HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs to make a push for Iginla?

Old
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I would love Iginla. Despite what others think, I don´t think it would cost much. A prospect or two and pick. I would trade Andrei for him, or Weber and change.
On the trade board people are saying Subban, pacioretty, Eller and a 1st. Pretty hilarious.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:51 PM
sevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
its not happening.

How do you suppose we pay for him? He is a 7 mil Cap hit
combined w/Gionta, Gomez, Cammo, Pleks=30.3 mil cap hit for 5 players!!

and he has 2 years remaining.

Not happening.
um Spezza, Alfie, Kovy and Gonchar are what 26 million for 4. so 30 for 5 is reasonable. (this isn't saying I want it to happen but there are teams in similar spots)

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
There arent many Iginla's on the market either ? When was the last time you saw someone who is the TOTAL package like Iginla being traded ?
And Subban is the total package on D, 10 years younger, and about 7 million dollars cheaper, what's your point.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
um Spezza, Alfie, Kovy and Gonchar are what 26 million for 4. so 30 for 5 is reasonable. (this isn't saying I want it to happen but there are teams in similar spots)
Where is ottawa in the standings?

Old
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
The starting point of any deal to Calgary would be a young top 6 C, so Eller or Leblanc. I would choose to move Eller because we sort of have a log-jam at C right now and when Gomez is ready to go is about the time Leblanc will step in. After that a first is mandatory for a young team and some young(ish) talent like Weber and Akost.

So either Eller + 1st + Weber + AKost for Iggy

Or to include a cap dump
Eller + 1st + Spacek + AKost for Iggy and Pardy/Staios

I'm not really up to date on Pardy but he is on a cheep deal and Staios is pretty gritty and has an expiring contract.
No way re ELLER. That kid has big second line center with vision and compete written all over him.

Gomez is a salary dump, gimme a break.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
On the trade board people are saying Subban, pacioretty, Eller and a 1st. Pretty hilarious.
Subban alone is too much for Iginla.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Jean Beliveau fan

Send a message via MSN to Jean Beliveau fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I would love Iginla. Despite what others think, I don´t think it would cost much. A prospect or two and pick. I would trade Andrei for him, or Weber and change.
If that's the price... hell yea!

Jean Beliveau fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Subban alone is too much for Iginla.
Half half. In our situation on D, yes it is. I love Subban, but Iginla really is a stud and is not a rental. I'd certainly listen to the offer if I were a GM, would I do it? I don't know, but it's closer than people make it sound!

Old
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
JayBee*

I'm just happy we now have a GM that actually picks up the phone between October and May.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Half half. In our situation on D, yes it is. I love Subban, but Iginla really is a stud and is not a rental. I'd certainly listen to the offer if I were a GM, would I do it? I don't know, but it's closer than people make it sound!
Next year Subban is going to be even stronger. *cue Ribeiro pic* Iginla will not be worth him anymore.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Next year Subban is going to be even stronger. *cue Ribeiro pic* Iginla will not be worth him anymore.
Iginla is a special player. It's unseen if Subban will EVER be as good as iginla is, in their respective positions of course. I'm not putting down Subban as I think he will be a stud for us but merely suggesting Iginla is proven and still an elite player.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Gary320

Knowing you'd have to trade so many prospects to get him, I wouldn't do it.

Now if it was AK + PICK + PROSPECT then yeah.. I'd do it.

Either way, the Flames won't deal him.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Iginla is a special player. It's unseen if Subban will EVER be as good as iginla is, in their respective positions of course. I'm not putting down Subban as I think he will be a stud for us but merely suggesting Iginla is proven and still an elite player.
I'm just saying, if Subby progresses like he is supposed to, and trains like he does every offseason, then it's scary to think about the kind of season he can put up next year. And we desperately need him on defense, he will be better than Markov during his prime and I'll take a bet that he will be less injured (not an intentional shot at Markov but it's true, Subban will never get hit in that manner). Basically, what Subban provides for our team is the ability to chose not to re-sign Markov and add a player like Iginla, not trade him for it.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I'm just saying, if Subby progresses like he is supposed to, and trains like he does every offseason, then it's scary to think about the kind of season he can put up next year. And we desperately need him on defense, he will be better than Markov during his prime and I'll take a bet that he will be less injured (not an intentional shot at Markov but it's true, Subban will never get hit in that manner). Basically, what Subban provides for our team is the ability to chose not to re-sign Markov and add a player like Iginla, not trade him for it.
Oh I agree, if he keeps working, we have a special player on our hands. At same time, I'd still keep markov regardless. Elite D-core right there.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
GoodKiwi

If Kostitsyn goes the other way along with some other pieces and our 1st then I'm all for it.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
PunkinDrublic*

I can't believe how uch you guys are down playing a Jarome Iginla ! He is top 5 in my books ! You don't just get a 33 year old Iginla for peanuts and cracker jacks.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Oh I agree, if he keeps working, we have a special player on our hands. At same time, I'd still keep markov regardless. Elite D-core right there.
Yeah, I was just suggesting if we dicide to get Iginla, Markov would probably not be re-signed

Otherwise, having an elite D (one of the best in the east?) sounds good

Old
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Yeah, I was just suggesting if we dicide to get Iginla, Markov would probably not be re-signed

Otherwise, having an elite D (one of the best in the east?) sounds good
Were you not paying attention or what...there is NO way anyone has a better D in the east than Toronto....i am sure i heard this on TSN hahaha idiots

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Were you not paying attention or what...there is NO way anyone has a better D in the east than Toronto....i am sure i heard this on TSN hahaha idiots
for two years straight

Old
01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Iginla is turning 34 this summer. How many more years of hockey does he have? His speed has dropped considerably already.

Even if Subban does not improve from his rookie season (which is ridiculous to assume), he's a 40 point d-man who is very good in his own end... and he's many years away from being an RFA let alone UFA.

To put things in perspective, Markov as a rookie was pacing 30 points. So, in reality, PK getting 50 or 60 in less than 5 years is extremely likely... he should be a top 10 D man in the league in a few years time (maybe as early as next year), imo

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Strickland is a solid source, hes legit, and if he says that I believe it.

I would prefer Iginla or Regher only if we can make a solid deal that wouldn't mortgage our future. IMO we aren't ready for a cup with or without Iggy.

Also the Habs are apparently interested in Arnott according to NY Post so we can't get both. Something is fishy here.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post

I would prefer Iginla or Regher only if we can make a solid deal that wouldn't mortgage our future. IMO we aren't ready for a cup with or without Iggy.

Also the Habs are apparently interested in Arnott according to NY Post so we can't get both. Something is fishy here.
NY Post (Larry Brooks) - completely unreliable.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:

Strickland has a good track record with rumors involving the St.Louis Blues. Other teams, not so much..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
BigHab*

I think a reasonable offer might be Jacques Martin straight up for Iggy! If that doesn't work, we reoffer martin packaged with Pyatt and "he's big he's bald, he's Alex Auld" and a 5th rounder for Iggy, Sutter and a 1st rounder. And if that doesn't satisfy them Gauthier picks up the phone and says, "go to hell!"

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:

PG is testing the waters, it's normal that it sounds fishy.