HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wanted: 95-96 Burger King Jersey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
  #26
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Then why is it in your avatar (well, a modified version anyway)?
Cause I was sick of Kitsyn and my avatar is awesome. But having a ****ing home plate on a hockey jersey sucks. And losing purple.....cmon dawg.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:35 PM
  #27
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Imagine how epic it would be if they came out in the Burger King jersey for one game...or even just for warmups...I wonder what it would take to make that happen

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:55 PM
  #28
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Cause I was sick of Kitsyn and my avatar is awesome. But having a ****ing home plate on a hockey jersey sucks. And losing purple.....cmon dawg.
I'm sure that you meant to type "Forum blue" instead of purple ...

(but I do agree)

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
  #29
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?
 
FanSince2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Imagine how epic it would be if they came out in the Burger King jersey for one game...or even just for warmups...I wonder what it would take to make that happen
While it wasn't the players, fans of the BK jersey have had two "BK jersey appreciation days" where a bunch of fans donned the jerseys and got together to show 'em off.

One last season and one the season before last.

FanSince2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:43 AM
  #30
MollerManor
Registered User
 
MollerManor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
To stay on topic and while this thread is on the front page for whatever limited time it has left, I am looking to buy any bk jerseys to complete the original 95 roster. About to make the best/worst choice of my life and get one of my bk's lettered BERG.


Help me complete this curse of a dream.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 01:18 AM
  #31
The Third Vopat
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Just saw one on e-bay starting at $250. Looks like a blank replica. Wonder what it'll get to.

The Third Vopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 02:28 AM
  #32
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 500
Why would anyone want that POS jersey

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
  #33
mr2padstack
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
I saw some people were in the market for a kings 3rd jersey from the 96' era (Burger King Jersey). I have one available if you're interested. It is Like new condition, a gift to a relatvie that never claimed it and it's been in my closet for years. The Jersey is Medium size FYI. If interested still, let me know, thanks. you can email me mikeborgen1 at gmail (DoT) com

mr2padstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:19 PM
  #34
EmperorPenguin
Registered User
 
EmperorPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
When the Stanley Cup came to town here a few years back, of the handful of Kings jerseys I own, I decided to break out the Burger King one to get my pic with the cup. That's all I have to contribute to this conversation.

EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:57 AM
  #35
MollerManor
Registered User
 
MollerManor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2padstack View Post
I saw some people were in the market for a kings 3rd jersey from the 96' era (Burger King Jersey). I have one available if you're interested. It is Like new condition, a gift to a relatvie that never claimed it and it's been in my closet for years. The Jersey is Medium size FYI. If interested still, let me know, thanks. you can email me mikeborgen1 at gmail (DoT) com
emailed.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:15 AM
  #36
cyclones22
Registered User
 
cyclones22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: United States
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I'm sure that you meant to type "Forum blue" instead of purple ...

(but I do agree)
Imagine if Forum Blue started posting again. How awesome would that be?!

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:15 AM
  #37
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Imagine if Forum Blue started posting again. How awesome would that be?!
Wasn't he the one who spread false rumors? That guy was a riot.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:39 AM
  #38
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 45,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Why would anyone want that POS jersey
To be ironic.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:23 PM
  #39
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 500
I have one that I won't sell, but I do want to get it numbered. I'm not sure whether any of the shops around here can get the correct font for it. I'm trying to collect every one of the jerseys that Gretzky had.

I actually received it as a Christmas present when they actually wore it. I'd love to see them bust them out on a retro night. Have a Jari Kurri Legends night and instead of the forum blue and golds they have been wearing, wear these one night.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
  #40
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I'd love to see them bust them out on a retro night. Have a Jari Kurri Legends night and instead of the forum blue and golds they have been wearing, wear these one night.
Please God no.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
  #41
cyclones22
Registered User
 
cyclones22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: United States
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Wasn't he the one who spread false rumors? That guy was a riot.
Tick tock...

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
  #42
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
I have a gretzky one. Definately not for sale.
I was at the game here in Calgary they wore them. Last time they ever hit the ice.
Of my 20+ Kings jersey it is my favorite.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
  #43
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I have one that I won't sell, but I do want to get it numbered. I'm not sure whether any of the shops around here can get the correct font for it. I'm trying to collect every one of the jerseys that Gretzky had.

I actually received it as a Christmas present when they actually wore it. I'd love to see them bust them out on a retro night. Have a Jari Kurri Legends night and instead of the forum blue and golds they have been wearing, wear these one night.
I got mine done at Jersey city. they nailed the numbers and the font. Only issue I have is the Gretzky name bar is white and goes on to the grey sash a bit on the back.

As for wearing them again. I hoep they do not. Mainly because right now having one is rare.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 02:28 PM
  #44
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I got mine done at Jersey city. they nailed the numbers and the font. Only issue I have is the Gretzky name bar is white and goes on to the grey sash a bit on the back.

As for wearing them again. I hoep they do not. Mainly because right now having one is rare.
I'll have to take mine down to Jersey City and see. Thanks for the tip.

I'll take a look at pictures and if they didn't use a nameplate, I'll see if they will attach each letter separately instead of using one.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:10 PM
  #45
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I'll have to take mine down to Jersey City and see. Thanks for the tip.

I'll take a look at pictures and if they didn't use a nameplate, I'll see if they will attach each letter separately instead of using one.
Form the pictures I see they look like they don't use a name plate.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:36 AM
  #46
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Form the pictures I see they look like they don't use a name plate.
They didn't.
They have a Granato at MeiGray.
http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...4536&scId=4536

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:58 AM
  #47
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Cause I was sick of Kitsyn and my avatar is awesome. But having a ****ing home plate on a hockey jersey sucks. And losing purple.....cmon dawg.
You realize it's a royal banner, not a home plate, right?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:10 AM
  #48
backhander
Registered User
 
backhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
the burger shlanger jersey was a fail and still is. it is a collector's item and i see the value there but it's a damn ugly jersey

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:50 PM
  #49
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
the burger shlanger jersey was a fail and still is. it is a collector's item and i see the value there but it's a damn ugly jersey
For sure it was a fail. The guy who designed the logo has said how pissed he was. He said it was never meant to have purple, and the sash wasn't suppose to be on there. However CCM pushed for teams to use third jerseys that had that kind of faded coloring.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 AM
  #50
mr2padstack
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
No offers yet for the Medium BK kings jersey. Back in the closet ya go then.

mr2padstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.