HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Today Feb 28th

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
Me neither. He'd be a good guy to have in the playoffs, and if possible I wouldn't mind seeing Glencross added as well. That said, Sarich's salary lasts for another season, so I'm not sure how much that would play into a possible deal for him, even though we have the cap space to make it happen.

I'd be fine with Sarich replacing Jones. Even though Cory doesn't have the greatest mobility, he knows how to play angles and most importantly use his body to make up for his skating.

As was pointed out to me awhile back, I think Ritola would have to be put on waivers before he gets traded.

If Teddy's not involved, a prospect like Ashton would probably be asked for. Since Yzerman doesn't want to part with 1st, 2nd or 3rds, I think Purcell would likely be the best option to move if there was a deal for Regehr.
Yes, true, didn't remember that Ritola had to clear waivers

Old
01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
TBLHoser

vCash: 500
The only reason I'd take Kaberle is if they threw in a case of Cheese Curds. We don't need a d-man that can't play defence. And getting the curds would be the best thing out of the deal.

Old
01-30-2011, 10:19 PM
TBLHoser

Anybody on the Edmonton roster that would help us in exchange for Harju? That would pair him up with Omark again.... I'd wish for Whitney but he's going to cost....

Last edited by TBLHoser: 01-30-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I'd take Whitney or Hemsky, that's about it. Both are injured though, go figure.

Old
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
I'd take Whitney or Hemsky, that's about it. Both are injured though, go figure.
Figures.... I've always liked Sarich in Calgary but then again, that's $3.7M....

Old
01-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Anybody on the Edmonton roster that would help us in exchange for Harju? That would pair him up with Omark again.... I'd wish for Whitney but he's going to cost....
I'd take Pechkam or Smid.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:17 PM
IdealisticSniper

Well we know SFY doesnt want to trade any of our top 3 rounds picks... but what about the chance of him parting with Phillys 2nd rounder that we have.

I wonder if that will be explored. Although at this point IMO its a toss up of which pick will be higher between our 2nd and Phillys second so who knows.

Old
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Well we know SFY doesnt want to trade any of our top 3 rounds picks... but what about the chance of him parting with Phillys 2nd rounder that we have.

I wonder if that will be explored. Although at this point IMO its a toss up of which pick will be higher between our 2nd and Phillys second so who knows.
Especially considering that pick is a 2012 pick.

Old
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Klesla and Voracek rumoured to be in the block...

Old
02-03-2011, 07:50 PM
LightningThrice

I just dont want to see anymore of our young D-men moved. Ty Wishart was someone i was looking forward to and if we deal Smaby I will find a cliff somewhere in Tampa and jump off of it. That 2nd rounder and Blair Jones should land a pretty solid Dman I would think

Old
02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
backhandsauce

Foster for Harju?

Khabibulin for Smith

Do it, Do it

Old
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post
Foster for Harju?

Khabibulin for Smith

Do it, Do it
Foster for Harju?

We don't need Khabi, we're already rolling two below average goaltenders.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:49 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Mattias Ritola was fitted with a hearing aid Thursday. It is the latest attempt to control his Meniere's disease, which flared before warmups of the Jan. 25 game with the Maple Leafs, its first appearance in more than a month. [...]

Ritola uses the hearing aid in his right ear. Deaf in his left because of childhood viruses, he said, his right ear sometimes needs help. Not hearing clearly causes stress, and Ritola said doctors have told him stress can cause the disease to erupt with dizziness and headaches. "I stress a lot because I try to hear so much in the locker room, and it's kind of noises everywhere," said Ritola, scratched for three straight games and who takes medication. [...]

"He's got skill, and he's bringing grit," coach Guy Boucher said. "The issue is how do we get this guy to be available for any game?"

Especially as the Feb. 28 trade deadline approaches and GM Steve Yzerman assesses the roster. "We have to think about it," Yzerman said of where Ritola fits. "He's a good player. He's a valuable player, and we want him to play. And it's hard on Mattias because he wants to play. It's just the unpredictably of it."
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...isodes/1149781

Probably last chance for Ritola with the trade deadline nearing.

Old
02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

We're in a weird spot - we're a fairly good team and could make some noise with a few additions and I think Yzerman would like to make a move or two to be truly competitive because... well... if you're not winning you're wasting time.

On the other hand, just how good are we? Good enough to give up a top prospect and a first to bring in a #2 or #1 defenseman? I guess you could say with a true 1 or 2 guy, yeah, we're a much, much better team and can make noise, but is it the right time, and can we afford it?

Do we go the smart route and buy the econo car and have something dependable and affordable for years, or do we spend a little more and hope our new job grows into affording the Lexus?

Old
02-05-2011, 06:06 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Foster for Harju?

We don't need Khabi, we're already rolling two below average goaltenders.
Maybe he wants to keep HCSO on its toes

Old
02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
We're in a weird spot - we're a fairly good team and could make some noise with a few additions and I think Yzerman would like to make a move or two to be truly competitive because... well... if you're not winning you're wasting time.

On the other hand, just how good are we? Good enough to give up a top prospect and a first to bring in a #2 or #1 defenseman? I guess you could say with a true 1 or 2 guy, yeah, we're a much, much better team and can make noise, but is it the right time, and can we afford it?

Do we go the smart route and buy the econo car and have something dependable and affordable for years, or do we spend a little more and hope our new job grows into affording the Lexus?
We're leading the SE and 2nd in the Eastern conference, and I think everybody would agree that we'd be a very serious cup contender if we got a true #1 or #2 d-man as you said. If this isn't the time to go for it, I don't know what is. I can appreciate the approach Yzerman seems to be taking by preserving the future, but at the same time we are literally one piece away from making a very deep cup run. I honestly was a little disappointed when he said he wouldn't trade 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders for the next 2 years.

Old
02-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

How many #1 or #2 defenseman are available though, if at all exactly? Hawks aren't trading Seabrook if there in a playoff position. Ehrhoff is in the same boat, even more so with Edler out.

The best addition to the defense we could make without giving up a ransom is a guy like Montador or Leopold. Phillips doesn't interest me, he's been average at best this year.

He's no Honest Bob but the whole not trading top picks could be just be blowing smoke on SFY's part for all we know though.

Old
02-05-2011, 07:56 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Klesla and Voracek rumoured to be in the block...
I heard they're selling high on Voracek though

Old
02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
How many #1 or #2 defenseman are available though, if at all exactly? Hawks aren't trading Seabrook if there in a playoff position. Ehrhoff is in the same boat, even more so with Edler out.

The best addition to the defense we could make without giving up a ransom is a guy like Montador or Leopold. Phillips doesn't interest me, he's been average at best this year.

He's no Honest Bob but the whole not trading top picks could be just be blowing smoke on SFY's part for all we know though.
You're right about there not being many 1-2 D men available, and I should have said something like "legit 2-way" or something of the sort. I'd be fine with Montador on the team, but Phillips is the better player. He's just having a bad year on a bad team, but I think the change of scenery would do him some good. Any of Phillips, Montador, Leopold, Klesla, Beauchemin etc would help in varying degrees.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:34 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
You're right about there not being many 1-2 D men available, and I should have said something like "legit 2-way" or something of the sort. I'd be fine with Montador on the team, but Phillips is the better player. He's just having a bad year on a bad team, but I think the change of scenery would do him some good. Any of Phillips, Montador, Leopold, Klesla, Beauchemin etc would help in varying degrees.
Regehr gets mentioned a lot lately when it comes to "who could be available". But he's signed until 2012/13 at $4m plus he's got a NMC (rumor has it he waived it).

Old
02-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Regehr gets mentioned a lot lately when it comes to "who could be available". But he's signed until 2012/13 at $4m plus he's got a NMC (rumor has it he waived it).
If I'm not mistaken, Feaster said the other day that he won't be trading core players, and that includes Regehr.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

From the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk board:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
So on Hockeycentral tonight, around 6:30, Mike Brophy said that sources say Yzerman is interested in Beauchemin (as well as Phillips).

Old
02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
From the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk board:
Wouldn't be surprised if there is a deal around Beauchemin and Malone with something else coming back to Toronto with Malone.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if there is a deal around Beauchemin and Malone with something else coming back to Toronto with Malone.
Good luck getting Malone to waive his NTC.

Old
02-06-2011, 12:37 AM
TBLHoser

Phillips could be had relatively cheaply, but at -26, just how bad has he been?

Closed Thread