HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Mark Mancari

Old
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Crazy Tasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Mark Mancair has in fact "NEVER" been given the opportunity to prove himself with the big club the way other prospects have.
Every year, in training camp the Manchair has more experience and the stats to win a spot, and every year he doesnt.

He's a slower, less talented, less physical Stafford. It would be great if he could play bigger against NHL'rs like he does AHL'rs, but he doesnt.

Stop making it a conspiracy.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 09:49 PM
CapGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I stand corrected. Capgeek is also wrong on this one, as well.
We're not wrong: As of Wednesday night, Mancari can still appear in 80 NHL regular season and playoff games. He has 19 games played already and is eligible to play in 33 more regular season games and 28 playoff games before his free-agency status is calculated. Obviously, this is unlikely, but our information is currently accurate.

Thanks,

CapGeek.com

CapGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
buffan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapGeek View Post
We're not wrong: As of Wednesday night, Mancari can still appear in 80 NHL regular season and playoff games. He has 19 games played already and is eligible to play in 33 more regular season games and 28 playoff games before his free-agency status is calculated. Obviously, this is unlikely, but our information is currently accurate.

Thanks,

CapGeek.com
Mancari is a UFA as of 2011. His RFA expires in 2011 according to CapGeek.com

Player Pos Team Age Cap Hit Expiry

Mancari, Mark F BUF 25 $575,000 2011 (RFA)

buffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:44 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
Every year, in training camp the Manchair has more experience and the stats to win a spot, and every year he doesnt.

He's a slower, less talented, less physical Stafford. It would be great if he could play bigger against NHL'rs like he does AHL'rs, but he doesnt.

Stop making it a conspiracy.
Conspiracy?
I happen to know that the contract talks a couple of years ago were a sore point for Regier.
Remind me again how this is a conspiracy?
Or is this just something to throw out there to create another fan based "illusion" of what they've seen in the operation of the organization as a whole?

As for the training camp opportunities, I've already agreed that he has been given that shake at camp, I've also stated that his performance was no more or less that of Kennedy's or Gerbe's in the process.

Once again, if you look at the time periods given, Mancari has not, in point of fact, been given the same opportunities in the seasons as other prospects have, and those other prospects faired no better than Mancari has based on the amount of games played for comparison.

It is what it is.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
SenzZen
Unholy Masquerade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
Mancari has Jody Gage syndrome in a bad way. Despite dominating the AHL he never shows much when he gets called up. So he never gets called up anymore. It's gotten so bad that he couldn't get a nod over 144-lb. Paul Byron or known quantity Matt Ellis when 3 Sabre forwards went out with injuries. Mancari responded to the snub by putting up his second hast trick in two games.

I would still like to the Sabres extend the same patience to Mancari as they did Gerbe, who showed little promise until things seemed to finally click last week. Mancari has only seen very spotty NHL action. He has shown that he deserves a real chance, but then again I'm no pro hockey scout so maybe there's something about his game that is holding him back.
Byron is from the Ottawa area. That was a big- but not sole- reason.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:19 PM
LGBuffalo

Mancari hasn't been called up much because there hasn't been really any reason to call him up. Indeed injuries have happened this year, but the organization needs to see how other prospects are faring in their development. They know how Mancari is faring because when they call him up he plays the same way; and that is uninspired hockey with a body frame that could be used for so many constructive hockey plays.

LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Conspiracy?
I happen to know that the contract talks a couple of years ago were a sore point for Regier.
So you're saying you have an inside source? Any proof?

Connor McDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

I know I'm biased being a Pirates fan but it seems like a good playoff run for the prospects in Portland would be more valuable long term than a 4th (or higher) round pick.

He may suck in the NHL but he's great here.

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote