HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrew Brunette to a contender

Old
01-21-2011, 10:57 PM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Andrew Brunette to a contender

Really good veteran, durable winger. Extremely clutch in the playoffs and, but doesn't really have a place on the Wild anymore. 12-15-27 this year.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I'd say he'll bring at least a 2nd rounder in return. I could see a 2nd and a 4th if there's a bidding war. Hard to say his value in terms of a prospect. I'd guess they could get a decent, but not great prospect for him.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:47 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3000
The Wild are one point out of the playoffs as we speak... with three games in hand on the #6 seed.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:57 PM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
The Wild are one point out of the playoffs as we speak... with three games in hand on the #6 seed.
I know but we are definitely trying to "get younger". its a nicer way to say rebuild. Our cupboards are pretty bare as far as prospects and veteran contracts like Brunette are expendable.

Old
01-22-2011, 12:32 AM
crazyforhockey

van would love him on our team. minny looks to have a decent shot at playoffs

even just to keep from facing minny in 1st rd lol

minny reminds me of nyr great bottom 6 great goaltending and solid defence. and one main scoring line

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
Really good veteran, durable winger. Extremely clutch in the playoffs and, but doesn't really have a place on the Wild anymore. 12-15-27 this year.
Depending on the moves the B's make I'd love to add him and would gladly give up our 2nd for him.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:01 AM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
van would love him on our team. minny looks to have a decent shot at playoffs

even just to keep from facing minny in 1st rd lol

minny reminds me of nyr great bottom 6 great goaltending and solid defence. and one main scoring line
Yeah don't think he is headed to the Nucks haha but i can't even imagine the passing and cycling between him and the Sedins.

Old
01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Depending on the moves the B's make I'd love to add him and would gladly give up our 2nd for him.
We would take our 2nd back or Wheeler but really a second is right about what we are looking for.

Old
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
HemskyToHall*

Andrew Brunnette is already in minnesota. I really hope that team makes the playoffs and brunnette will be key down the stretch.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
It doesn't matter who it is, just any Minnesota native will suffice.

Oh wait....

I don't want to move Brunette at the moment. If we are far away from qualifying at the deadline, then I'd be for getting picks in returns.

01-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Last year around this time I thought he'd be a great fit for the Penguins. It was just that he had another year remaining on his contract that was the problem

I still think he'd be a great fit in Pittsburgh now, a year later. I think Brunette's got more skill than Bill Guerin when the Penguins got him a few years ago at the deadline and Guerin worked out well. I think Brunette could do the same, even if he were to play on the 2nd line and not on one of Crosby's wings.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Last year around this time I thought he'd be a great fit for the Penguins. It was just that he had another year remaining on his contract that was the problem

I still think he'd be a great fit in Pittsburgh now, a year later. I think Brunette's got more skill than Bill Guerin when the Penguins got him a few years ago at the deadline and Guerin worked out well. I think Brunette could do the same, even if he were to play on the 2nd line and not on one of Crosby's wings.
I am scared to think what would happen if Bruno went to the Pens and played with Crosby or Malkin. The passes this guy can make are unreal. His hockey IQ is so high and he has great hands and knows exactly where to put the puck. He pretty much turned Antti Miettnen into a 20 goal scorer.

Old
01-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

If Minnesota is inclined to deal him at the deadline, a 2nd and a 4th/middling prospect would be doable from Pittsburgh.

1sts/Tangradi/Bennett/Despres are off-limits. If Jeffrey is wanted, he'd have to be the major piece moving for Brunette.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

I don't think he gets dealt, but he'd be my top choice league-wide to play with the Sedins.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Bibeen

I think he can join MTL for a prospect like Kristo

Bibeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Cogburn

A second and a mediocre prospect or another lower pick if there's a bidding war. Even if we don't place him with the Sedins, having him play with a Malhotra or Torres or even Hansen would see their goal totals go up by the end of the year. Brunette's no superstar, but he definately has that ability to make his linemates better.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
It would be hard to let Brunette go. He is one of those guys you'd like to keep in your organization after he retires. I'm hoping the Wild keep him and bring him back with 1 year deals until he hangs 'em up.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:41 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
It would be hard to let Brunette go. He is one of those guys you'd like to keep in your organization after he retires. I'm hoping the Wild keep him and bring him back with 1 year deals until he hangs 'em up.
It would be nice if he realized he should hang em up after this season.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Skk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
If Minnesota is inclined to deal him at the deadline, a 2nd and a 4th/middling prospect would be doable from Pittsburgh.

