HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Leclerc on discontent with RDS

Old
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I love Pierre Houde's commentary. It is precise, poetic and for big matches, he seems to rev up the excitement. I think he really is a great play by play man, and I tend to watch RDS over CBC on Saturday nights.

If the Canadiens are playing on the TSN national station, I tend to listen to the TSN feed for Pierre McGuire. He might be negative about the Canadiens, but I find his commentary enjoyable and fairly relevant. He seems to know little details about what's going on in the league, and gives added facts that are not found elsewhere.
Kinda weird a lot of people bash PM on the main board. I think he's great.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 05:54 PM
ruski17

One thing I noticed about watching CBC and TSN whenever possible for habs games, they try to make some parts epic. That makes the game more enjoyable. For example, everyone probably remembers what Gord Miller said after Eberle's 5.4 game tieing(sp) goal. I'll bet anyone a hundred bucks that all RDS would say is "Et le but!!!!!!!!! Wow, quel but!" That's all! No "epic" line.

RDS also has dumb comentators. Their experts know almost nothing and are hypocrites. The only guy I like to listen to on RDS is Stephane Leroux because he knows what he's talking about and when he doesn't know as much, he says so. Joel Bouchard is okay too, but someone should tie down his arms when he talks!

When I listen to guys like Michel Bergeron who was a coach before I was born and Gaston Therrien who literally makes me angry when I see his face and Bertrand Raymond who think that Marc-Andre Bergeron is much better than James Wisniewski and Dave Morrisette trying to do I don`t even know what he`s trying to be. Let`s not forget Benoit Brunet! This guy looks like he has down syndrome! His comments are dumb: "the habs lost simply because they didn`t score enough goals." No ****! Or his damn bias against russian players (not only him, also all of his RDS co-workers too!) These guys are just like the band-wagon fans who try to explain what's wrong with the habs when they only watched 1 period in 1 game at one time by accident!

I don't know who exactly they could replace these sorry excuses for commentators, but I heard that some radio personalities broadcasting the games would be better.

It kinda pisses me off when people complain about McGuire saying dumb stuff and all because they don't have to live with Brunet ruining the enjoyment of the game.

The mistakes broadcasters make isn't the end of the world because everyone makes them and they are humans and humans make mistake, but their comments are ridiculously dumb! Mike Millbury would make RDS better! So would Ray Ferraro and Craig McTavish!Seriously, they should try and get Pierre Lebrun, he is francophone and he could be their insider.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I always watch RDS. The only times I watch CBC is when I know Bob Cole and Harry Neale are not the analysts for the game, can't stand them.

Pierre Houde is fine, Brunet is the problem!
How many years has it been since Harry Neale did a game on CBC? Maybe 3 years or more?

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
One thing I noticed about watching CBC and TSN whenever possible for habs games, they try to make some parts epic. That makes the game more enjoyable. For example, everyone probably remembers what Gord Miller said after Eberle's 5.4 game tieing(sp) goal. I'll bet anyone a hundred bucks that all RDS would say is "Et le but!!!!!!!!! Wow, quel but!" That's all! No "epic" line.
So you haven't a clue as to what they actually said, yet find some imaginary excuse to bash them anyway? Nice.

Quote:
RDS also has dumb comentators. Their experts know almost nothing and are hypocrites. The only guy I like to listen to on RDS is Stephane Leroux because he knows what he's talking about and when he doesn't know as much, he says so. Joel Bouchard is okay too, but someone should tie down his arms when he talks!

When I listen to guys like Michel Bergeron who was a coach before I was born and Gaston Therrien who literally makes me angry when I see his face and Bertrand Raymond who think that Marc-Andre Bergeron is much better than James Wisniewski and Dave Morrisette trying to do I don`t even know what he`s trying to be. Let`s not forget Benoit Brunet! This guy looks like he has down syndrome! His comments are dumb: "the habs lost simply because they didn`t score enough goals." No ****! Or his damn bias against russian players (not only him, also all of his RDS co-workers too!) These guys are just like the band-wagon fans who try to explain what's wrong with the habs when they only watched 1 period in 1 game at one time by accident!

I don't know who exactly they could replace these sorry excuses for commentators, but I heard that some radio personalities broadcasting the games would be better.

It kinda pisses me off when people complain about McGuire saying dumb stuff and all because they don't have to live with Brunet ruining the enjoyment of the game.

The mistakes broadcasters make isn't the end of the world because everyone makes them and they are humans and humans make mistake, but their comments are ridiculously dumb! Mike Millbury would make RDS better! So would Ray Ferraro and Craig McTavish!Seriously, they should try and get Pierre Lebrun, he is francophone and he could be their insider.
See, I'm sure the RDS crew could be better, but this is the kind of childish, immature criticism they have to deal with everyday. Everybody, and I mean absolutely everybody among the habs fanbase seems to fancy himself an expert. I'd like to see you commenting a game live for an hour.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Gélinas rarely does the english interviews anymore during the games. It's Renaud Lavoie now. Much better english.
Even if he had done it just once is already one time too many.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
They both annoy me. But to their credit I think anyone would after that many years and games.

What pisses me off the most about Houde and Brunet is that I'm always correcting them. They seem completely confused when there is a whistle sometimes (not trying to toot my own horn I'm talking about basic stuff - offsides, hand-passes, high sticks etc).
True. Also sometimes, it takes them a few replays just to understand a simple play.

Another annoying thing about Brunet is the fact that he laughs for no reason. As soon as Pierre goes off-topic, Brunet starts to laugh. Who else beside Brunet would start to laugh after hearing the result of a football game, the name of a hockey player from the 80s or the fact that the Bulldogs are playing on friday nights?

