HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Boston

Old
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Sorry, you can say whatever you want, but Bourque isn't a need for us.

You have no idea about our cap situation for next year, isn't? We already have 17 players signed and $10M in cap space, cap salary will be raising by $2-3M, it means $12-13M for 4 forwards and one dman. Marchand ($1.3-1.4M), Caron ($1.1M) will replace Recchi, Semin ($7M) replacing Wheeler, Sauve ($0.85M) and Stuart ($1.7-1.9M).
Sure you guys could take a chance to try and sign Semin, but lots of teams will be lining up trying to sign him if he even hits FA and will be throwing big money at him. Bourque would cost you "at least" half of what it take to sign Semin and would full some of the same needs that Semin would. Bourque would also provide enough cap flexibility to target a PMD in the summer if the B's desired.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
To Boston:

Robyn Regehr
Rene Bourque

To Calgary:

David Krejci
Blake Wheeler
Joe Colborne
Jesus, do we get dinner first?

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:17 AM
JT 91 NYI*

What a homer trade. Must have come straight from a Calgary fan

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 04:19 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Jesus, do we get dinner first?
Surprised he didn't put Seguin and Toronto's 1st in the deal as well

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Oates2Neely

A simple 'no' is all I will contribute.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
AnAfricanMidget

Boston needs to take out colbourne to make it fair.

Even then, Im not sure they would want Bourque from us as he has ~5 yrs left on his contract, and his looking to top out as a 20-25 goal scorer.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Last year he had 27 goals, playing mostly with Langkow who had a poor season by his standards. Is it really that hard to conceive that Bourque could get 30+ goals playing with Savard or Bergeron? He has never played with a centre of that caliber in his entire career. As I said, he was our best forward for the first month and a half this year playing Jokinen. Bourque also has excellent size and speed and is very good on the PK. He is a very good, diverse all around player, not to mention has excellent shot. He would without a doubt improve your top 6.

And oh yes, he is 29. I forgot, he will probably be retiring next or the following season.

And go ahead and sign Semin to a $7 million contract and try and fit that in under your cap.
OK!

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
To Boston:

Robyn Regehr
Rene Bourque

To Calgary:

David Krejci
Blake Wheeler
Joe Colborne

I think the value here is pretty close. For cap reasons, Ference may need to be added. Calgary for roster limit reasons then would need to send a mid level prospect over to Boston. Perhaps someone like Stephan Meyer?

If Calgary decides to make a playoff push, would Boston consider this?

Thoughts?
cap management is obviously an issue... wheeler/colborne are both expendable assets and bourque/regher would help

the deal breakers are krecji and the cap issues.

i would rank krecji the most valuable asset in the trade for many reasons. he would be worth either bourque or regher by himself.

dont really see the benefit of dealing him and the other 2 younger/cheaper guys for an upgrade that wouldnt be a major upgrade

i mean if we did replace krecji with bourque... its a slight downgrade imho and kills the cap room

then trying to fit regher in when we have no cap room would be brutal. would require more then just the loss of ference and wheeler to do it. we would have to add someone else to the roster... so one more guy has to get downgraded too

regher has to be better then wheeler and ference and someone else... and doesnt work for us

replace wheeler with ryder and maybe it gets considered...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
SaintAnton

Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?

Yes.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?
I would do that

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?
deal.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:17 PM
MVW

Quote:
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?
Why would Calgary do this? I would rather just trade Bourque for Wheeler and Colborne.

After reading most of the posts from Boston's fans, I can understand where they are coming from, and I respect that. But Bourque and Regehr in the same deal would bring back a significant return. Granted Calgary would also be getting significant assets back as well. I think if Calgary threw in Nemisz that this trade would be fair. Another option would be Calgary and Boston swapping 1st round picks in this deal.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:20 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?
That's a brutal trade for Calgary.

No chance.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?
Change the 2nd to Bostons 1st, then maybe Calgary would pull the trigger.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 08:33 PM
SaintAnton

Quote:
Why would Calgary do this? I would rather just trade Bourque for Wheeler and Colborne.

After reading most of the posts from Boston's fans, I can understand where they are coming from, and I respect that. But Bourque and Regehr in the same deal would bring back a significant return. Granted Calgary would also be getting significant assets back as well. I think if Calgary threw in Nemisz that this trade would be fair. Another option would be Calgary and Boston swapping 1st round picks in this deal.
I don't think we send them both in the same deal.

Honestly I probably wouldn't do that deal from a Calgary perspective either unless we wanted to completely tear down but they can't afford to give us much for Bourque; Wheeler + is really stretching it and it becomes a rather lateral move for us unless the + is significant.

Same goes for Regher Boston doesn't need that upgrade (and contract) so bad that they will offer up a 1st round pick for it. Other teams would offer a 1st for Regher but Boston just doesn't have room and doesn't need him as he'd be logging minutes behind Chara

Krejci seems rather out of the question as he'll be important in the playoffs for sure.

