HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Gets Scratched? / Line Combos

Old
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
if he is, would love to see a top 2 pairings of:

staal-sauer
tyuts-girardi
I would love to have Tyutin back but bottom line is he has another yr left on his deal and I don't think the Rangers add salary. If anything they move contracts for next yr like Gilroy RFA and EC for a rental.........

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:32 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Remember the D. Morris deal?.......Prucha, Dawes, Kalinin...............I see something like that with the excess bodies meaning Gilroy, Christensen plus for a rental D
Sather was forced to flip Prucha and Dawes because they were upcoming RFAs... that was a positive in the deal for both teams. Maloney wanted those two and it worked out for Slats.

I can see something like that happening again with all the bodies. Gilroy definitely falls into that category because he is an upcoming RFA and has looked good the last month or so. Thats interesting to see what happens there. Christensen im not so sure GMs would want, but he does have a very attractive hit and he hasnt exactly taken a dip with his career here. Sather is probably frothing at the mouth the way Gilroy has resurrected himself.

Upcoming RFA's - Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Boyle, Sauer and Gilroy. Fedotenko, Eminger and Prospal are UFAs. (and Frolov)

So yeah, like that Morris deal... You might be right...Question is, who do you give up on? Out of the 6 RFAs - its gotta be Gilly.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:48 AM
NYRamonte10

Drury is given the ultimatum after the break. Either he plays his heart out, performs gets points and plays like the Drury that every one knew and loved, or he's out.

You give your captain a chance. And he plays for his life, for the respect of his teammates and the fans.

Drury can still be a great player.

I think he will be.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
Drury is given the ultimatum after the break. Either he plays his heart out, performs gets points and plays like the Drury that every one knew and loved, or he's out.

You give your captain a chance. And he plays for his life, for the respect of his teammates and the fans.

Drury can still be a great player.

I think he will be.
i dont think drury ever slacks out there...i think he always plays his heart out.

hes just got nothing left in the tank to give us.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:22 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Gaborik - what now?

Hear me out....

I see no reason to break up these 3 lines...

Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

With Vinny *maybe* coming back... we also have EC, Avery, Feds and Drury ( sadly ).

Where does Gabby fit in now? Obviously, when he's on he is a HUGE asset to the team but for whatever reason he's been ineffective more often than not this season. Take away the 3 hat-trick games and he has 10 goals in 35 games. Not bad, but not Gabby.

Is he going to be moved? Would some deal with NSH for Weber be possible? Where else could you see him going, and what would YOU want in return?

Again, not saying this will happen but just thinking out loud. I don't see him being moved, but I do wonder what the hell it's gonna take to get him going without breaking up our 3 "established" lines.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:24 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
why would you take away 3 hat tricks?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
They were against 3 horrible teams.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Levitate

Washington isn't exactly horrible even if they aren't having a division leading year.

And if you took away everyone's points against bad teams then most players stats would look pretty average!

At any rate, no, Gaborik isn't getting traded and isn't losing icetime. Don't be ridiculous

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Blue Line Monster

Is there any stretch of games against a few bottom feeders in a row coming up? Then he can really break out.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
ak10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Don’t forget the snipe against Washington……..

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Washington isn't exactly horrible even if they aren't having a division leading year.
While that may be true, he didn't score a hat trick against the Caps.

11/14 vs Edmonton
12/2 @ NYI
1/19 vs Toronto

Quote:
And if you took away everyone's points against bad teams then most players stats would look pretty average!

At any rate, no, Gaborik isn't getting traded and isn't losing icetime. Don't be ridiculous
True, but Gaborik's case is somewhat extreme, with 10/16 goals coming against 3 of the 5 worst teams in the league.

Plus, he has another goal against the Pisles, so really, 11/16 goals have come against 3 of the 5 worst teams in the league.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Avery - Prospal - Gaborik

4 lines

Drury,Avery,Christensen rotate + Prospal insurance?

Listed above are 3 lines that can play top minutes depending on who is hot, factoring in also the make up of the opposition that night. As well as a 4th line that is might efficient.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Trade Gaborik so we can complain about not having a Sniper again.

Those were the days.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I think Gaborik's second-half performance is going to make a lot of people look foolish for doubting him.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Avery-Christensen-Gaborik

This would work very well imo.

That line needs some kind of a puck carrier and Avery is pretty damn good at it. EC and Gaborik have decent chemistry. Prospal might have just been activated but he won't be able to handle 20 minutes a night right away.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
While that may be true, he didn't score a hat trick against the Caps.
Sorry, for some reason he was in on that 7 goal game against Washington.

At any rate, I agree Gaborik isn't playing up to his standards this year but it'd basically be the worst idea ever to dump him and try to roll out lines that don't have him in the top six.

He is the only legitimately natural goal scorer on the entire team.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Scooter17

If Gabby is healthy you find room for him in any NHL lineup and especially on the Rangers who lack pure offensive skill. This is a silly thread.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:47 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Sorry, for some reason he was in on that 7 goal game against Washington.

At any rate, I agree Gaborik isn't playing up to his standards this year but it'd basically be the worst idea ever to dump him and try to roll out lines that don't have him in the top six.

