HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL: Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2011, 03:13 PM
hockeygoon15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I post in pretty much every thread in the Devils board.
You post in pretty much every thread on every board

Old
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I see plenty of suspensions coming from this...

Old
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
For a more expansive look at yesterday's Islanders/Penguins tilt, here is a 17 minute recap of the events:

Dont like the sucker punch attempt on talbot. Cowardly. People criticized avery for his punch to smid's face, but at least they had squared off and were facing each other.

Dont like at all what Gillies did coming across the ice and throwing the cheap shot he did.

Not overly upset with Haley going at Johnson because it looked like Johnson was yelling at him from his end of the ice. Still think thats cowardly though.

Kennedy is pathetic. He shouldnt be looking for fights because he will get his ass kicked.

Everything else seemed like fair game to me. I mean that was a little too much but i guess what i mean by fair game is that i didnt see anything that was outrageous in the other fights.

The Penguins announcers once again are little babies. Nothing bad should ever happen to there beloved penguins. Yeah they're right gillies was dirty in that game but I guess they neglect the fact that Matt Cooke plays for the Penguins is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Crosby isnt liked. The penguins arent liked. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened to them. They got their ***** beat. I dont mind it at all especially because of what Cooke has done.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
You post in pretty much every thread on every board
U jelly bro?

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-12-2011, 03:47 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Did Cooke get beat up? I haven't been able to watch the video yet.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
U jelly bro?
Almost 10,000 posts in like 5 months. Steve, find a new hobby.

Old
02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Almost 10,000 posts in like 5 months. Steve, find a new hobby.
Hockey is my hobby, bro.

Old
02-12-2011, 04:09 PM
fiedy88

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Did Cooke get beat up? I haven't been able to watch the video yet.
cooke wasn't playing, still suspended.

Old
02-12-2011, 04:13 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

That lucky son of a *****.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:16 PM
TrollololBoyle

Pumped to watch Colorado-Nashville tonight. I guarantee Carrie Underwood is there, and they'll be zooming in on her on every one of Mike Fisher's shifts.

Can't decide between Toronto-Montreal and Carolina-Tampa Bay though. The first one is going to be great, but I'd rather watch Stamkos, Staal and Skinner.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:30 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Dont like the sucker punch attempt on talbot. Cowardly. People criticized avery for his punch to smid's face, but at least they had squared off and were facing each other.

Dont like at all what Gillies did coming across the ice and throwing the cheap shot he did.

Not overly upset with Haley going at Johnson because it looked like Johnson was yelling at him from his end of the ice. Still think thats cowardly though.

Kennedy is pathetic. He shouldnt be looking for fights because he will get his ass kicked.

Everything else seemed like fair game to me. I mean that was a little too much but i guess what i mean by fair game is that i didnt see anything that was outrageous in the other fights.

The Penguins announcers once again are little babies. Nothing bad should ever happen to there beloved penguins. Yeah they're right gillies was dirty in that game but I guess they neglect the fact that Matt Cooke plays for the Penguins is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Crosby isnt liked. The penguins arent liked. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened to them. They got their ***** beat. I dont mind it at all especially because of what Cooke has done.
I agree with most of what you said. Martin on Talbot was really weak - doesn't prove anything other than Martin doesn't have the balls to drop them with a pretty soft guy in Talbot. I get the idea of payback on that hit and all but you don't answer a questionably cheap hit with a definitely cheap sucker punch. Gilles was also WAY out of line. The elbow gave the guy a concussion and he's out there pounding on him while he's doubled over in pain. That was one of the most insanely irresponsible acts I've seen on the ice in a while.

Johnson was shaking his glove or waffle or whatever as Haley was going to the bench - I honestly don't see the problem with that. Skaters shouldn't bring goalies into a fight but if a goalie is challenging them they have every right to drop them and engage him so long as the skater makes sure that the goalie is willing - which Haley did. I don't really see what was such a huge deal about that.

It was a very entertaining game. I wish Cooke was out there though. That would have been the icing on the cake.

Lastly, who know that 3 guys on the islanders had 20 goals? Good for them. I'd be worried about them being competition but we don't suck that badly yet. Also, Grabner is a monster.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:38 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I agree with most of what you said. Martin on Talbot was really weak - doesn't prove anything other than Martin doesn't have the balls to drop them with a pretty soft guy in Talbot. I get the idea of payback on that hit and all but you don't answer a questionably cheap hit with a definitely cheap sucker punch. Gilles was also WAY out of line. The elbow gave the guy a concussion and he's out there pounding on him while he's doubled over in pain. That was one of the most insanely irresponsible acts I've seen on the ice in a while.

