HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/27 McGinn, Ferriero to Worcester

Old
01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsSharks View Post
Exactly. That is why I am looking forward to seeing him and McCarthy in Worcester this weekend. Both give 110 percent on all shifts and good things happpen, at least in the AHL.
Are there typically a lot of people at these games? My So Cal group will be there next weekend!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
triplea112

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic8 View Post
Although I understand the demotion of McGinn I believe many are strictly looking at his stats then passing judgement that he is a useless player. I beg to differ with that mindset. One important thing that I have always admired about McGinn is that he gives it everything on every shift. Unfortunately, his scoring, or lack thereof, is the ONLY focal point of objection.
he's taken some bad penalties too..

triplea112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Are there typically a lot of people at these games? My So Cal group will be there next weekend!
Vs Providence Bruins probably about 5000. You're going to get a whole different vibe at an AHL game....

Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 12:57 PM
SJeasy

I have seen both Mitchell and McGinn do the same thing; turn away from prime scoring areas on the cycle. They aren't finding the white space that is 10 to 15 feet in front of the net. Not looking for that space doesn't just cause the player to not score; it causes the line to not score. At that point, they have to be that much better defensively. They need to take lessons from Nichol who has less skill. Beyond that McGinn is not all that good defensively; McCarthy is better. The lack of scoring and some goals against is a net minus for the team and the Sharks will look to greener pastures unless both Mitchell and McGinn balance out that number.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
BruinsSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post

Let me put it this way, at most games you can stretch out and have the whole row to yourself. Most games my son and I have the option of picking what area of the ice we want to sit in the first row on the glass. At weeknight games, I think Mike Mudd shakes everyone's hand personally and thanks them for coming.

It is a shame really as the level of play (Leach excluded) is very good and even though they are in a tough stretch lately games are usually close. It is worth getting season tickets just to watch Stalock (and Logan last year.)

BruinsSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Chaotic8
Boarding Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplea112 View Post
he's taken some bad penalties too..
At this point and with the way the season has panned out thus far, who hasn't taken bad penalties. Niemi doesn't count as he has 0 PIM.

Chaotic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

@brodiebrazilCSN Brodie Brazil
Goaltender Stalock is reassigned to Worcester, will join McGinn and Ferriero. #sjsharks

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
triplea112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic8 View Post
At this point and with the way the season has panned out thus far, who hasn't taken bad penalties. Niemi doesn't count as he has 0 PIM.
no argument there.

triplea112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Kitten Mittons

Stalock will play better in Worcester. He now has some NHL experience, after all.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:55 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Stalock will play better in Worcester. He now has some NHL experience, after all.
Funny Ya he knows how to keep faceoff stats now.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 02:59 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
@brodiebrazilCSN Brodie Brazil
Goaltender Stalock is reassigned to Worcester, will join McGinn and Ferriero. #sjsharks
Another $850K (prorated daily) cap hit saved.

They must also have activated Niittymaki from IR to meet the minimum Playing Roster requirement - 18 skaters and 2 goalies.

Niitty went on IR (regular IR, not LTIR) on 1/20 and would have been eligible to be activated yesterday - after 7 days. IR or not, he still gets 4 more days of rest/recovery before the first game after the break.

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Vs Providence Bruins probably about 5000. You're going to get a whole different vibe at an AHL game....
I've been to ECHL games so I know. Went to a ton of Las Vegas Wrangler games last few years back. (Calgary's farm team). And I do know the AHL too.

Either way our group loves Hockey no matter what! Shoot I even went to last years playoff game of Nucks/Kings for Game 3. Not our team but close to us as far as going to see a live PO team last year (before I went to SJ Game 5 of DET and we all know how that turned out).

Old
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

What a loser. Bring those skills back up with ya next time

@WorcesterSharks Worcester Sharks
Sharks lead 3-1 after 2 periods of play... Jamie McGinn has 2 goals... Cam MacIntyre the other... Stalock has been sharp in goal.

Old
01-29-2011, 08:51 PM
BruinsSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
What a loser. Bring those skills back up with ya next time

@WorcesterSharks Worcester Sharks
Sharks lead 3-1 after 2 periods of play... Jamie McGinn has 2 goals... Cam MacIntyre the other... Stalock has been sharp in goal.
Both McGinn goals were all Ferriero. The last one he blew by the the PVD defensemen and set up McGinn for a short handed gimme. After the break I don't see how they could send up anyone but Ferriero. Clearly the best forward on the ice tonight.

Cheechoo is looking slow out there. Too bad as he was so strong to start the season.

BruinsSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Both McGinn goals were all Ferriero. The last one he blew by the the PVD defensemen and set up McGinn for a short handed gimme. After the break I don't see how they could send up anyone but Ferriero. Clearly the best forward on the ice tonight.

Cheechoo is looking slow out there. Too bad as he was so strong to start the season.
Well now I feel better

Seriously, thanks for the info.

Old
01-29-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Cheechoo is banged up but is determined to keep chugging away...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:36 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Nice to se McGinn score a couple, that will go a long way to help his confidence if he's called back up to the NHL this season.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Just trying to figure out rosters here. I see that McGinn is still on the SJ Sharks roster, but he's also out in Worcester and still on theirs. If we don't get Ginner back, we will have have only 10 forwards. Is Ginner coming back and we run 7 D or will Ferriero come back for tomorrow as well?

slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Just trying to figure out rosters here. I see that McGinn is still on the SJ Sharks roster, but he's also out in Worcester and still on theirs. If we don't get Ginner back, we will have have only 10 forwards. Is Ginner coming back and we run 7 D or will Ferriero come back for tomorrow as well?
Prior to any post-ASG movement, the Sharks have 7D and 10F available for Tuesday's game. (Nichol still has one more game to serve in suspension; Mitchell is on LTIR and has another dozen days/5 games before he can return to play.)

So, at least one forward will be recalled for Tuesday's game. If McLellan would like to go with 6/12 rather than 7/11, there will be two recalled.

Practice isn't until like 3pm. Emmons covering. Ergo, I don't expect any news until just before dinner time.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Prior to any post-ASG movement, the Sharks have 7D and 10F available for Tuesday's game. (Nichol still has one more game to serve in suspension; Mitchell is on LTIR and has another dozen days/5 games before he can return to play.)

So, at least one forward will be recalled for Tuesday's game. If McLellan would like to go with 6/12 rather than 7/11, there will be two recalled.

Practice isn't until like 3pm. Emmons covering. Ergo, I don't expect any news until just before dinner time.
Roger that, LS. Thank you

@!($ patience is what I say

Old
01-31-2011, 02:52 PM

I expect Ferriero and McCarthy to be recalled and McGinn staying in Worcester for awhile. I'll be a little surprised if McGinn is recalled, but won't be surprised if McCarthy isn't.

Old
01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I expect Ferriero and McCarthy to be recalled and McGinn staying in Worcester for awhile. I'll be a little surprised if McGinn is recalled, but won't be surprised if McCarthy isn't.
Thanks for the east coast insight. Would you say McCarthy's assignment to Worcester was more for conditioning?

Old
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I figure McCarthy. They have one more game without Nichol and McCarthy's game is the closest. After that they need one wing for the third line, McGinn or Ferriero. With everyone healthy, Eager/Nichol/Mayers looks like the 4th line which is written in stone. IMO, you are right on McGinn because of the waiver issue and his performance this year.

Questions of curiosity related to the future. Does Mash get much PP time in Woostah? Which line is he most frequently on 5on5, 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:43 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Cause we all know how badly this team needs Nichol against the Ducks. I'll be there this Wednesday and let you know who is there but you'll probably already know before I get to the scum pond.

Old
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Thanks for the east coast insight. Would you say McCarthy's assignment to Worcester was more for conditioning?
My guess it was cap relief with the added benefit of getting in a couple of games.