HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Today Feb 28th

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Alright Brad, hypothetical - if you can move say... Purcell, Mihalik, and a 4th for Chris Phillips AND replace teddy on the second line with Harju so you roll 12-4-24, would you do it?

Old
02-09-2011, 10:45 PM
topshelf15

Hey guys sorry to interupt just a quick question to settle an arguement .Can and does stamkos play on the wing from time to time

Old
02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Hey guys sorry to interupt just a quick question to settle an arguement .Can and does stamkos play on the wing from time to time
Nope.

Well... the way our system works, too, doesn't really warrant someone staying in a position so at times you will see him where a winger might normally be but it all depends on the forecheck and how successful it is, if it gets caught early he will jump to the outer edge in the 1-3-1 (but rarely, he normally plays the high man up front while Marty and whoever else will play the wall and whatever other position is available after the defenseman chooses, as Downie will work anywhere) but mostly no, hes a center and reacts accordingly.

Old
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Nope.
Thats what i thought with the wingers you guys have ,what do you think is worth more a center or a winger both of equal talent

Old
02-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Thats what i thought with the wingers you guys have ,what do you think is worth more a center or a winger both of equal talent
Thats too broad of a question. If you have a guy like Brad Richards who is a great setup guy but no wingers to play with him, then he looks bad. If you have a great scoring center like Crosby with bad wingers, he can still look pretty good. Same situations apply to wingers.

I think its easier for a center to adjust to wing than a wing to center, though.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:07 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Thats too broad of a question. If you have a guy like Brad Richards who is a great setup guy but no wingers to play with him, then he looks bad. If you have a great scoring center like Crosby with bad wingers, he can still look pretty good. Same situations apply to wingers.

I think its easier for a center to adjust to wing than a wing to center, though.
Thats what i mean i got flamed for saying fisher is an equvilent player to penner ,on another board .Fisher has had a bad year but career wise they roughly score about the same on average .I mentioned that most teams would go for a center just because they tend to like players that can play both which fisher and as you alluded to most centers can play wing.Am i far off with that assumption?

Old
02-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Alright Brad, hypothetical - if you can move say... Purcell, Mihalik, and a 4th for Chris Phillips AND replace teddy on the second line with Harju so you roll 12-4-24, would you do it?
I'd be lukewarm if that deal went down. If it did, I'd want Bergenheim playing on Vinny's line, and to be honest I'd use Harju as trade bait if it could make the difference. Purcell's value is really increasing as is the chemistry on his line, so if we're going to give that up, I'd personally like to see it in an attempt for a Regehr or Seabrook, who I feel are a tier above Phillips at this point. With that said, I think it would make us immediately better.

As you know, I've been fine with the idea of trading Purcell, but with the chemistry between him, Vinny and Gagne, I think I'd want back a bottom 6 NHL forward along with a solid defenseman. I'd also throw in a conditional pick for guys like Phillips and Seabrook.

In the end, I'll say that I would be OK with Purcell being dealt if we acquired any of the following:

Seabrook
Kaberle
Phillips
Ehrhoff
Possibly Bieksa

Again keep in mind there would have to be work done around the main components, but I think any of the above players would give us a chance to go deep. However, Ehrhoff and Bieksa especially don't seem to be realistic options, and that's more an idea of the caliber of players I'd consider dealing Teddy for if the price was right.

There are a good number of upcoming FA d-men that intrigue me though, and they include:

Brewer
Jovanovski
Ericsson
Hejda
White
Stuart

Then, there's guys like Montador or Martinek who wouldn't be big impact guys, but can help us down the stretch (especially the latter).

What are your thoughts? Any guys in particular you'd like to see here?

Old
02-09-2011, 11:17 PM
IdealisticSniper

I want Weber. I dont care how he gets it done. Give up a 1st+Ashton+Panik LOL... get me Weber. With Weber we are instant cup contender this season. Sign him in the offseason. Get a goalie like Vokoun or Nabokov and boom Dyyyynasty

Old
02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I want Weber. I dont care how he gets it done. Give up a 1st+Ashton+Panik LOL... get me Weber. With Weber we are instant cup contender this season. Sign him in the offseason. Get a goalie like Vokoun or Nabokov and boom Dyyyynasty
That'd work too.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Right on, just thinking out loud. Purcell is growing quickly and I wonder just what his ceiling is.

I'm not sure who/when i'd quite like to have here. I have reservations about Phillips but at the minimum he could be a great teacher. Seabrook would be a massive upgrade in physicality and brings a fantastic skillset in both defensive play and offensive production. To me, hes a guy that is built for our system. If there were a way to pry him away and get him signed for a reasonable rate he would be excellent for this team. Jovanovski is also very underrated and I think would work well here, as well as White. Hejda i'm iffy on, Brewer i'm comfortable with but would like to see others before him. Ericsson needs to grow just a bit more defensively but I really, really like him.

To me, if i'm dealing Teddy, i'm getting Seabrook.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Seabrook for Panik, Quick, 3rd?

Old
02-09-2011, 11:29 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Right on, just thinking out loud. Purcell is growing quickly and I wonder just what his ceiling is.

I'm not sure who/when i'd quite like to have here. I have reservations about Phillips but at the minimum he could be a great teacher. Seabrook would be a massive upgrade in physicality and brings a fantastic skillset in both defensive play and offensive production. To me, hes a guy that is built for our system. If there were a way to pry him away and get him signed for a reasonable rate he would be excellent for this team. Jovanovski is also very underrated and I think would work well here, as well as White. Hejda i'm iffy on, Brewer i'm comfortable with but would like to see others before him. Ericsson needs to grow just a bit more defensively but I really, really like him.

To me, if i'm dealing Teddy, i'm getting Seabrook.
That's a fair viewpoint for sure. I can't even tell you how pleased I would be if Stevie Y could land Seabrook.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Seabrook for Panik, Quick, 3rd?
I'm rather against trading Panik, but if that offer came along I'd have to think long and hard about it. I'd replace Panik with Harju and Ritola, and change the pick to a 2nd.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

You know, where do you guys think Ericsson fits in Detroits future?

Old
02-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I Am Beat You

I think Ericsson is definitely in Detroit's plans as a solid middle paring guy who can bring it in more ways than one.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
I'm rather against trading Panik, but if that offer came along I'd have to think long and hard about it. I'd replace Panik with Harju and Ritola, and change the pick to a 2nd.
Understood - I think they'll want someone whos slightly more of a top six "sure thing" although at this point i'd say Harju is more of a sure thing than Panik. Harju and Wright i'd consider, too. I'd assume that CHI would want a defensive prospect back but they also have Leddy, Vish, and a few other guys, so who knows.

They're really in need of some cap space.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:44 PM
IdealisticSniper

I would trade any of our prospects not named Tokarski or Ashton or Connolly for Seabrook.

If we are targeting a guy who would be top 2 and who we can resign in the offseason I would say Seabrook and Weber should be at the top of the list and anything not named aboved (or even moving Ashton to be honest) or a ton of picks (even a 1st is ok as long as its not multiples, shoudl be in play.

It would be like drafting one of them with our first round pick next season. I think Id be ok with that.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Weber just isn't possible. Poile is a very bright man.

On the other hand, CHI is in cap hell. Honestly, I think it can be done and a bit cheaper than we think given we would have to resign him. On one hand I say don't sacrifice the future, but on the other I say with a guy like Seabrook we solidify the future, have someone who has won before, and let Hedman grow with him as well as Lundin. If we even gave up Panik and a first, honestly, i'd be okay with that (as long as we resign him).

Old
02-09-2011, 11:53 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Weber just isn't possible. Poile is a very bright man.

On the other hand, CHI is in cap hell. Honestly, I think it can be done and a bit cheaper than we think given we would have to resign him. On one hand I say don't sacrifice the future, but on the other I say with a guy like Seabrook we solidify the future, have someone who has won before, and let Hedman grow with him as well as Lundin. If we even gave up Panik and a first, honestly, i'd be okay with that (as long as we resign him).
Oh believe me I know that Weber is like an astronomical dream haha. but dont forget he is RFA and Nashville is a budget team who might not think they can afford him and Suter and the few other guys that will need some money in the offseason. Its definitely a pipe dream but hey...we can dream right.

As for Seabrook. I do think he is attainable for the right price. He will need to be resigned but I dont see that being a problem for around 4.5M or so cap hit which we can definitely afford. He would instantly be top pairing guy who can play 25+ mins a game. I would have zero problem giving up a first (especially in this years draft) + a prospect like Panik or Fadden or especially Harju (I think he bolts, no pun intended, back to the SEL after this year and we never hear from him again if he doesnt get up to the NHL this year to stay).

Maybe Panik+Philly 2nd+ Mihalik would start a conversation with Chicago.

Having a top 3 of Hedman-Lundin-Seabrook for the next XX amount of years is pretty damn solid. I would say Hedman and Seabrook would be an insane top pairing for a long time. Lundin would be a perfect number 4. We would need to find a number 3 somewhere at some time if one of our guys cant eventually grow into it but for now having Clark/Ohlund/Kubina in there isnt too bad either IMO.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Perhaps even a goaltending prospect.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:56 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Perhaps even a goaltending prospect.
After acquiring Salak today I dont think Chicago will be looking for another goalie prospect to be honest. But if they are they can have Janus or Helenius or Koshchekin or Zador for all I care lol.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I Am Beat You

The only prospect who I would say we shouldn't trade at any cost realistically is Connolly. I like Panik and I wouldn't want him traded simply because I'm very intrigued by the player he could be down the road at this level. But, when the Seabrooks of the world are involved, top prospects are good to go. However, I wouldn't want to add a 1st rounder to a player like Ashton or Panik. I want to see how Yzerman and company follow up their great draft last year, and I think with assets such as Harju, Wright, Ritola, Philly's 2nd etc., adding that first wouldn't be necessary.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:08 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2891 View Post
The only prospect who I would say we shouldn't trade at any cost realistically is Connolly. I like Panik and I wouldn't want him traded simply because I'm very intrigued by the player he could be down the road at this level. But, when the Seabrooks of the world are involved, top prospects are good to go. However, I wouldn't want to add a 1st rounder to a player like Ashton or Panik. I want to see how Yzerman and company follow up their great draft last year, and I think with assets such as Harju, Wright, Ritola, Philly's 2nd etc., adding that first wouldn't be necessary.
You know, I wonder if the waivers Ritola just went through would constitute him going on waivers before being traded or if they are separate entities.

If its the former thats interesting as now he could be traded (if someone wanted him of course).

Old
02-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I wonder how willing CHI is. They'll have 15 mil in cap space, but they still have to sign nearly half a team. Frolik has two 20 goal seasons under his belt and will be an RFA so you figure he'll get mid 2 million, perhaps 3.

Cap status: ~13 million

Corey Crawford is an RFA who has been over .910 and will be also getting a bit of a raise or walking. If he walks, they have ZERO goaltenders. Say Turco walks and Crawford gets that money tacked on his 800k for a total of 2.1, so you're still at 13 million. You go out and get a backup on the cheap, say a million.

Cap status: 12 million

Hendry and Boynton make league minimum and are both UFAs. That clears a million but you're looking for two more at a million overall. Uhhh.

Now you also have 4 RFAs and 3 UFAs. ALL of those are under 1.275, including 3 under 550k.

A lot of money comes off the books for CHI but if they give Seabrook his market value, they've got like 40 ****ing dollars to sign about 9 people.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
I wonder how willing CHI is. They'll have 15 mil in cap space, but they still have to sign nearly half a team. Frolik has two 20 goal seasons under his belt and will be an RFA so you figure he'll get mid 2 million, perhaps 3.

Cap status: ~13 million

Corey Crawford is an RFA who has been over .910 and will be also getting a bit of a raise or walking. If he walks, they have ZERO goaltenders. Say Turco walks and Crawford gets that money tacked on his 800k for a total of 2.1, so you're still at 13 million. You go out and get a backup on the cheap, say a million.

Cap status: 12 million

Hendry and Boynton make league minimum and are both UFAs. That clears a million but you're looking for two more at a million overall. Uhhh.

Now you also have 4 RFAs and 3 UFAs. ALL of those are under 1.275, including 3 under 550k.

A lot of money comes off the books for CHI but if they give Seabrook his market value, they've got like 40 ****ing dollars to sign about 9 people.
How about Desjardins?

I know that won't go over well here, but I'd be curious as to what he could help fetch, as I personally think our goalie situation would be fine without him.

Closed Thread