Johnson was shaking his glove or waffle or whatever as Haley was going to the bench - I honestly don't see the problem with that. Skaters shouldn't bring goalies into a fight but if a goalie is challenging them they have every right to drop them and engage him so long as the skater makes sure that the goalie is willing - which Haley did. I don't really see what was such a huge deal about that.

It was a very entertaining game. I wish Cooke was out there though. That would have been the icing on the cake.

Lastly, who know that 3 guys on the islanders had 20 goals? Good for them. I'd be worried about them being competition but we don't suck that badly yet. Also, Grabner is a monster.
I guess I just dont agree with Haley's decision to fight Johnson. Goalies wear all that equipment. Skaters have more mobility and therefore more ability to be quicker/more balanced in a fight. I dont think calling it cowardly was the right word. I actually dont think its terrible if the goalie is challenging the skater to a fight. I guess at that point Haley had just fought, the entire game was a mess, he should've just let it go rather than skating around trying to fight everyone last night.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:40 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

That Martin punch on Talbot made me so happy last night.

Was awesome, and with all the **** Cooke has done, is basically karma. Having 2 Penguins alternating on and off the ice was hysterical, and Michael Grabner is a beast. Best game of the year, hands down, bar none, it's not even close.

Old
02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
That Martin punch on Talbot made me so happy last night.

Was awesome, and with all the **** Cooke has done, is basically karma. Having 2 Penguins alternating on and off the ice was hysterical, and Michael Grabner is a beast. Best game of the year, hands down, bar none, it's not even close.
I love Martin, he's such a mean sonnova*****

Old
02-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
I love Martin, he's such a mean sonnova*****
Martin is their version of Prust and Hailey reminds me of Steve Webb

Islanders should keep those guys energy guys.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Huge game tonight, lets go Tampa. I know we have been losing, but things can be worse... Everyone else could be winning.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:35 PM
MorrisWanchuk

for those that want us to trade for Kaberle to qb the pp. the hnic announcers are absolutely ripping on his inability to shoot from the point.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Tampa takes a 1-0 lead. Hope they can hang on.

Old
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
McDonagh27

2-0 Tampa

Old
02-12-2011, 07:49 PM
McDonagh27

2-1 now haha I think i'll stop watching!!

Old
02-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Haha lets go Tampa. All of the points in all of the games are very important.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:00 PM
MaximusT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Huge game tonight, lets go Tampa. I know we have been losing, but things can be worse... Everyone else could be winning.
precisely, Carolina is something like 1-3-1 in their last 5.
I know that NJ plays them twice in their next 3 games, so lets hope the Rangers actually start putting up Ws again or else we'll have to resort to desperately rooting for the Devils to keep us in the playoffs.
Lets go TBL!

Old
02-12-2011, 08:04 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I guess I just dont agree with Haley's decision to fight Johnson. Goalies wear all that equipment. Skaters have more mobility and therefore more ability to be quicker/more balanced in a fight. I dont think calling it cowardly was the right word. I actually dont think its terrible if the goalie is challenging the skater to a fight. I guess at that point Haley had just fought, the entire game was a mess, he should've just let it go rather than skating around trying to fight everyone last night.
Yeah, it was definitely a mess. I thought about the equipment too, it can't be easy to move in all of that.

Old
02-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
precisely, Carolina is something like 1-3-1 in their last 5.
I know that NJ plays them twice in their next 3 games, so lets hope the Rangers actually start putting up Ws again or else we'll have to resort to desperately rooting for the Devils to keep us in the playoffs.
Lets go TBL!
Until the Devils do the impossible and make a PO run themselves. The more wins they pick up, the closer they get. Especially when the 6-7-8 and below keep losing.

02-12-2011, 08:26 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
for those that want us to trade for Kaberle to qb the pp. the hnic announcers are absolutely ripping on his inability to shoot from the point.
Wow, again, he is not going to be brought here to shoot. He's going to be brought here to pass, which is what he is good at. He's absolutely far from a shooter, so I have no idea why those buffoons expect anything more from him in that facet.

Closed Thread