David Moss

Old
01-27-2011, 04:29 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
David Moss

38 GP, 12G, 7A For 19 Points

Is this guy back to his form from two years ago?

Had he played the whole season he would be on pace for,
26 Goals, 15A And 41 Points.

I think he deserves a ton of credit for the resurgence of the flames season, He has been that secondary scoring threat that we have desperately needed in those close hockey games and has brought a ton of energy to the team through his play.

What are your guy's thoughts on Moss thus far?

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
38 GP, 12G, 7A For 19 Points

Is this guy back to his form from two years ago?

Had he played the whole season he would be on pace for,
26 Goals, 15A And 41 Points.

I think he deserves a ton of credit for the resurgence of the flames season, He has been that secondary scoring threat that we have desperately needed in those close hockey games and has brought a ton of energy to the team through his play.

What are your guy's thoughts on Moss thus far?
Moss has definitely stepped it up... I have never been a fan of his but he's proving his worth right now... he is finally using his size and his skating seems significantly improved... but that said there is still 2 concerns I have that has has yet to shake... 1] he is wildly inconsistent (6 points in his first 23 games, which included a 2 and 3 point effort... 13 points in 15 games since, which includes 9 pointless games)... and 2] he has issues staying healthy (missed 113 games so far in his career... he has only played 264)

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

I have been pretty disappointed in Moss in the past, especially the past year and a half or so. I even said earlier in the year that if Moss didn't pick it up I wouldn't be overly surprised if we was waived. I'm glad he's proving me wrong and I'll gladly eat the crow.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:16 AM
HuskyFlames

Moss is what he is. A solid 3rd liner. He is playing better cause hes keeping his game simple and going to the net and getting garbage goals.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:19 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Yeah, I like what I've seen from Moss this year.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Signature
Capitano Giordano

vCash: 50
He took Ovechkin's beard and inherited some of his skill, too, it seems. :p

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
bigchief12

I am pleasantly surprised by his performance this year. He is doing what he is supposed to as Lunatik/FlamesFanatic said, keeping it simple and going to the net, use his body and creating energy. It's an important role that I didn't think he was ever going to get the hang of but I too will gladly eat some crow and hope he keeps it up.

Last edited by bigchief12: 01-27-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: gave wrong credit
bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Moss has definitely stepped it up... I have never been a fan of his but he's proving his worth right now... he is finally using his size and his skating seems significantly improved... but that said there is still 2 concerns I have that has has yet to shake... 1] he is wildly inconsistent (6 points in his first 23 games, which included a 2 and 3 point effort... 13 points in 15 games since, which includes 9 pointless games)... and 2] he has issues staying healthy (missed 113 games so far in his career... he has only played 264)
Strange, I new he scored in bunches this year but not to that extent.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
jtommyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
I am pleasantly surprised by his performance this year. He is doing what he is supposed to as FlamesFanatic said, keeping it simple and going to the net, use his body and creating energy. It's an important role that I didn't think he was ever going to get the hang of but I too will gladly eat some crow and hope he keeps it up.
I wish Bourque and Glenny would get back to doing the same thing...

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Flames 1st pick

Moss is one of those guys that never put 2 good years together....I would try to get something for him in the summer.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:30 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
Moss is one of those guys that never put 2 good years together....I would try to get something for him in the summer.
Why? Moss goes out every night plays hard and puts up points while playing on an energy line and he can play on the power play in once a while.
The only way he would be traded would be for is to upgrade, and the flames would have larger problems then trying to upgrade a third liner.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
GoFlames

Yeah kudos to Moss for turning his game around. He has played well this year.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Signature
Capitano Giordano

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
I agree that Moss isn't a consistent player right now. If he continues to play a simple energy player's game and not get his head too high up in the clouds making plays he can't actually make, he's a good player.

Assuming that he remains inconsistent, I can't see Calgary moving him. He seems to be the kind of player that does put a good amount of effort in and doesn't float, and he's defensively responsible. For the amount of time invested in his development and his skill ceiling, he has more worth as an individual player to the Flames than anyone else would give us for him. Maybe he could even be Calgary's next Stephane Yelle if he gets a bit grittier.

Of course, that being said, he'd make a half-decent throw-in in a bigger trade, but that's usually the case for most players anyways, so it doesn't really need to be said.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Strange, I new he scored in bunches this year but not to that extent.
yean his 19 points have come in 9 games

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
I agree that Moss isn't a consistent player right now. If he continues to play a simple energy player's game and not get his head too high up in the clouds making plays he can't actually make, he's a good player.

Assuming that he remains inconsistent, I can't see Calgary moving him. He seems to be the kind of player that does put a good amount of effort in and doesn't float, and he's defensively responsible. For the amount of time invested in his development and his skill ceiling, he has more worth as an individual player to the Flames than anyone else would give us for him. Maybe he could even be Calgary's next Stephane Yelle if he gets a bit grittier.

Of course, that being said, he'd make a half-decent throw-in in a bigger trade, but that's usually the case for most players anyways, so it doesn't really need to be said.
When I said trade him, I mean if he has a good year and if somebody is willing to pay for that good year value then trade him. That is because there is a good chance he is not going to repeat the next year. It's like that for him since his college days.

If all the Flames can get is another 3rd/4th liner then yeah keep him

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote