HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

41st Obsequious Banter Thread - Mez Dispenser

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Oh very cool! I didn't think you were living here, but I wasn't positive.
Yeah it was pretty lucky. I was going to the conference and figured I'd check to see if the Flyers were in town, and sure enough they were! Some of my friends who are going to conf. are going to see the Hawks on the saturday before

Old
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Yeah, there's a couple pairs that are between $70-$80 something, but it's looking like I'm going to need 3 tickets and the ones that I can buy for that cheap say no alcohol so **** that ish. The rest skyrocket to $120+ for 300 level. That is re-*******-diculous.

Old
01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Yeah, there's a couple pairs that are between $70-$80 something, but it's looking like I'm going to need 3 tickets and the ones that I can buy for that cheap say no alcohol so **** that ish. The rest skyrocket to $120+ for 300 level. That is re-*******-diculous.
Shows how Toronto area could support another team

Old
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Hah definitely. That much money down here might not get you front row or anything, but you'd be at least mid-lower level

Old
01-31-2011, 04:35 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
And how badly MLSE is hosing fans.

Old
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Jester

Quote:
Fair enough - if you're comparing it to London (and most of Europe for that matter) Toronto isn't bad. In North America, it's right up there with Vancouver and NYC, depending on what you're pricing.

Kambo, you can find deals on hotels in Toronto but prices for Leafs tickets are beyond ridiculous - which is why Buffalo gets so many people from Southern Ontario.
Europe in my experience wasn't that bad once you got to the Continent... London is simply mind blowing. The underground is out of control.

San Fran is ridiculous as well... would love to live there if I moved to the west coast, but it's so expensive it's amazing.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Start Leighton*

I may have gotten a concussion today. After the incident I was having trouble with my balance, felt nauseous, and obviously a terrible headache. Not what I was looking forward to on my Monday to say the least.

Old
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
I may have gotten a concussion today. After the incident I was having trouble with my balance, felt nauseous, and obviously a terrible headache. Not what I was looking forward to on my Monday to say the least.
Sure sounds like a concussion. Have someone wake you up every couple of hours tonight - that's very important.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Quote:
Sure sounds like a concussion. Have someone wake you up every couple of hours tonight - that's very important.
I agree, CG. I just checked out webmd.com for info. Chris, they recommend you seek medical attention as you have three of the symptoms:

Concussions are fairly common. Some estimates say a mild brain trauma is sustained every 21 seconds in the U.S. But it's important to recognize the signs of a concussion so you can take the proper steps to treat the injury.

There are some common physical, mental, and emotional symptoms a person may display following a concussion. Any of these could be a sign of traumatic brain injury:

* confusion or feeling dazed
* clumsiness
* slurred speech
* nausea or vomiting
* headache
* balance problems or dizziness
* blurred vision
* sensitivity to light
* sensitivity to noise
* sluggishness
* ringing in ears
* behavior or personality changes
* concentration difficulties
* memory loss

From: http://www.webmd.com/brain/concussio...ses-treatments

Old
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
What you do?

Also, any mood swings or weird emotions? A give away for me was I was pissed off but had literally nothing to be angry about.

Sensitivity to light? How's your neck feel?

Edit: Flyskippy already has the symptoms. Even though WebMD is the ****ing devil.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
What you do?

Also, any mood swings or weird emotions? A give away for me was I was pissed off but had literally nothing to be angry about.

Sensitivity to light? How's your neck feel?

Edit: Flyskippy already has the symptoms. Even though WebMD is the ****ing devil.
Playing basketball somebody about six inches taller than me went to set a screen on me not sure what happened cause he was on my blindside but I took a shoulder in the head from what I was told.

No sensitivity to light. Neck is fine and my mood seems to be good I haven't noticed any difference. But my head does feels weird.

But I am going to definitely get this checked out.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Playing basketball somebody about six inches taller than me went to set a screen on me not sure what happened cause he was on my blindside but I took a shoulder in the head from what I was told.

No sensitivity to light. Neck is fine and my mood seems to be good I haven't noticed any difference. But my head does feels weird.

But I am going to definitely get this checked out.
Yeah, see how you feel tomorrow. He may have just knocked you silly. If you're feeling it tomorrow, definitely go to the doctor, cause you may have one.

And best of luck. I've had 3, concussions ****ing suck.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Concussions suck. I've had 4 diagnosed and probably more then that.

My personal favorite:

While eating lunch I hit my funny bone on the chair and you know the whole weird feeling and the one that feels like it was on fire. I had a cast on the hand because I broke my thumb (not sure if that had anything to do with it) but next thing I know I wake up on the floor and don't know what is going on. So in summary I got hit my funny bone passed out and got a concussion. I'm proud of that one.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-31-2011, 08:56 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

On a brighter note, watching Spartacus: Gods of the Arena on Netflix streaming. Apparently this season there is a Lucy Lawless lesbian sex scene.

MASSIVE ****ING WIN.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:02 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post

My personal favorite:

While eating lunch I hit my funny bone on the chair and you know the whole weird feeling and the one that feels like it was on fire. I had a cast on the hand because I broke my thumb (not sure if that had anything to do with it) but next thing I know I wake up on the floor and don't know what is going on. So in summary I got hit my funny bone passed out and got a concussion. I'm proud of that one.
That sounds like a scene in a teen comedy movie, no lie.

Old
01-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:

My personal favorite:

Well that's just some pretty bad luck there.

Old
01-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Something horrible happened tonight. Something I cannot get out of my head. Something I may never get over.

I was walking a dog when I saw another person coming towards me while walking a dog. Such a cute puppy, dark brown fur with white socks on all 4 paws. The dog I walk isn't big on other dogs, especially puppies. I spoke to the guy walking the dog, noting that he was wearing an orange hoodie. I thought maybe he's a flyer fan. I asked him how old the dog was and what was his name. He said 12 weeks old...and his name is...Crosby! OMG this poor puppy! I just looked at him and said oh no. I guess you're a Crosby fan. I'm a Flyer fan.

It gets worse...the guy then tells me he's originally from Kenora and that his brother played hockey with Mike Richards growing up. I looked at him, wondering what could possibly have gone wrong with him. As far as I'm concerned, that puppy's name is Richie. But then again as he walked away, the puppy was crying and whining so maybe he has the right name.
Ya know, I started reading this and got worried that one of the dogs attacked the other. But, this is was just as bad. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you hip checked Mike York?

EDIT: ******* it dbr beat me to it haha

Quote:
When I was in middle school, I think, they had feared I had gotten a concussion (can't remember how). My mom was told this, to wake me up every once in a while during the night. When I woke up the next morning, I didn't remember her doing that and asked her if she did. She said, "No, you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you up".

Old
01-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Terence Peterman

Can't keep my eyes open for the reading I've got.

Edit: Where the **** did January go?

Old
01-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Ya know, I started reading this and got worried that one of the dogs attacked the other. But, this is was just as bad. LOL

When I was in middle school, I think, they had feared I had gotten a concussion (can't remember how). My mom was told this, to wake me up every once in a while during the night. When I woke up the next morning, I didn't remember her doing that and asked her if she did. She said, "No, you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you up".
hahahaha that's awesome. For some reason it reminds me of what I used to do as a kid...I would occasionally end up sleeping on my stomach, with my face pressed down into the pillow. I have no idea how I managed to breathe. Every time my mom came to wake me up in the morning and saw me like that, she thought I was dead, and had a panic moment.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
hahahaha that's awesome. For some reason it reminds me of what I used to do as a kid...I would occasionally end up sleeping on my stomach, with my face pressed down into the pillow. I have no idea how I managed to breathe. Every time my mom came to wake me up in the morning and saw me like that, she thought I was dead, and had a panic moment.
Not sleep related, but my mom left me in a dollar store at the mall once. She took me and all my brothers (at least 3, I can't remember if my little brother was born yet). She got out to the van and had everyone else situated, ready to leave, and then apparently said "Where's Timmy?"

I didn't freak or anything...I was distracted looking at stuff. I got a keychain out of it though.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:23 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I've only knocked myself out. When I was sledding I hit my back of the head on a tree. I remember dreaming about being in the Simpsons. I woke up, had no idea where I was, and was dizzy for the rest of the night. Went to a hockey game that night. Awesome. Not to mention I had a huge bump.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
On a brighter note, watching Spartacus: Gods of the Arena on Netflix streaming. Apparently this season there is a Lucy Lawless lesbian sex scene.

MASSIVE ****ING WIN.
I've seen the first series, Blood and Sand, and I've seen the first episode of this prequel series, and I'd say that overall they're both pretty good, but not great. Overwhelmingly geared towards the male audience in the amount of violence and nudity, which I'm fine with , but I just hope the story doesn't suffer in this prequel series. At least in the first series you actually had Spartacus, his transformation to a gladiator and his historically based revolt storyline. The overwhelming period cursing and poetic speech is still there and I can do with less of it... Jupiter's ****!

It's obvious they're going to focus on the actual house of Batiatus and his luddus this season, which is fine if this is only going to go for one season as even after the first episode you can see they have a lot of the main characters from Blood and Sand already there.

As for the Lucy Lawless scene. It was nice, but you've already seen pretty much everything if you watched Blood and Sand before. Think of it as a scene from Xena that's just R rated.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:02 AM
TheLegendkiller

My friend watches Spartacus. He says its just massive naked chicks. Sounds watchable.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Holy ****. I know no one cares about the NBA but the Cavs have lost 21 straight and 31 of the last 32....

Old
02-01-2011, 12:22 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Holy ****. I know no one cares about the NBA but the Cavs have lost 21 straight and 31 of the last 32....

Yeah I figured that would happen once Lebron left. Ohio has to literally be the worst sports state in the US...bar none. It has got to suck to live in that state.

Closed Thread