HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Francois Beauchemin to Vancouver

Old
01-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Barney Gumble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
When I started this thread, I had no idea it would turn out to look like this.
I just got home from work and had a good laugh.

4. Saying Stralman is a better option than Beachemin because he's "as good" is also wrong.
It is wrong. He's a better option (or an equivalent player) because he'll be a cheaper insurance policy. Again, I repeat, in both terms of cap hits and what will needed to be given up. I personally would do nothing until later as nothing needs to be done right now given the team's respective position in the standings.

The core players aren't getting any younger but neither are they in their last legs. Any moves should be careful balance of short-term and long-term goals (yeah, it's a cliche'd response but it is what it).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:14 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I agree with this statement.

Hey guys, want something that actually pertains to the Canucks need?
Well how bout Tim Brent? UFA at the end of the year, a natural Centre, capable producer.
Our top LW prospect is most likely Sergei Shirokov, tho I honestly doubt Toronto wants a prospect with limited NHL experience.

So I'd be willing to work around Tim Brent Jerry D'Amigo for Mason Raymond.
I'm a big Raymond fan, but the sheer depth in the Vancouver organization gives me a small sense of hope that Raymond can be replaced within the organization or at least by Jerry.
Brent would line up on the 4th line.

Raymond would most likely become your top line LW. Has scored 25 goals before, but isn't on pace for 25 this year.

We would clear quite a bit of cap room as well, allowing for Edler n Salo to be in the line up at the same time.

Toronto gains a young piece known by management, and an obvious need for a young team.

How bout it Toronto?
Where does Toronto sign? Tim Brent is really not much of an NHL player. Would they trade him for a 4th-5th round pick? problably not, but Vancouver could easily get someone of his calibre for a 4th-5th rounder.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:17 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Wow...just ****ing WOW at some of the Leaf fans in this thread.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:17 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Could we pry away that 1st?

We'll even thrown in John Mitchell, we know how much you need that 4th line centre

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:27 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Okay.

Beauchemin might not have horrid numbers if he played in Vancouver.

If Hamhuis or Ballard played in TO, they'd have just as atrocious numbers as who's currently there.

Toronto's D is awesome, the entire rest of the team just sucks.

Burke and Nonis are just pretending to completely lose the plot when it comes to rebuilding teams.

But we still don't want or need Beauchemin. And TO sure as bloody hell isn't getting Burrows or Raymond for him.

Oh, and Brett Lebda also won the Stanley Cup, so he must be terrific too, right?

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:30 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Seriously, I'd be happy with a 2nd and a ok prospect at this point

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Canucker

Personally I wouldn't want the loser taint of a Leaf player on our team, they might bring that negative vibe to our dressing room. Plus, they've been poorly coached and would take too long break them of all their poor habits. I'm happier playing with our AHL'ers.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Personally I wouldn't want the loser taint of a Leaf player on our team, they might bring that negative vibe to our dressing room.
Yeah, you wouldn't want to bring some Stanley Cup experience to taint the decades of winning culture in Canucks dressing room.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:56 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
only team i see beauch going to is SJ, WAS, MTL, DALL

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Yeah, you wouldn't want to bring some Stanley Cup experience to taint the decades of winning culture in Canucks dressing room.
Sorry, we already have untained Stanley Cup experience in our dressing room. Beauchemin is overpriced and overrated, not sure why you want to get rid of him, he seems to fit the Leafs structure to a tee. Thanks for the offer though.

Old
01-28-2011, 02:03 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
It is wrong. He's a better option (or an equivalent player) because he'll be a cheaper insurance policy. Again, I repeat, in both terms of cap hits and what will needed to be given up. I personally would do nothing until later as nothing needs to be done right now given the team's respective position in the standings.

The core players aren't getting any younger but neither are they in their last legs. Any moves should be careful balance of short-term and long-term goals (yeah, it's a cliche'd response but it is what it).
I'd hope Gillis goes all in this year to get it done. He did a great job filling their holes from last year, being defensive depth and bottom 6 depth. They don't need much and won't need to give up much to get what they need. Maybe we can help out with a salary dump?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:32 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Gillis doesn't trade with Burke. In fact, given his spotty record with trades, he shouldn't do any, at all. I doubt he does.

Lsat season, the Canucks had a lot of positives, but when faced with the need to add pieces at the deadline, Gillis choked. He added a hinderance (Alberts, who was useless) and did not recognize blaring needs.

He still doesn't get it. Injuries will continue to haunt the team until it has someone to handle physical challenges. Why? Because guys like Bieksa try to fight and guys like Edler try to make big hits. How has that worked out so far?

Canucks will blunder along until they are out of defencemen, again. No help needed.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Gillis doesn't trade with Burke. In fact, given his spotty record with trades, he shouldn't do any, at all. I doubt he does.

Lsat season, the Canucks had a lot of positives, but when faced with the need to add pieces at the deadline, Gillis choked. He added a hinderance (Alberts, who was useless) and did not recognize blaring needs.

He still doesn't get it. Injuries will continue to haunt the team until it has someone to handle physical challenges. Why? Because guys like Bieksa try to fight and guys like Edler try to make big hits. How has that worked out so far?

Canucks will blunder along until they are out of defencemen, again. No help needed.
Your posts are so wrong that I'm not sure they are worthy of an attempt to correct them. So I shall... then and finally .

Old
01-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Rover*

Quote:

Seems like it is working out pretty well since they are one of the top teams in the league.

Quote:

Did you miss the whole signing Hamhuis(missed 3 games over the last 4 season) and trading Ballard(didn't miss a game over the last 3 season and played 82 games in 4 of the last 5)?

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 03:43 AM
pullyoursocksup

canucks are not interested. period.

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 03:45 AM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:

brutal post, just brutal, sad to see that you dont know your hometeam whatsoever

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Bgav
No wait a second here, you seriously think beauchemin is better then hamhuis?

Hamhuis is better then him, in every single aspect of the game. He skates better, he hits harder, he can outproduce him, he is younger, he is MUCH better defensively.

There is nothing at all that beauchemin does that's better then hamhuis.

And you also said Schenn is > edler?. Come the **** on here, Edler plays 24+ min a game, he is on pace for what 56 points?, He is Huge on defensive , has a gritty edge, and stepped up big in the playoffs.

You don't have a clue.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Keith Ballard, Mikael Samuelsson and Raffi Torres for Phil Kessel and Mikhail Grabovski.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Mizral

I'm not sure the Leafs really have what Vancouver is looking for. As other posters have mentioned the organization needs of Vancouver appear to be a 4th line centre and possibly another winger with some size. At D the team is pretty solid even under the current situation with Salo & Edler out, that still means that they can suit up Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Ballard and have the rest of the lineup mixed with young guys who have done well for us.

Tanev & Sweatt both look really quite good at their ages and I'd rather stick with them for now. Ask me again at the trade deadline and I might be whistling a different tune.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
a pony

Quote:

In a thread filled with terrible posters somehow you manage to stand out of the crowd. Congratulations I guess?

a pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Model T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Sorry, I at least tried to be objective, had stats and what not. Where was your evidence?
As many of us have learned, there is no argument so eloquent, no set of stats so compelling, and no truths so obvious that jfried can't respond "you're wrong and I'm smarter than you" and totally ignore everything you've said.

I wish trolling were punishable by banning but it's apparently not, so the best we can do is ignore him.

Model T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:18 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
Great track record by Burke there. He was GM for 6 years and has 4 of his draft picks that made the NHL. 3 of them are first rounders, the other is Bieksa.

#2. Dave Nonis drafted guys like White, Grabner, Ellington & Bourdon over players that were no brainers to be drafted higher.

Nonis missed the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons while he was GM. Great track record there. Burke won 1 playoff round in his 6 years.

They laid down a pretty good base for what has happened today but it was clear that NEITHER of them had the vision to address team needs. Burke was terrible at addressing goaltending talent (something that has followed him to toronto) and Nonis was simply terrible at addressing offense.

Mike Gillis has done a solid job of surrounding those players with depth so that it lightens their load.

Luongo - Nonis
Schneider - Nonis

Hamhuis - Gillis
Ehrhoff - Gillis
Alberts - Gillis
Ballard - Gillis
Bieksa - Burke
Edler - Nonis
Salo - Burke
Rome - Gillis

Sedin - Burke
Sedin - Burke
Kesler - Burke

Raymond - Nonis
Burrows - Nonis
Malhotra - Gillis
Torres - Gillis
Samuelsson - Gillis
Glass - Gillis
Hansen - Nonis
Bolduc - Nonis

of those players - Nonis - 7, Burke - 5, Gillis -9.

Interesting how you came up with that 80% # that apparently Burke and Nonis had.
Luongo - Nonis

Sedin - Burke
Sedin - Burke
Kesler - Burke

Do you really have to go any further than those 4 names?

those are the names that make your team great right now.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
zeke
#freewilly

as for Hamhuis-Beauchemin, they're two very similar players, but Beauch is more proven getting big time minutes, and on top cup contending teams. Playing 30minutes per night for a cup winner, playing more playoff minutes than any other player on that cup winning team, is no mean feat. averaging a hair under 25mpg is also extremely impressive for any dman, but especially for a dman who doesn't get top PP minutes.

that being said, Beauch to the canucks isn't a fit, I don't think. The last thing the canucks need is yet another "good/very good but not great defenseman". They have 6-7 of those already.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:30 PM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Yeah, those Stanley Cup rings Giguere and Lebda sport have really brought that winning culture to TO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Luongo - Nonis

Sedin - Burke
Sedin - Burke
Kesler - Burke

So? Burke and Nonis did do some good things here. But 3/4 of those names only became dominant players after Burke and Nonis were canned.

And as so many fans of so many other teams are so fond of pointing out, the Canucks haven't won ****.

Still don't want Beauchemin.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Luongo - Nonis

Sedin - Burke
Sedin - Burke
Kesler - Burke

Thank you for completely pissing on the rest of this team. Our defense isn't important, nor are our skaters minus those three. Bravo.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote