HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Goaltending - Like Pitching in Baseball

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 12:50 PM
theoilers

vCash: 500
Goaltending - Like Pitching in Baseball

I think the Oilers did very well getting Dubnyk. They have the proper goaltending depth now and you can never have enough goaltenders because they are very important..........like baseball pitchers.........always a demand for good goaltending. Also, if Deslauriers and Dubnyk pan out, then Lowe has an extra asset to trade and I can see St. Louis loading up on goaltending pikcing up Scwarz and Baschishua and both are good goaltedning prospects as well.

Good Move by Lowe for identifying a need and glad to hear Pete Peters and Stevenson scouted him.........and for all those Peters bashers, McGuire said he does a great job with Oilers goaltending

Old
06-27-2004, 01:48 PM
igor*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoilers
Good Move by Lowe for identifying a need and glad to hear Pete Peeters and Stevenson scouted him
I found I interesting to hear Lowe say that Peeters really liked him.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but didn't Peeters tell Guy, in no uncertain terms, that he WASN'T a goalie scout, that he didn't get into that?

Closed Thread