I'm not happy about it; and I'd rather keep Regher and Rene as Flames but thats the return I see if we blow up and go to Boston with those 2 players

what makes more sense is

Iginla

for

Wheeler
Ryder
Colbourne
BOS 1st
MIN 2nd (conditional if Boston makes the conference finals)

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

Quote:
Regher
Bourque

----

Ryder
Boychuk
Colborne
Min 2nd

Much more realistic?
Yeah right. Not happening.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:08 PM
8BostonRocker24

I have no idea why people love Rene Bourque so much, he's 29, putting up 15-13-28 in 47 games, averaging 17:13 TOI/G & 3:09 PPTOI/G.

Michael Ryder is 30, putting 14-14-28 in 48 games, averaging 15:01 TOI/G & 2:33 PPTOI/G.

No upgrade if you ask me.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 11:11 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
I have no idea why people love Rene Bourque so much, he's 29, putting up 15-13-28 in 47 games, averaging 17:13 TOI/G & 3:09 PPTOI/G.

Michael Ryder is 30, putting 14-14-28 in 48 games, averaging 15:01 TOI/G & 2:33 PPTOI/G.

Bourque has actually struggled the last month or so, he only has like 3 goals in that time.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:18 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Bourque has actually struggled the last month or so, he only has like 3 goals in that time.
Rene Bourque has scored 25 goals once.
Michael Ryder has scored 25 goals four times.
Rene Bourque has never scored 30 goals.
Michael Ryder has scored 30 goals twice.

People has bashed Ryder for 5 years, yet he's put up better numbers in that span then Bourque.

Old
01-24-2011, 11:30 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:

People has bashed Ryder for 5 years, yet he's put up better numbers in that span then Bourque.
You do know Bourque only played 58 games the season he scored 21, so he most likely would have broke 30. The following year again he didn't play a full season and was on pace for 30. This year he has struggled and will most likely break 25 goals and if he gets back to his old self possibly reach 30.

Last edited by FLAMES666: 01-24-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old
01-24-2011, 11:39 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
You do know Bourque only played 58 games the season he scored 21, so he most likely would have broke 30. The following year again he didn't play a full season and was on pace for 30. This year he has struggled and will most likely break 25 goals and if he gets back to his old self possibly reach 30.
And if my aunt had a pe... well, you know how that goes.

Point is he's never scored 30 goals and scored 25 once and he's 29 years old. People seem to forget that because he got such a late start to his career.

Old
01-25-2011, 01:44 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
And if my aunt had a pe... well, you know how that goes.

Point is he's never scored 30 goals and scored 25 once and he's 29 years old. People seem to forget that because he got such a late start to his career.
Well it's been 5 years since Ryder scored those 30 goals so I will gladly keep Bourque over a player that has really only had one good season in the last 4 years. That just shows inconsistency which the Flames have enough already.

Old
01-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:

its definitely an upgrade... when borque is playing well he is someone you can legitimately discuss as a team canada guy

hes definitely a late bloomer. sort of a latter day mike knuble. he doesnt play as consistient as is needed to become an all star, but on any given game or 10 games he can be your teams top guy

ryder is always a second line helper even at his best

its a big upgrade. stats dont always tell you the story

Old
01-25-2011, 03:27 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:

ryder is able to score small goals... he has the ability to go out on a bad team and get some powerplay time and he will score you his 25 goals a year... and that has some value obviously

if you put him on your first line you will be extremely disappointed. you will feel very disappointed even if hes on your second line. he wont be a fan favorite cause when you watch him all the time you realize you need an upgrade over him to be a great team. hes a guy you can use if you are happy being an average team

he certainly doesnt suck... he certainly is no one youd every want making 4 mill on a team you hope can go to the cup finals.

theres a damn good reason montreal fans put him in every proposal they made... and why boston fans do the same now.

borque isnt remotely close to the same status ryder is. bourque seems to be having struggles on a struggle flame team this year... and hes battled injuries... but there are times 15-20-25 games over the last few years that this guy looks like a super stud

and he hasnt had good linemates to carry him. he doesnt ride iggy's coattails. when borque is on a hot streak, his lineamates ride his coatails. he is a difference maker when hes hot

id give up wheeler and colborne for him and feel comfortable making the exchange.

as for regher... hes way way way way better then most bruin fans think. he is a guy that gets routinally considered for inclusion to the canadien olympic team. we havent had a better dman in boston other then chara since our own bourque was shipped out.

but regher does make quite a lot and our cap is tight... i am unsure what id do to get regher cause our options seem limited.

if savard's future is in question... then his cap room is available. id give up a first rounder for regher. hed be worth at least that from someone if calgary dealt him. not the toronto first though