HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Today Feb 28th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2011, 11:52 PM
  #51
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
I think with Phillips having an awful statistical year, it opens the door for a relatively low risk deal. The fact that he is an impending UFA alongside his current struggles should only decrease his value, while I still feel he is capable of being the very solid shut down blueliner that he's been known to be. A change of scenery will only do him good the way I see it, and going to a playoff team will be a good opportunity for him to gain some $$$ when he becomes an FA. I'm not sure how badly Ottawa wants him back and what the chances are of Phillips returning north should a deal go down, but if necessary, a conditional pick could be added if Phillips re-signs.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 01:24 AM
  #52
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
From a Tampa Bay perspective, knowing that this year could be the year, if T.O offers you Clarke MacArthur, who to clarify is an UFA at season's end plus a 4th round pick in exchange for goaltender Dustin Tokarski, would you be inclined to accept?
1) Clarke MacArthur is an RFA
2) Goalies aren't worth much in general, let alone a hit-or-miss prospect
3) Leafs already have Gustavson, Reimer, Rynnas, and Scrivens to look forward to for the future
4) Unless we're getting a big, young, top-6 forward, MacArthur is not available

edit: even if Leafs didn't have the goaltending depth they do, MacArthur is worth more than Tokarski, Tampa would have to add, not the Leafs.

glucker is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 07:41 AM
  #53
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
I think with Phillips having an awful statistical year, it opens the door for a relatively low risk deal. The fact that he is an impending UFA alongside his current struggles should only decrease his value, while I still feel he is capable of being the very solid shut down blueliner that he's been known to be. A change of scenery will only do him good the way I see it, and going to a playoff team will be a good opportunity for him to gain some $$$ when he becomes an FA. I'm not sure how badly Ottawa wants him back and what the chances are of Phillips returning north should a deal go down, but if necessary, a conditional pick could be added if Phillips re-signs.
I agree, at worse he would be better than R. Jones so its an upgrade.

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 07:53 AM
  #54
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 133
While we all know how conclusive the +/- stat really is, let's take a look. The Sens have been terrible for almost the whole season. They have troubles putting the puck in the net. Only the Devils scored less goals in the East (117 vs 109) while the Sens are the second worst in goals against (174 vs Atlanta's 178). Their -57 goal differential is by far the worst in the East (Devils have -44, Isles -41).

So yeah, I don't really care about his +/- rating. We all know of what he's capable of. He's 3rd in TOI/G among Ottawa's D. He's leading their D-men in hits (78, +8 on 2nd D-man, 4th of the whole team, would be tied with Thompson at 4th with us), leads them in blocked shots (85, +10 on 2nd D-man, would be 3rd with us) and is 2nd in takeaways among D. Going from a bottom-feeder like Ottawa to a contender like us will work wonders for him, too.


Last edited by LightningStrikes: 02-06-2011 at 07:58 AM.
LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 09:39 AM
  #55
Tokala
Registered User
 
Tokala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Satellite Hotstove last night mentioned that the Leafs will probably look to move Kaberle, Versteeg, and Beauchmin. Beauchmin would be some help. but not much.

Tokala is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
  #56
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Damien said in his article today that SFY isn't interested in trading his 1st-3rd this year or next or is interested in anyone that's going to be a UFA at the end of the season. Unless Phillips resigns, that leaves Beauchemin.

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 10:42 AM
  #57
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Damien said in his article today that SFY isn't interested in trading his 1st-3rd this year or next or is interested in anyone that's going to be a UFA at the end of the season. Unless Phillips resigns, that leaves Beauchemin.
Even if Phillips re-signs, I don't think Ottawa would then flip him to Tampa. Seems to be in bad faith.

It means Beauchemin for prospects/players. Toronto wouldn't be interested in our picks anyway, since Burke always tries to jettison his own.

Given how Burke likes to build his teams, I could see Beauchemin costing us Pool Noodle, which I don't think balances out (if we don't win the cup).

Though I also don't see why we need Beauchemin to begin with.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 02-06-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 11:10 AM
  #58
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Even if Phillips re-signs, I don't think Ottawa would then flip him to Tampa. Seems to be in bad faith.

It means Beauchemin for prospects/players. Toronto wouldn't be interested in our picks anyway, since Burke always tries to jettison his own.

Given how Burke likes to build his teams, I could see Beauchemin costing us Pool Noodle, which I don't think balances out (if we don't win the cup).

Though I also don't see why we need Beauchemin to begin with.
It's probably all crap that Burke himself fed to HNIC trying to stir up interest. He's done it before...

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
  #59
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
He does it all the time, but I don't doubt that SY has called. We're in a great spot in the standings and with a little luck and decent matchups we could go far with our group.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
  #60
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Who the hell is pool noodle? Pouliot?

Pouliot and Harju for Beauchemin? I can't say I'd object to that.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
  #61
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,696
vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
Who the hell is pool noodle? Pouliot?