1sts/Tangradi/Bennett/Despres are off-limits. If Jeffrey is wanted, he'd have to be the major piece moving for Brunette.
I feel like the Pens would give up Kennedy. To get Brunette's salary I think they'd need to shed a little salary, maybe get rid of Godard and keep Comrie on LTIR for the rest of the reg season.

Maybe Kennedy and like a 3rd for Brunette? That seems fair to me, assuming the Minny has decided to sell at the deadline.

Fletcher would know TK well though, so who knows if Fletcher favors him or if he sees any value/potential in him.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
I feel like the Pens would give up Kennedy. To get Brunette's salary I think they'd need to shed a little salary, maybe get rid of Godard and keep Comrie on LTIR for the rest of the reg season.

Maybe Kennedy and like a 3rd for Brunette? That seems fair to me, assuming the Minny has decided to sell at the deadline.

Fletcher would know TK well though, so who knows if Fletcher favors him or if he sees any value/potential in him.
Honestly, I'd do it. However, I know nothing about Kennedy other than that he has 22 points playing with (probably) not so great of wingers.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Skk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Honestly, I'd do it. However, I know nothing about Kennedy other than that he has 22 points playing with (probably) not so great of wingers.
He's young, fast and a very hard worker. Good on the forecheck, decent in the corners (especially considering he's not got the best size) and a streaky scorer. When he's hot he could score 5 goals in 5 games, but then he'll go 13 games with 1 point.

I don't know if he'll ever be a point producer, Kennedy doesn't have the playmaking ability or all-around skill to be a PP guy or top 6 player. He does throw a lot of rubber on the net (which is good) but often times it hits the goalie square in the chest or directly in the glove. Kennedy does shoot a lot, check his shot totals and they're right among the team leaders.

Kennedy's valuable for what he does, but even in junior he's never been a big scorer. He's good at some non-boxcar stat things, but if he had a scoring touch or could pass better then he'd produce more points. But he's definitely an NHL level player and still young enough to have worth.

Old
01-22-2011, 04:28 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
He's young, fast and a very hard worker. Good on the forecheck, decent in the corners (especially considering he's not got the best size) and a streaky scorer. When he's hot he could score 5 goals in 5 games, but then he'll go 13 games with 1 point.

I don't know if he'll ever be a point producer, Kennedy doesn't have the playmaking ability or all-around skill to be a PP guy or top 6 player. He does throw a lot of rubber on the net (which is good) but often times it hits the goalie square in the chest or directly in the glove. Kennedy does shoot a lot, check his shot totals and they're right among the team leaders.

Kennedy's valuable for what he does, but even in junior he's never been a big scorer. He's good at some non-boxcar stat things, but if he had a scoring touch or could pass better then he'd produce more points. But he's definitely an NHL level player and still young enough to have worth.
James Sheppard?

Old
01-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I don't see any reason to deal Kennedy for a rental. We have other players making more that do less here.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Skk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I don't see any reason to deal Kennedy for a rental. We have other players making more that do less here.
The Pens are so close to the cap that they're going to probably have to waive Godard and deal salary away to bring someone in.

Like it or not, the Pens aren't trading Dupuis. Talbot has the playoff history which makes him a keeper. Adams is beloved by the coach and is an ideal 4th liner. Rupp adds size and is a good 4th liner. Asham doesn't have any value. Conner is dirt cheap and frankly has made more of his chances than TK.

Kennedy is young enough to potentially have worth to another team, and he's one of the few forwards that doesn't have much value or an established role with the Pens (that they can't easily replace). To me, that makes him a potential trading chip. In the Hossa deal Shero gave up Armstrong and Christensen, it's not out of the question that he'll part with NHL caliber talent, and given the cap situation I don't see how he even has the choice.

Old
01-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Sideline

Quote:
The Pens are so close to the cap that they're going to probably have to waive Godard and deal salary away to bring someone in.

Like it or not, the Pens aren't trading Dupuis. Talbot has the playoff history which makes him a keeper. Adams is beloved by the coach and is an ideal 4th liner. Rupp adds size and is a good 4th liner. Asham doesn't have any value. Conner is dirt cheap and frankly has made more of his chances than TK.

Kennedy is young enough to potentially have worth to another team, and he's one of the few forwards that doesn't have much value or an established role with the Pens (that they can't easily replace). To me, that makes him a potential trading chip. In the Hossa deal Shero gave up Armstrong and Christensen, it's not out of the question that he'll part with NHL caliber talent, and given the cap situation I don't see how he even has the choice.
Godard is a UFA at years end and makes more than Kennedy. Given that Kennedy can play 12-14 solid minutes a night in the playoffs and Godard will never take a shift it's pretty obvious to me which guy is expendable.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote