have the Leafs attention in that proposal.

Old
01-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
Yeah. Benn is just ... good? Overvaluing Kadri much?

Old
01-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Schennanigans

Pretty funny how your all just poking fun at myself in this thread. Eklund is lolz. Glad I have made this thread relevant.

No doubt Benn would be great to have, wont say much else.

Old
01-26-2011, 04:05 AM
JT8888

Quote:
Pretty funny how your all just poking fun at myself in this thread. Eklund is lolz. Glad I have made this thread relevant.

No doubt Benn would be great to have, wont say much else.
sorry for poking fun, just think you should watch benn more. i hate dallas as a kings fan but benn is the man and if you got him for kadri you would be happy. he would be an instant fan favorite.

Old
01-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Are you serious?! That Leafs package is not much more than what you'd have to expect to pay for just Richards (whom the Leafs would obviously expect to re-sign if they made such a deal).

Old
01-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Moobles

Eklund's been playing a lot of NHL 10 recently I see.

Old
01-26-2011, 05:37 AM
petr86

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebank_miceelf View Post

Old
01-26-2011, 05:53 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrcz View Post
Russian...Czech... *shrug*

I got called American in South Africa a couple hundred thousand times. You get over these things.

Old
01-26-2011, 06:07 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

I know people like to hate on Eklund, but doesn't the guy really just post rumors? I mean how many times has he actually said a deal is going down for certain?

Old
01-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Bill_Crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebank_miceelf View Post

Richards > MacArthur

Benn > Kadri

The pick doesn't make up the slack for me.
Why do people think they can quantify value like this?

Old
01-26-2011, 07:40 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selke View Post
First things first, Brian Rolston's contract isn't movable. Not even with Zach Parise attached to it. No, not at all. Move on, Eklund. Secondly...WHAT!? All of those players (excluding Backlund) are signed to extremely LONG-TERM deals. Yes...I know what you're thinking... Dear Lord, when will the madness end? The Packers are in the Super Bowl and now THIS!?

If you honestly think that Rolston is immovable with ZACH PARISE attached, you, my sir, are a moron.

Its a horrible, terrible trade.. from a Devils POV.

Calgary signs on the dotted line and runs away laughing.

Closed Thread