Quote:
Seriously, they should try and get Pierre Lebrun, he is francophone and he could be their insider.
He has a much better job in ESPN than what he would have in RDS. I mean he can cover the whole NHL rather than just focus on the Habs.

Anyway, Renaud Lavoie and Luc Gelinas (even without speaking English skills) have been there forever. The only way they would leave is if they ask to quit.

Also you might not know it, but Lebrun actually has a small segment (maybe 5 minutes) every tuesday on the show Le 4 @ 7 on RIS. It's a very short intervention but at least it's refreshing hearing a real insider.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:15 AM
TeckThaSome

houde used to be better but brunet sounds so irrelevant at times that houde can't do nothing else but get down to his partner's level. dont forget this is live television, so you won't have debates or arguments about this and that between the 2, and also the fact that houde is a COMMENTATOR and that brunet is an ANALYST.. ouch, nah houde's alright, but brunet... i remember people used to say bad things about pednault, but can we all agree here that pednault is 20x better than brunet ???

TeckThaSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeckThaSome View Post
houde used to be better but brunet sounds so irrelevant at times that houde can't do nothing else but get down to his partner's level. dont forget this is live television, so you won't have debates or arguments about this and that between the 2, and also the fact that houde is a COMMENTATOR and that brunet is an ANALYST.. ouch, nah houde's alright, but brunet... i remember people used to say bad things about pednault, but can we all agree here that pednault is 20x better than brunet ???
Pedneault was better but he was annoying in other ways. You're right that Houde has been infected by Brunet. Sometime I wish he was his own man and stop being so influenced by his partners. If the other guy say something wrong, you can call him out on it or just not respond on the affirmative. For example, Brunet whine about Andrei K, Houde doesn't have to say "yea you're right, etc..." because it feels like pilling up on the player.

But i'm not surprised by Martin Leclerc's reaction. He's never had any interesting insights on anything. He has always seemed to be a defender of the status quo and is annoyed when people go out of their way on anything. When he was at La Zone he had always this annoyed look on his face when things would go out of his comfort zone. For example if the host would say "how do you explain the bad game by the Habs?" he would say something like "why is anyone surprised, it's been like that since the beginning of the season". That was the extent of his comments. It's like he doesn't have any original thought and plays defensive the whole time. Maybe he should have been been a news anchor and just say what's written for him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Pedneault was better but he was annoying in other ways. You're right that Houde has been infected by Brunet. Sometime I wish he was his own man and stop being so influenced by his partners. If the other guy say something wrong, you can call him out on it or just not respond on the affirmative. For example, Brunet whine about Andrei K, Houde doesn't have to say "yea you're right, etc..." because it feels like pilling up on the player.

But i'm not surprised by Martin Leclerc's reaction. He's never had any interesting insights on anything. He has always seemed to be a defender of the status quo and is annoyed when people go out of their way on anything. When he was at La Zone he had always this annoyed look on his face when things would go out of his comfort zone. For example if the host would say "how do you explain the bad game by the Habs?" he would say something like "why is anyone surprised, it's been like that since the beginning of the season". That was the extent of his comments. It's like he doesn't have any original thought and plays defensive the whole time. Maybe he should have been been a news anchor and just say what's written for him.
I don't think he can, RDS seem to LOVE the ''yes man'' attitude when they talk about sports, there is almost never any debate. They just state what they think and everybody agree. It's kind of sad that the biggest debates on RDS can be seen when you watch wrestling haha. In hockey, the only ones that like to make any confrontation in L'Antichambre are guys like PJ Stock, Michel Langevin and Francois Gagnon and they all come from other medias....even Mario Tremblay at the start was way more fierce during the argumentations, now he agree way more often this is just what the sation ask from his employees.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
smiler2729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I always watch RDS. The only times I watch CBC is when I know Bob Cole and Harry Neale are not the analysts for the game, can't stand them.

Pierre Houde is fine, Brunet is the problem!
Harry Neale left HNIC over 3 years ago for the Sabres' analyst gig.

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I don't think he can, RDS seem to LOVE the ''yes man'' attitude when they talk about sports, there is almost never any debate. They just state what they think and everybody agree. It's kind of sad that the biggest debates on RDS can be seen when you watch wrestling haha. In hockey, the only ones that like to make any confrontation in L'Antichambre are guys like PJ Stock, Michel Langevin and Francois Gagnon and they all come from other medias....even Mario Tremblay at the start was way more fierce during the argumentations, now he agree way more often this is just what the sation ask from his employees.
It's the country club mentality. L'Anti-chambre is pretty much like watching drunk guys at a bar talking about hockey. The problem with Mario is when they put him with Bergie, it's like he stops having opinions gets infected by Bergeron's madness. When Bergie is not there Mario seems more sane.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Joe Cole

Was it Ronald King that started this whole "I'm French, but if the CBC or TSN is broadcasting the game, I will boycott RDS" thing?

I know my french bro in law said that exact same thing, and he loves Ronald King.

P.S. If you think RDS' hockey braodcast sucks, you should watch their boxing broadcasts..... simply silly. They barely even comment on the bout actually being broadcast, they just talk about local boxers, no matter who is in the ring. ANNOYING!!!!!

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 05:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON JELLY View Post
I pay a couple of bucks a month for RDS here in Ontario so I can get every game on TV. The announcers can be as crappy as they want, as long as I get to watch the game, I'm happy.
Who's providing RDS? And where in Ontario?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote