HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ales Kotalik Clears Waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2011, 06:55 PM
  #51
CoRD
Shots Fired
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 50
Sutter did sign Tanguay and Morrison last offseason. Iginlas current linemates. Yep... TERRIBLE signings.

I'm not the biggest Sutter fan but the blind hate needs to stop now.

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:19 PM
  #52
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Sutter did sign Tanguay and Morrison last offseason. Iginlas current linemates. Yep... TERRIBLE signings.

I'm not the biggest Sutter fan but the blind hate needs to stop now.
It was clear Sutter did some dumb things and had to go.

They fired him for a reason


That said, it's not what he did right but stupid things like trading for Jokinen, Kotalik and Staios that did him in

As somebody said, bad scouting were probably the problem....they had no clue that Jokinen and Kotalik were on the down slide. Sutter traded for them because of what they could do a few years ago not knowing what they still can do today

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 07:31 PM
  #53
CoRD
Shots Fired
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
It was clear Sutter did some dumb things and had to go.

They fired him for a reason


That said, it's not what he did right but stupid things like trading for Jokinen, Kotalik and Staios that did him in

As somebody said, bad scouting were probably the problem....they had no clue that Jokinen and Kotalik were on the down slide. Sutter traded for them because of what they could do a few years ago not knowing what they still can do today
Yep I agree. It's just when people say things like "the last 2 years were all terrible".. like really dude? He made more bad moves than good, but he still made some great moves that deserve recognition.

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:02 PM
  #54
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Prust's production is irrelevant because he wouldn't produce like that here
It's relevant if only to emphasize how ineffective Kotalik has been since the trade, when you consider he was acquired for his offensive ability.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:23 PM
  #55
tyflames
Baertschi is God
 
tyflames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 335
"I want to start rewarding our players in Abbotsford who have earned and deserve recalls, and I want to give Brent more options with respect to his line-up and sitting players who are not delivering," Flames general manager Jay Feaster said. "This assignment gives us the roster flexibility we need going forward, and it demonstrates that we are serious about doing whatever it takes to continue our push to make the playoffs."

Today agree with Feaster on this. If the players don't preform they should pay for it. Pushes players to play harder and better.

tyflames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
  #56
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
It's relevant if only to emphasize how ineffective Kotalik has been since the trade, when you consider he was acquired for his offensive ability.
Kotalik's production as a Flame was more than Prust produced as a Flame... so they did in fact increase production

Kotlik sucked and has lost an NHL job as a result... but him sucking doesn't make Prust any better than he was... which he really wasn't.. not here anyways

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 03:23 PM
  #57
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Kotalik's production as a Flame was more than Prust produced as a Flame... so they did in fact increase production

Kotlik sucked and has lost an NHL job as a result... but him sucking doesn't make Prust any better than he was... which he really wasn't.. not here anyways
it's sad that someone actually try to argue Kotalik > Prust


Last edited by Noori: 01-31-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: flaming
Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
  #58
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Kotalik's production as a Flame was more than Prust produced as a Flame... so they did in fact increase production

Kotlik sucked and has lost an NHL job as a result... but him sucking doesn't make Prust any better than he was... which he really wasn't.. not here anyways
What you say is true - at most Prust is an above average pest, and essentially a dime a dozen. Now if only Kotalik could piss off the opposing team as much as he frustrated Flames fans, we'd have a keeper.


Last edited by Noori: 01-31-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: qep
Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 04:55 PM
  #59
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What you say is true - at most Prust is an above average pest, and essentially a dime a dozen. Now if only Kotalik could piss off the opposing team as much as he frustrated Flames fans, we'd have a keeper.
meh, its not our money

in the end we no longer have Kotalik and we have Jackman who has done everything Prust did and then some

I also think Stefan Meyer during his time with the big club brought the same thing as Prust did

___________

i think we can all agree on one thing though... we hope Kotalik can revive his career in Abbotsford, because if he does it will mean great things for the Heat. If Kotalik can get back what he used to show when he was a Sabre and Oiler he could score alot of goals for Abbotsford.

in the end I hope this simple math works out...

Abbotsford Heat + Ales Kotalik = Calder Cup

and yes I am well aware that it he may not help at all


Last edited by Noori: 01-31-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: qep
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 05:33 PM
  #60
flames123
Registered User
 
flames123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I highly doubt he'd get claimed on re-entry, but if he did it would suck to be stuck with $1.5M next year for a player who isn't on the team. At the same time, I don't want to see him sent to Abbotsford either. Should be interesting to see what happens. Isn't there any way the Flames could find him a place to place in Europe? And if that were the case, would we still be stuck with half his contract?
Kotalik or the Flames could find a place for him to play in Europe and then that team would pay the Flames (say maybe 500k if we are lucky) for his services. We would still be paying him 3M but the he wouldn't play for us and we would get a payment for his services. Much like the Chicago/Huet situation. I don't think retirement is an option for Kotalik and I don't think the AHL is an option for more than the remainder of this season. This should be interesting.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.