Pouliot and Harju for Beauchemin? I can't say I'd object to that.
Wright

__________________
Error 503 Service Unavailable
Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
  #62
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post
Wright
Why?

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
  #63
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,696
vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
Why?
Because he is skinny as a pool noodle.

Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 01:27 PM
  #64
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Phillips +- is way too far off from his career averages to take it too seriously, but it still has to be a bit of a concern. On the other hand, his takeaways/giveaways/blocks are all about on par for his season average, so i'm not worried.

Also i'd prefer Phillips because of this - Phillips has made a pairing. Hes been the anchor and big man. Beauch has had Nieds or Pronger on his side during his best years and playoff run in Anaheim. Now that hes with far less talented people in Toronto he is being exposed as someone who can eat big minutes but still makes bad choices with the puck.


Last edited by The Fear Boners: 02-06-2011 at 01:38 PM.
The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
  #65
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
Who the hell is pool noodle? Pouliot?

Pouliot and Harju for Beauchemin? I can't say I'd object to that.
Why would the Leafs do that?

Someone earlier said Malone + for Beauchemin... while it's not realistic due to Malone's NTC, that's the type of player Burke would want, big bodied top-6 forward.

However, Beauch won't be getting traded for some career AHLers

glucker is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
  #66
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Why would the Leafs do that?

Someone earlier said Malone + for Beauchemin... while it's not realistic due to Malone's NTC, that's the type of player Burke would want, big bodied top-6 forward.

However, Beauch won't be getting traded for some career AHLers

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
  #67
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Why would the Leafs do that?

Someone earlier said Malone + for Beauchemin... while it's not realistic due to Malone's NTC, that's the type of player Burke would want, big bodied top-6 forward.

However, Beauch won't be getting traded for some career AHLers
He won't be getting traded for anything close to Malone + either, get a clue.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 02:22 PM
  #68
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity
 
Major4Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Heaven
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
However, Beauch won't be getting traded for some career AHLers
OK then, geesh. You don't have a trade partner here. Go bother Anaheim or Calgary fan or something. Tallon's willing to clean house. There's a start. Maybe Burkie can re-hone his Jedi mind trick skills and consult Jabba the Tallon for Vokoun. Or I know, you can get McCabe back. Wait, that would actually make Tallon the Jedi Master. Nevermind.

You know, initially I was thinking that Beauch would be a great addition here, but that statement was made with thoughts of Free Agency awhile ago. Now I'm so annoyed I'll pass.

We're not parting with Ashton, Panik, or Connolly or anything preceding the 3rd round regarding picks. We say too much, you say not enough.

Well then, enough. Open sign is turned off. Closed sign is up. Bar's closed. "Ain't gotta go home but you can't stay here". Fin. Done, whatever term or phrase you want to use or add.

Nothing to see here.

Major4Boarding is online now  
Old
02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
  #69
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,696
vCash: 286
RT @darenmillard: #mapleleafs kessel "me and Ron don't really talk". "maybe it's just not working out Here." Wilson dropped him to 3rd line. Strong words

Maybe we can get Kessel on the cheap

Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
  #70
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Body like a bag of milk.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
  #71
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post
RT @darenmillard: #mapleleafs kessel "me and Ron don't really talk". "maybe it's just not working out Here." Wilson dropped him to 3rd line. Strong words

Maybe we can get Kessel on the cheap
wow that second part is taken way out of context.


And yes, I agree Leafs and Lightning aren't good trade partners, I came here to see what you guys thought of that rumour.

glucker is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
  #72
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,696
vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
wow that second part is taken way out of context.


And yes, I agree Leafs and Lightning aren't good trade partners, I came here to see what you guys thought of that rumour.
Taken out of context or not if your "best" player is saying that stuff to the media you have problems. Not that we would be interested in someone making over 5 million scoring at the same pace as Teddy Purcell anyway.

Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
  #73
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
The only one I'd take from Toronto is Schenn and even he's good for a few screw ups a game. But his asking price is not worth considering. That and every player there is worth a first rounder. Okay, I might consider Kulemin but we don't need him.

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 06:22 PM
  #74
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post
Taken out of context or not if your "best" player is saying that stuff to the media you have problems. Not that we would be interested in someone making over 5 million scoring at the same pace as Teddy Purcell anyway.
We definitely do have problems, the first one is Ron, the second one is Wilson.

Kessel's comments come after seeing his new linemates: Crabb and Boyce. Two guys who weren't even be top-6 on the Marlies.

glucker is offline  
Old
02-06-2011, 07:08 PM
  #75
Razzmatazz
Registered User
 
Razzmatazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
Leafs and Lightning aren't good trade partners
I remember the Leafs getting docked a draft pick for a trade that involved Olaf Kolzig not too long ago...

Razzmatazz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.