HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booth or Weiss

View Poll Results: If you need to trade one in the rebuild, who do you keep?
Keep Booth 18 41.86%
Keep Weiss 25 58.14%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-29-2011, 09:33 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Booth or Weiss

Hypothetical question:

You are GM of the Panthers and you can only keep either Weiss or Booth. The other will be traded as part of the rebuild.

Who do you keep and why?

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I keep Weiss because he plays center and at this point, we don't know how the prospects in the system will pan out. Prospects playing center can always convert to wing. Players who play on Weiss's line always perform better.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Pantherfan12

Wow, I'm the 1st vote for Booth? Sweet. LOL.. It was actually a very hard decision because I love both of them but I chose Booth because I love Booth. It's very hard to compare the two because Booth can score more goals and gets dirty in the corners, but Weiss is better defensively. I like Booth's work ethic, and how he trains his butt off to get better each season. I remember when Booth first came up from the minors, #46 and seeing him work his way up from 4th line to 1st line shows his determination to be a great hockey player. He has heart,grit,determination and that's someone I want to build a hockey team around. Again, I love Weiss and I do think he's going to be our next Capt. but I have to go with Booth.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:08 AM
harv3317

i'm very concerned about booth's concussion problems!!! so i keep weiss, but either should be traded if it betters the team.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I keep Weiss because he plays center and at this point, we don't know how the prospects in the system will pan out. Prospects playing center can always convert to wing. Players who play on Weiss's line always perform better.
+1. Plus he's a great two-way player, Booth is not, and Booth is damaged goods, as tough as it is to say that objectively that's what he is.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:54 AM
KW

I'd keep Weiss because he's cheaper.

It's true that he's also more versatile than Mr. One-dimensional, but this is like asking whether you'd rather have your wife buy a Chanel purse or a Louis Vitton. Every man's answer: LV, it's cheaper. (Every woman's answer: Chanel, it's more expensive.)

Let's find out whether DT is male, female, or metrosexual.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'd normally agree with this, but why hasn't Frolik benefited? Not to hijack the thread or anything, but he's frustrating me severely.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
+1. Plus he's a great two-way player, Booth is not, and Booth is damaged goods, as tough as it is to say that objectively that's what he is.
Damaged goods??? He had a concussion, he didn't have his legs amputated!! He's not a race horse that once it breaks a leg, you put it down. He's fine..

Old
01-29-2011, 11:02 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I'd keep Weiss because he's cheaper.

It's true that he's also more versatile than Mr. One-dimensional, but this is like asking whether you'd rather have your wife buy a Chanel purse or a Louis Vitton. Every man's answer: LV, it's cheaper. (Every woman's answer: Chanel, it's more expensive.)

Let's find out whether DT is male, female, or metrosexual.
LOL

Booth is my favorite hands down.

The head thing got him and it shows. He ain't the same. To better the team, I trade Weiss anyway because I really think he could get the best return.
...and none of this to insult Weiss who's probably our best trade asset for a reason. I surely wouldn't be opposed to him staying!
Look what happened to Wolski going to NYR. He's alive again, there's gotta be more than a few damn good players who could use a bright and sunny change of scenery.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:06 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I'd normally agree with this, but why hasn't Frolik benefited? Not to hijack the thread or anything, but he's frustrating me severely.
True, I've always hated when Booth Weiss or Frolik are on the same lines. No chemistry between them IMO.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Holy Jokinen

I keep Weiss and draft another Booth with the picks i get.

Weiss is a better player, and i'm worried about Booth even though i love the kid. He also seems to have a bigger name around the league because of his style of play, good looks, etc...

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Damaged goods??? He had a concussion, he didn't have his legs amputated!! He's not a race horse that once it breaks a leg, you put it down. He's fine..
He's not fine. He's one bad hit away from retirement.

Old
01-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
He's not fine. He's one bad hit away from retirement.
Anyone in the league is one bad hit away from retirement!!!! Bertuzzi on Moore, one bad hit and one retirement. Booth has 14 goals on the season so far, and theres still like 33 games left to play, give him a break. I think it's great how everyone praised Booth and loved Booth and then he gets hurt and the masses want to out him from the tribe.

Old
01-29-2011, 11:50 AM
ShootIt

Keep Booth, trade Weiss.

Booth's value is low, Weiss's is pretty good.

We would get more back if we were to trade Weiss.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 11:56 AM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Anyone in the league is one bad hit away from retirement!!!! Bertuzzi on Moore, one bad hit and one retirement. Booth has 14 goals on the season so far, and theres still like 33 games left to play, give him a break. I think it's great how everyone praised Booth and loved Booth and then he gets hurt and the masses want to out him from the tribe.
Previous concussions exponentially increase the chance that one more hit could end his career.

asleepinthechapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Keep Booth, trade Weiss.

Booth's value is low, Weiss's is pretty good.

We would get more back if we were to trade Weiss.
I agree with this. I'd trade Weiss (and Frolik too, for that matter) before Booth. A package of Weiss and Frolik could probably get us a real 1st line player. Alternatively, trading Weiss/Frolik separately could maybe get us a really good offensive prospect.

This team needs an offensive upgrade, and Weiss and Frolik could be our major trade chips to get some real 1st line talent on this team. In contrast, we'd be trading Booth for pennies on the dollar.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 12:02 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Booth. Obviously the better hair and smile. And it's not even close!

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Shockley
Go Cats Go!

vCash: 50
Neither one is getting tradeed at the deadline..... WEISS WANTS TO BE HERE!!!! he said he WANTS to help this team back into the playoffs!!! Why the **** would tallon trade him!?!? imo he will be our captain at somepoint...... maybe even on Febuary 29th if Mcabe goes.
/rant

And also if i rememberr correctly over summer tallon announced that everyone is for sale except Booth, Kuli, And Markstrom.

Last edited by Shockley: 01-29-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Weiss wants to be here. Not many of those players around. Nuff said

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:15 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I like Booth a lot as a player and team guy, and don't want to even try picking him apart to give reasons. Weiss is just the obvious choice to me. When I think of the one current player who is the Florida Panthers (and not in that bad way we joke about), it's no one but Weiss. Vokoun might be the runner up, but doubt he's sticking around after this season. I stand by my opinion that Weiss should have been named captain instead of McCabe, and hope that I'll see the day it happens.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Maybe, but Booth even moreso because he's had two concussions already, one major. He doesn't need a 250 lbs. guy to tackle him from behind and pound on his head on the ice to end his career. One clean hit could do the trick.

Booth has 14 goals, but only 12 assists. He's on pace for 23 goals and 43 points, not that impressive. I know it's his first year back from a very tough year for him, but nevertheless that's still a big cause for concern. Will he ever be the same player again? Nobody can answer that. I really like the kid, love his work ethic and heart, but I love the Panthers more. This game is about winning, and I want the Panthers to be a winner more than to hold onto fan favorites just because. He's far from untouchable, I want us to do what's best for the team. If we can get a great deal for him, then I wouldn't mind seeing him traded.

Old
01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers View Post
Neither one is getting tradeed at the deadline..... WEISS WANTS TO BE HERE!!!! he said he WANTS to help this team back into the playoffs!!! Why the **** would tallon trade him!?!? imo he will be our captain at somepoint...... maybe even on Febuary 29th if Mcabe goes.
/rant
Many far better players have been traded than Weiss. I'm sure Tallon isn't desperate to unload him or anything, but there's nothing wrong with putting out the feelers to see how other team's value him. You never know, someone might give up a king's ransom for him. A GM can never turn his back to any scenario, that's just doing a disservice to himself.

Quote:
And also if i rememberr correctly over summer tallon announced that everyone is for sale except Booth, Kuli, And Markstrom.
I think that's accurate, but that was in the summer, things change.

Old
01-29-2011, 04:23 PM
sinDer

Weiss

Why? Because he is a better player

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Erick

Weiss is the better player. Weiss is, by far, the more valuable player on the team.

As for the question, my answer is Weiss, but quite frankly, it's gotten to the point where I really don't think I care.

As of right now, anyone on this team not named Dmitry Kulikov/Evgeny Dadonov could be traded, and I honestly wouldn't care.

I like Weiss (and Booth, for that matter), but if trading both makes the team better, so be it. They're quality players, but we're going nowhere as long as guys like Weiss and Booth are our best players, anyway.

I'm willing to give Tallon a chance to prove he's the man. That means he should put this team together his way. A lot of these guys are Jacques Martin's guys, etc.

Again, as long as it's not Kulikov or Dadonov (especially Kulikov), I'm cool with it, at this point.

Our team is mediocre; however, a lot of these players we have, have good value in trades.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2011, 07:51 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Weiss is the better player. Weiss is, by far, the more valuable player on the team.

As for the question, my answer is Weiss, but quite frankly, it's gotten to the point where I really don't think I care.

As of right now, anyone on this team not named Dmitry Kulikov/Evgeny Dadonov could be traded, and I honestly wouldn't care.

I like Weiss (and Booth, for that matter), but if trading both makes the team better, so be it. They're quality players, but we're going nowhere as long as guys like Weiss and Booth are our best players, anyway.

I'm willing to give Tallon a chance to prove he's the man. That means he should put this team together his way. A lot of these guys are Jacques Martin's guys, etc.

Again, as long as it's not Kulikov or Dadonov (especially Kulikov), I'm cool with it, at this point.

Our team is mediocre; however, a lot of these players we have, have good value in trades.
Very well said. I've felt this way all season. I'll go even farther because I don't have a man-crush on the two Russians, do WHATEVER it takes to turn this team back into a winning club again. I've gone from pride, to anger, to frustration, to acceptance, to sadness, and now flat out embarrassment of what this franchise has become. I hope DT is the GM that finally turns this thing around. And fire Yorkman, just like his brother, he's not helping things around there.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote