HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers 6th RD #169 LW Jordan Foote

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 09:08 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Rangers 6th RD #169 LW Jordan Foote

6'3" 195lbs left handed out of Nanaimo BCHL

Still no D-Men

Old
06-27-2004, 09:15 AM
dropthegloves

vCash:
1. Excellent pick. Any guy that fast for his size and that much of a team player is worth the pick here.

2. We don't need defense at all in this draft. The draft was not great for defenseman and with a very strong draft next year we have plenty of picks to use on defense.

3. Our defense prospects are breaking thru now and much more will by next year. I expect Tyutin, Kondratiev and Pock to make the team and wouldn't be surprised to see Liffiton, Lampman and Beranka all pushing onto the team next year.

Old
06-27-2004, 10:36 AM
TrampsLikeUs

Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
I'm very excited about this pick. I love what HF has to say about him at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=4002

Big, super speed, loves to hit, "defensive conscience on the ice." Looks like he could be a late round steal.

Old
06-27-2004, 12:24 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
"The joke in Nanaimo is that there's footspeed and then there is 'Foote-Speed'. Jordan Foote is a heck of a skater and can really fly around the rink. His feet seem to never stop moving, thus making him look even faster. Foote is a great energy player who can not only skate, but hit well. He loves to play in traffic and is excellent in front of the net. Another great intangible Foote displays is his penchant for going down to block shots. Because of that, as well as his tenacious attitude on the ice, he has developed a reputation as a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve; a player who puts the team first and the individual second. As a goal scorer, Foote is more opportunistic than anything, though he displays good hands and shooting skills. He doesn't seem to pursue his offensive chances as much as linemate Sawada does. Jordan takes his defensive responsibility very seriously, and often has become the defensive conscience of the line."

Certainly does seem like a steal.

Old
06-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

He'll be playing at Michigan Tech next year.

Good late rounder.

Old
06-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Skroob*

one thing i do like about most of our picks so far, they are all character guys.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Classic does-one-thing-really-well late round pick. If the rest of his game rounds out, we get ourselves a real asset in the 6th round.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Edge

defensive center with great wheels.

might add a little offense but won't really be a banger.

Could be a solid defensive forward who chips in the odd point. Think along the line of a Rem Murray type potentially.

Old
06-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
He'll be playing at Michigan Tech next year.

Good late rounder.
Not absolutely sure, but I believe he might be going to Michigan Tech in 2005

Old
06-28-2004, 09:30 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
defensive center with great wheels.

might add a little offense but won't really be a banger.

Could be a solid defensive forward who chips in the odd point. Think along the line of a Rem Murray type potentially.
Yea Rem Murray is a solid player. If Preds would not resign him, and I heard rumors that he might have to retire, but if he is going to play and is an UFA, I would not mind Sather signing him, yea yea we had him before, but he can played 3rd line 4th line and help our pk a bit. He is still a solid defensive forward even if he dont put up alot of points.

Old
06-28-2004, 09:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea Rem Murray is a solid player. If Preds would not resign him, and I heard rumors that he might have to retire, but if he is going to play and is an UFA, I would not mind Sather signing him, yea yea we had him before, but he can played 3rd line 4th line and help our pk a bit. He is still a solid defensive forward even if he dont put up alot of points.
Rem Murray will probably retire due to some neck/facial injury

Old
06-28-2004, 11:36 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Lol, who wouldnt you sign if you were Sather. wed be the only team in the league with 500 players under contract

Old
06-28-2004, 11:37 AM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Lol, who wouldnt you sign if you were Sather. wed be the only team in the league with 500 players under contract
And they would all be 4th liners.

Old
06-28-2004, 11:49 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
And they would all be 4th liners.
old, injury prone 4th liners lol, im only joking, its just whenever a player becomes a free agent or is rumoured to be evailable you post that we should get him. Again nothing personal, just predictable

Old
06-28-2004, 12:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

well we do need help on our PK, the only players that I can see helping us in that department is Ortmeyer and Helmienen. Other than that I dont think we got alot of penatly killers in the system, but yes we do got 3rd and 4th liners but i dont think they would be good at killing penalties.

Old
06-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
"The joke in Nanaimo is that there's footspeed and then there is 'Foote-Speed'. Jordan Foote is a heck of a skater and can really fly around the rink. His feet seem to never stop moving, thus making him look even faster. Foote is a great energy player who can not only skate, but hit well. He loves to play in traffic and is excellent in front of the net. Another great intangible Foote displays is his penchant for going down to block shots. Because of that, as well as his tenacious attitude on the ice, he has developed a reputation as a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve; a player who puts the team first and the individual second. As a goal scorer, Foote is more opportunistic than anything, though he displays good hands and shooting skills. He doesn't seem to pursue his offensive chances as much as linemate Sawada does. Jordan takes his defensive responsibility very seriously, and often has become the defensive conscience of the line."

Certainly does seem like a steal.
Sounds a bit like a Draper type of player?

Old
06-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
Sounds a bit like a Draper type of player?

Draper? Let's hope.

Great avatar, Bufford T Justice

Old
06-28-2004, 03:20 PM
CoolDude*

I've watched Foote play many times this season and I was quite impressed by him, but the chances of him making the NHL are slim.

Old
06-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Potted Plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
I've watched Foote play many times this season and I was quite impressed by him, but the chances of him making the NHL are slim.
Some of us prefer illusion to despair.

Old
06-28-2004, 10:27 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Some of us prefer illusion to despair.
I think he can be Rico Fata type player.

Old
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
I saw him quite a bit too, but I disagree. I wrote that article by the way.

Foote's offensive skills are rough and he may not be skilled enough to make the NHL. Still, he's got the character. Here's the part I did in the 'Future' part:

Quote:
Foote looks like he could be a great NHL third or fourth liner due to his energy, size, and speed. Not blessed with great offensive skills, but has the heart and intangibles to be a useful part of any team that is lucky enough to have him.
If I had to compare him to someone, I think a good comparison would be a less skilled Brad May.

Old
06-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Potted Plant

Quote:
I think he can be Rico Fata type player.
No one got my Simpsons reference, apparently. Still, as with any 6th round draft pick, if you get an asset of any value, you've done well. Let's see what we have in a couple years.

Old
06-29-2004, 09:12 AM
TKLOOCH22

So next year he's still going to play in the BCHL with Nanaimo? And with Billy Ryan, does anyone know if he is gonna play high school or play in the USHL for next year before going to college?

Old
06-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Why is that?

Old
06-29-2004, 10:26 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Why is that?
Lack of grit and scoring.

Closed Thread