He is the only legitimately natural goal scorer on the entire team.
I can see both sides of the coin and am favoring toward this side you mention, that it wouldn't make much sense to trade Gaborik, however, I'm inclined to see how he does the second half of the year and then make a decision.

If we can get a supreme package back for Gaborik, people shouldn't shake their head automatically. He isn't untouchable. If we make the PO's in this second half and play well and score decently and he isn't much of a contributor then I wouldn't be opposed to moving him for a nice package in return.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Really like Callahan coming back.

Excited too about Prospal. Excited as he has had great chemistry with Gabby in the past. But, a little nervous about adding Prospal back. He's no spring chicken anymore, and the guy is coming off a major injury. I am nervous as I hope the club doesn't consider other part expendable untill Prospal is tested and proven he is ready to play. I just don't want to see them swing a deal to add another player if he isn't back to gameshape yet. I mean, it's only a very short time ago that he was not able to really skate on the bad leg at all!

Onto Avery. I love his game, and hope that they do not scratch him. I can deal with the occasional bad penalty as he is an injection of life in every shift he takes. He is contributing in every game regardelss of whether or not he is finding the back of the net.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

People can write off Drury all they want, but the Rangers are bottom-3 in the NHL in faceoffs. I would assume they would be last without his 57% pct.

Drury is the perfect 4th line center. Forget the contract. He's Blair Betts, and Blair Betts used to shoot wide 99 times out of 100. And our PK has shot up the rankings since he came back, and that's with Cally out of the lineup.

Sather is in the driver's seat. The only reason why Prospal would get any playing time over Avery or Fedotenko is to be showcased, to prove he is healthy enough to help another team down the stretch.

Avery played a season-high 21 mins against Florida. I dont see him being benched, and trading him is out of the question.

Avery-AA-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Dubinsky-Drury-Callahan
Feds-Boyle-Prust

That should be the Game 1 playoff lineup

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
Avery - Prospal - Gaborik

4 lines

Drury,Avery,Christensen rotate + Prospal insurance?

Listed above are 3 lines that can play top minutes depending on who is hot, factoring in also the make up of the opposition that night. As well as a 4th line that is might efficient.
I would go with something along these lines except have the combo of Avery/Christenson/Prospal rotate to play with Gabby and have Drury as insurance. Although I don't know how long we could rely on Prospal being "healthy".

The thing about these lines being so balanced is at the end of a game you could really lean on the Anisimov and Boyle lines to match up against say a Crosby and a Malkin line to hopefully to hopefully shut them down. I think we can all remember a few years ago when the Rangers had the Jagr line out at the end of the Buffalo playoff game and we all know what the end result was.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:50 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Hear me out....
Again, not saying this will happen but just thinking out loud. I don't see him being moved, but I do wonder what the hell it's gonna take to get him going without breaking up our 3 "established" lines.
I guess all of you saying I was "ridiculous" or "silly" missed that part of my original post. Merely bringing up a point while not necessarily advocating it should not invite ridicule and insults. Frankly, you can take that attitude and shove it up your Redden.

Old
01-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Anyways...

While we all know Gaborik and his line have hardly been an every game force like the Dubi-AA-Cally line early in the year, the Feds-Boyle-Prust line or the recent Wolski-Stepan-Zucc finesse line, we need a gamebreaker.

Maybe he isnt the most important player on our team any more. But we need that guy that the opponents are always looking to guard. Having a Prospal-EC-gaborik line amongst the other 3 I mentioned at the end of the year means that one of our other lines will have to see less of our oppenents top defensemen. That alone is very important.

How do you defend against a wave including the Gaborik line, the Dubi line, the Stepan line, while getting grinded out below the hashmarks by the Boyle line?

Its about wave-by-wave attack. Having Gaborik makes any line he is on the focal point of the defense.

01-27-2011, 01:04 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Anyways...

While we all know Gaborik and his line have hardly been an every game force like the Dubi-AA-Cally line early in the year, the Feds-Boyle-Prust line or the recent Wolski-Stepan-Zucc finesse line, we need a gamebreaker.

Maybe he isnt the most important player on our team any more. But we need that guy that the opponents are always looking to guard. Having a Prospal-EC-gaborik line amongst the other 3 I mentioned at the end of the year means that one of our other lines will have to see less of our oppenents top defensemen. That alone is very important.

How do you defend against a wave including the Gaborik line, the Dubi line, the Stepan line, while getting grinded out below the hashmarks by the Boyle line?

Its about wave-by-wave attack. Having Gaborik makes any line he is on the focal point of the defense.
Completely agree and i was just going to post something like this about Gabbys impact on an opposing teams' game plan.

Let's not be naive here. Sure hes not having a great season, but hes freakin Gaborik. He can break out at any moment.

I was coming down pretty hard on the guy as well not too long ago. But hes had a half dozen consistent efforts in my mind closing out January and I believe that will continue.

If he closes out the year the way he started the last one we are all in for a treat. He's got that performance in him still, he's 28 for crying out loud.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 01:05 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Then he needs to step up and BE that gamebreaker like we know he is capable of doing. He's been that gamebreaker in 3 games this season. Thats it. What is needed to wake him up?