HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jobing.com Arena

Old
01-21-2011, 07:27 PM
LAMoFoKANGS*

vCash: 500
Jobing.com Arena

So we are going to the game tomorrow in PHX and was just wondering A) is anybody else going? B) If you have gone, how is seeing the Kings in PHX, is there alot of Kings fans? and C) Anyplaces that are cool to eat at nearby?

Thanks

LAMoFoKANGS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMoFoKANGS View Post
So we are going to the game tomorrow in PHX and was just wondering A) is anybody else going? B) If you have gone, how is seeing the Kings in PHX, is there alot of Kings fans? and C) Anyplaces that are cool to eat at nearby?

Thanks
I've been there once, it's a really cool arena. It's hard to explain because it's out by itself but there are restaurants and stuff to do in the same center (you don't have to cross the street if that makes sense). Not sure if the store is still there but there was a McFarlane store in the arena center, they had some really cool stuff. To my surprise the food INSIDE the arena was also good.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:

Thanks
Arizona has a very high transplant population. In Metro Phoenix over 70 percent of the residents there were not born in AZ and a good portion of our residents are from So. Cal and plenty of CA residents make it the games in Glendale. You will see plenty of Kings fans at the game.

I can tell you as a Coyotes season ticket holder that the Kings are one of the more popular draws along with a few others as Detroit, Anaheim, Chicago, Vancouver to name a few.

Also tommorow at the game is $1 night.

$1 Hot Dogs, Beer, Peanuts, Cookies just like what we had vs the Kings the last time they were here in AZ.

Jobing.com Arena is located at Westgate and they're plenty of places to eat and drink at just like LA Live.

We have at Westgate.

YardHouse
SaddleRanch
McFaddens
Hell's Half Acre
Jim Buffetts Margerettavile
Gordon Biersh

and many more.

Check out this site for more info..

Have a good time and should be a fun atmosphere as well.

http://www.westgateaz.com

P.S. Im going to update my avatar and location since I just returned home from CA.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 01-21-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Arizona has a very high transplant population. In Metro Phoenix over 70 percent of the residents there were not born in AZ and a good portion of our residents are from So. Cal and plenty of CA residents make it the games in Glendale. You will see plenty of Kings fans at the game.

I can tell you as a Coyotes season ticket holder that the Kings are one of the more popular draws along with a few others as Detroit, Anaheim, Chicago, Vancouver to name a few.

$1 Hot Dogs, Beer, Peanuts, Cookies just like what we had vs the Kings the last time they were here in AZ.

Jobing.com Arena is located at Westgate and they're plenty of places to eat and drink at just like LA Live.

We have at Westgate.

YardHouse
SaddleRanch
McFaddens
Hell's Half Acre
Gordon Biersh

and many more.

P.S. Im going to update my avatar and location since I just returned home from CA.
Good stuff, I'm actually planning on making a little Phoenix trip next year to see the Kings' play . . . thanks for this info

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:02 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Good stuff, I'm actually planning on making a little Phoenix trip next year to see the Kings' play . . . thanks for this info
If you get the chance, try going in March when spring Training is going on. The Dodgers' home field is Camelback Ranch in Glendale, about a half mile west of Jobing.com Arena and Westgate.

I had a fun time at Cabela's in Glendale also.

Last edited by RonSwanson*: 01-23-2011 at 06:58 PM.
RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
If you get the chance, try going in March when spring Training is going on. The Dodgers' home field is Saddleback Ranch in Glendale, about a half mile west of Jobing.com Arena and Westgate.

Going there during Spring Training is a good idea as well but the place the Dodgers and White Sox play at is Camelback Ranch.

http://camelbackranchbaseball.com/

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Was there over Presidents Day weekend, loved that arena. Actually was the game Neal cheapshotted some dude. McFarlane store probably still there too

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

I went and caught a random game there, not bad. If you want to party afterward I say check out the areas near ASU, lots of cute girls and booze. Phoenix is not the entertaining city but it has plenty to do for a day/weekend.

01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
If you get the chance, try going in March when spring Training is going on. The Dodgers' home field is Saddleback Ranch in Glendale, about a half mile west of Jobing.com Arena and Westgate.

Spring training is always fun. That's the last time I went and we decided to check out the Coyotes as well. The bad part is we got caught in a sand storm on the way back in my almost new Infiniti G37 Coupe with very soft, black paint. Front of my car was completely ruined.

Old
01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Going there during Spring Training is a good idea as well but the place the Dodgers and White Sox play at is Camelback Ranch.

Aarrgh. I knew that. Just confused it with a local ranch here.

Old
01-23-2011, 07:00 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

FYI, if you plan on visiting Glendale, watch out for the cameras along the freeways catching speeders. Very Big Brother-ish, imho.

Old
01-24-2011, 08:53 PM
LAMoFoKANGS*

Quote:
FYI, if you plan on visiting Glendale, watch out for the cameras along the freeways catching speeders. Very Big Brother-ish, imho.
OH CRAP! The guy at alamo rentals upgraded me to brand new Camaro too!

Game was great, lots of Kings fans and the Coyotes fans are actually cool. Great place to watch the game. It was weird seeing signs at every bar that you could not bring your gun in! Got barrys tickets seats $45 for 3rd row blue line right in front of Doughtys blast.

Man I hope i didnt get a ticket.....

Old
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
FYI - They took those down on all the Valley freeways some time ago.

Old
01-24-2011, 09:21 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
OH CRAP! The guy at alamo rentals upgraded me to brand new Camaro too!

Game was great, lots of Kings fans and the Coyotes fans are actually cool. Great place to watch the game. It was weird seeing signs at every bar that you could not bring your gun in! Got barrys tickets seats $45 for 3rd row blue line right in front of Doughtys blast.

Man I hope i didnt get a ticket.....
Some of these rental car companies include a clause where you waive your right to fight tickets in the contract. Most of these cameras are being fought and then removed, just another way to tax the citizens.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:51 AM
LAMoFoKANGS*

Quote:

We have at Westgate.

YardHouse
SaddleRanch
McFaddens
Hell's Half Acre
Gordon Biersh

and many more.

Thanks for all the good info! Dollar beer night was great! And it was good that we got a hotel within walking distance

Old
01-25-2011, 02:58 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:

If you wanna come see a Dodger game I highly recommend going to an "away" game. The Dodgers home stadium is really inflating their prices. An equivalent ticket to the 37 Dollar seat at the Dodgers park is 25 Dollars or less almost everywhere else. Try Peoria Sports Complex, or Tempe Diablo Stadium.

Just about any park you go to (except the Cubs/Dbacks) will feel like a Dodger home game anyway.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote