HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL: Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Few weeks ago:

"He sucks he sucks he sucks he sucks....."

Today:

"Wow, nice move !"

Yeah, Devs are done for several years, just like all you guys said based on the first half of the season

Meanwhile, a few more losses and our team will be in full panic mode.
Complimenting his nice tip doesn't exactly equate to saying he's really turned around his season and is the same Kovalchuk. I still wouldn't want him on the Rangers.

02-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Complimenting his nice tip doesn't exactly equate to saying he's really turned around his season and is the same Kovalchuk. I still wouldn't want him on the Rangers.
But he doesn't suck, like YOU pointed out, thats all I'm sayin

Old
02-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Drury's Weekend (whatever his name is now lol) knows that Kovalchuk doesn't suck. He's an avid hockey fan.

As much as we hate crysby we also know he doesn't suck.

Old
02-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
No, he definitely doesn't suck. Chris Drury, he sucks.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Beninatti and Harwood have been fired at Versus. Engblom moved to between the benches as well as Pierre McGuire doing it. Also, Milbury will join the desk. Lots of changes at Versus.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:03 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Beninatti and Harwood have been fired at Versus. Engblom moved to between the benches as well as Pierre McGuire doing it. Also, Milbury will join the desk. Lots of changes at Versus.
Only took them 5 years to figure out he's a terrible announcer, maybe in another 5 we'll get decent camera angles.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

So McGuire will be in Detroit tomorrow. Great. Ew.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
OverTheCap

Yeah, I read that Dick Ebersol was making changes at Versus, so hopefully the production values will improve. Seems like they are making the game broadcasts similar if not identical to NHL on NBC, Pierre and all. Ebersol also said that they may change the name of the network.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Here's a link to the thread discussing it.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=871649

Old
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
So McGuire will be in Detroit tomorrow. Great. Ew.
Yeah, I heard him mention being excited about joining Doc and Olczyk for the game Monday night while I was watching the Penguins and Capitals game.

Weird to me that Beninati and Harwood got fired mid-season. Does that happen often in broadcasting?

EDIT: Just read OverTheCap's post. I guess it has to do with the Comcast-NBC merger.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Devils problem from the beginning was their coach. Once they fired Johnny Mac, theyve steadily gotten better. Blame Lou Lams for waiting till the season was over.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Devils problem from the beginning was their coach. Once they fired Johnny Mac, theyve steadily gotten better. Blame Lou Lams for waiting till the season was over.
I don't know if it was J-Mac so much as the Devils just not playing for the team and each other under his system. Lams has them back on board and that's the real difference. It's hard to blame a coach completely when the team isn't finding an identity at all.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I don't know if it was J-Mac so much as the Devils just not playing for the team and each other under his system. Lams has them back on board and that's the real difference. It's hard to blame a coach completely when the team isn't finding an identity at all.

I really hate to be "that guy" but to me it's completely the trap. The Devils team looked HORRENDOUSLY bad without the trap and have looked good with it.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I really hate to be "that guy" but to me it's completely the trap. The Devils team looked HORRENDOUSLY bad without the trap and have looked good with it.
Oh yeah, the on ice execution definitely has plenty to do with it, too.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:44 PM
levski87

Quote:
They weren't trapping Montreal.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
The "trap" nonsense has to stop.

The Devils are now playing a system, where with John MacLean, they weren't.

Every successful team in the league is playing a system, the Devils aren't using some cheat.

New faces, new coach, new pregame meal? We have no idea why the Devils couldn't get on the same page early in the season, but right now, they are playing a team game.

Old
02-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

The cooke thread on the main boards is really epic. Its basically every fanbase vs the penguins fans who are defending cooke.

I am sitting here lol'ing hysterically like a 5 year old. I've already been removed from the discussion though :-/

Old
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
33 games he gave Johnny Mac, either way it was a bad situation. I have not liked the last two Devil coaches, and going back to Lemaire is a whole other discussion entirely. Lou has had some bad choices but I guess I still don't think he's Sather 'bad' worthy just yet. Old Smokey gave Trottier 50 plus games

But honestly what can you expect from a team with a new coach who had no head coaching experience, a totally new dynamic icetime leader like Kovalchuk, an aging vet core mixed with a very young core of prospects, season ending injury to the guy I feel was their MVP the last two seasons, and lost the Dman who steadied their backline for the last 3 seasons ?

Old
02-06-2011, 07:20 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
The cooke thread on the main boards is really epic. Its basically every fanbase vs the penguins fans who are defending cooke.

I am sitting here lol'ing hysterically like a 5 year old. I've already been removed from the discussion though :-/

Haha hilarious. Cooke is a dirtbag, everyone knows that. Ovie also has a history of knee-on-knee hits.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:23 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
The "trap" nonsense has to stop.

The Devils are now playing a system, where with John MacLean, they weren't.

Every successful team in the league is playing a system, the Devils aren't using some cheat.

New faces, new coach, new pregame meal? We have no idea why the Devils couldn't get on the same page early in the season, but right now, they are playing a team game.
This. Even then, who gives a **** if they "trap". They're winning, that's all that matters.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-06-2011, 07:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Are you kidding me? They're using the trap, that's their system. I never said anything about it being a cheat or not. Its the ****ing trap and they're using it, simple as that.

The Devils were unsuccessful without it this season and you can't deny that. we'll see next season what system their coach implements.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:33 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Are you kidding me? They're using the trap, that's their system. I never said anything about it being a cheat or not. Its the ****ing trap and they're using it, simple as that.

The Devils were unsuccessful without it this season and you can't deny that. we'll see next season what system their coach implements.
I think we'll see Bob Hartley hired to coach them next year. He was the only coach besides Lemaire that got Kovalchuk to play adequate defensive hockey. and he's a defensive minded coach all around.

Old
02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I think we'll see Bob Hartley hired to coach them next year. He was the only coach besides Lemaire that got Kovalchuk to play adequate defensive hockey. and he's a defensive minded coach all around.
I would love to see the Devils hire that divisive **** as a coach. It would be hysterical. Hartley is a terrible coach.

Old
02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would love to see the Devils hire that divisive **** as a coach. It would be hysterical. Hartley is a terrible coach.
yeah, i think Hartley is seriously overrated. Lemaire is a great coach...hate him if you want, he wins.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
My point is the Devs nor Kovalchuk are 'done' like a lot here seemed to be saying just a few weeks ago.
Definitely not 'done', but how much can Marty possibly have left in the tank? And they still have work to do on D.

Closed Thread