HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#52 - 01.25.2011 | Florida Panthers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2011, 10:28 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
I think there are just some Rangers fans who aren't fans of Lundqvist and can't wait to criticize him once they see he's allowed more than two goals. Anyone who watched the game tonight could see that this loss is not on him. He was a victim of poor luck tonight, 2 goals he allowed were not deflections and that's normally enough to win a game.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I think there are just some Rangers fans who aren't fans of Lundqvist and can't wait to criticize him once they see he's allowed more than two goals. Anyone who watched the game tonight could see that this loss is not on him. He was a victim of poor luck tonight, 2 goals he allowed were not deflections and that's normally enough to win a game.
It's not even worth arguing because no matter how many viable, logical points you may make - they've got that idea firmly planted in their silly minds. No need to feed the negi-trolls.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:32 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Explain. Explain how two pucks deflecting in off of Ranger players, and one bouncing to a wide open Santorelli is Lundqvist's fault. I'd love to hear it.

Notice how negative types like you only appear after the team loses. It's really annoying.
Yea he is definitely getting on my nerves as well.

First the Kovalchuk proclaimations, next the Inginla?x? ideas.

I can't blame Lundqvist for this game, he has been incredible for us all year. He had no chance on two of those goals, and it is what it is.

I was pissed we lost this game, no doubt about it, but once I collected myself I realized we played very well and just got unlucky.

01-25-2011, 10:33 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Seriously. I don't get it...why do people enjoy our players failing? So they don't look bad after previous assessments? I dunno...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
It's not even worth arguing because no matter how many viable, logical points you may make - they've got that idea firmly planted in their silly minds. No need to feed the negi-trolls.
Indeed, I learned this last year when some of the Lundqvist haters started crawling out of the woodwork proclaiming that Chad Johnson will be the starting goalie of the future. Haven't heard about him in awhile since he is stinking it up in the AHL.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:37 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Indeed, I learned this last year when some of the Lundqvist haters started crawling out of the woodwork proclaiming that Chad Johnson will be the starting goalie of the future. Haven't heard about him in awhile since he is stinking it up in the AHL.
Remember when Valiquette was a better goalie than Lundqvist? Good times, gooooooood times.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
It was Al Montoya before that, through the 05-07 seasons. Don't like to imply, but some people just don't like Europeans.

XLJ

Christensen sucks he is way to inconsistent of a player to be centering Gaborik. I think he is a lock to be a scratch when the team is healthy. Surprising to hear that Prospal is coming back soon after the allstar break. If he can play like he did the first couple of months last year he will be a huge addition. I would use Prospal as Gaborik's center when he gets back into game shape.

When or if everybody is healthy I go with

Dubinsky-Prospal-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Feds/Avery-Anisimov-Callahan
Feds/Avery-Boyle-Prust

I like these lines I think this would be our best team. But I'm not sure Torts would scratch Drury even though he has been awful.

Last edited by XLJ: 01-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I also don't get why everyone keeps harping on the "their only shot went in!"

That is just false. There was a shot right after that go-ahead goal that went Lundqvist saved with no rebound. They had 1-2 shots other than the one that went in.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
They don't have any fans
was gunna say.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Dubinsky Prospal Gaborik
Wolski Stepan Zucc
Feds Anisimov Callahan
Avery Boyle Prust

kinda sucks putting our team leading scorer on the 4th line but its gotta be done tomake room for more skilled players. Boyle has no hockey IQ neither does Avery. theyre run and gun guys that work best on the 4th.

and Drury Christensen can sit. far as im concerned Christensen's fate was sealed as soon as Zuke started playing. Drury can sit or be waived. the moral wouldnt be effected im pretty sure of it.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:51 PM
John Torturella

The mock cheers of Henrik are a little much. Its actually sad in a way. The guy puts everything he's got into the game, every single night. 9 out of 10 nights he is the reason we win games. How bout we support our franchise player who our success depends completely on. Its not quite the same level, but its almost like when Yankees fans boo Mariano Rivera after a bad couple of games. You are so lucky to have such a good player, show some appreciation instead of looking for any reason to boo a great player.

Old
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:

I think the people saying he had a bad game might have been at the game and didn't see the replays that clearly showed the deflections he had no chance on.

Old
01-25-2011, 11:01 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
The mock cheers of Henrik are a little much. Its actually sad in a way. The guy puts everything he's got into the game, every single night. 9 out of 10 nights he is the reason we win games. How bout we support our franchise player who our success depends completely on. Its not quite the same level, but its almost like when Yankees fans boo Mariano Rivera after a bad couple of games. You are so lucky to have such a good player, show some appreciation instead of looking for any reason to boo a great player.
Any negative attention directed towards Hank like that literally makes me sick. It's despicable that people would taunt the guy who's done more for this team than anyone else since the lockout.

RANGERS =
Old
01-26-2011, 05:40 AM
beastly115

Lundqvist should have had some of those goals. Looked like he started his break a day early.

Old
01-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Lundqvist should have had some of those goals. Looked like he started his break a day early.
You forgot the face

Old
01-26-2011, 07:54 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Any negative attention directed towards Hank like that literally makes me sick. It's despicable that people would taunt the guy who's done more for this team than anyone else since the lockout.
It only takes a couple of drunken morons to start spreading those mock cheers to other drunken morons, and all of a sudden you've got a couple hundred guys thinking they're either being big comedians or "exercising their rights as fans and paying customers".

It's not a reflection on the MSG crowd as a whole or on Rags fans. Hank knows this, and I'm sure he couldn't care less about the taunts. They are in bad taste, but you get ****** like that anywhere.

Old
01-26-2011, 08:13 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Fans (and media) criticize players, it happens all the time. Even on HF. Nature of the beast guys. Everyone has a bad game here and there. In NY when you have a bad game, you will be called on it. Look forward to the nice long break they have.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:13 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
29-21-3 at the break. I'll take it.
Even better.. Will ya take 29-20-3 at the break?

Old
01-26-2011, 09:16 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Such bipolar fans....

...seriously. : You guys throw such hissy fits.

Good effort. Bad bounces. Rest and recover.
I think we all need a break...

Old
01-26-2011, 09:24 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

can't wait for Dubinsky & Callahan to return.

Old
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Annoying loss, man.

Old
01-26-2011, 01:29 PM
94now

Quote:
Lundqvist sucked profusely at times last season. Hence the looks elsewhere, and since CJ played better then Hank a few games, that was brought up.
The reason we are where we are is truly because of remarkable Lundqvist play this season. However, the reason NJ is where they are is because of Brodeur piss-poor performance this season. Both are great goaltenders, BTW.
The point I am trying to make here is that I am NYR fan, not Lundqvist or whoever. Stop 9 out of 10 shots or sit no matter how much guts you're spilling in the process. In fact great goalies like HE IS should have done it with ease. We simply got Hank of last year last night. Deflections or not, Anysimov's back or whatever SV% under .800 is no good, period. We lost the game because of HIM. You want to excuse Lundqvist for that failure because of his play this season? I am fine with this, sure. But don't tell me it was bad luck 4 times.

Old
01-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Lundqvist sucked profusely at times last season. Hence the looks elsewhere, and since CJ played better then Hank a few games, that was brought up.
The reason we are where we are is truly because of remarkable Lundqvist play this season. However, the reason NJ is where they are is because of Brodeur piss-poor performance this season. Both are great goaltenders, BTW.
The point I am trying to make here is that I am NYR fan, not Lundqvist or whoever. Stop 9 out of 10 shots or sit no matter how much guts you're spilling in the process. In fact great goalies like HE IS should have done it with ease. We simply got Hank of last year last night. Deflections or not, Anysimov's back or whatever SV% under .800 is no good, period. We lost the game because of HIM. You want to excuse Lundqvist for that failure because of his play this season? I am fine with this, sure. But don't tell me it was bad luck 4 times.
No one said it was bad luck 4 times but it was bad luck on at least 2 and arguably 3 of them. There's no doubt in my mind if lundqvist is giving up 2 goals a game we should be winning. Last night was bad luck. Its bound to happen in a season this long. Honestly there was no one to single out and blame for this game. the rangers outplayed florida nearly the entire 60 minutes. Its a tough loss to swallow but a lot easier than being completely outmatched for 60 minutes. Anisimov was trying to make defensive plays on both those and they happened to bounce off of him. You cant blame him, you cant blame lundqvist. Good effort by the boys but sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.

Just look at the caps game. Rangers got a lucky goal that bounced off gaboriks ass. Stuff like that happens. Sometimes its lucky for us sometimes its not.

Old
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
No one said it was bad luck 4 times but it was bad luck on at least 2 and arguably 3 of them. There's no doubt in my mind if lundqvist is giving up 2 goals a game we should be winning. Last night was bad luck. Its bound to happen in a season this long. Honestly there was no one to single out and blame for this game. the rangers outplayed florida nearly the entire 60 minutes. Its a tough loss to swallow but a lot easier than being completely outmatched for 60 minutes. Anisimov was trying to make defensive plays on both those and they happened to bounce off of him. You cant blame him, you cant blame lundqvist. Good effort by the boys but sometimes the bounces just don't go your way.

Just look at the caps game. Rangers got a lucky goal that bounced off gaboriks ass. Stuff like that happens. Sometimes its lucky for us sometimes its not.
I agree with most. There is difference, however, between regular 30 or so shots G faces on average and 17 Florida produced. There is also difference between one fluke goal and 4. There is a huge difference between Holtby and Lundqvist as well.

Closed Thread