HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The EVERYTHING Chris Drury Thread Part II - Will he score? Edition

View Poll Results: How many goals will he score this year?
0 11 11.58%
1 8 8.42%
2-5 61 64.21%
6-10 13 13.68%
11-15 0 0%
16-20 0 0%
21+ 2 2.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 09:16 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Ugh, I just checked Drury's stats at NHL.com. He has 22 SOG in 21 games this season...... FAIL.

Also, his Shooting % has dropped every single year he's been here, from a career high of 18.4% for the Sabres in 06-07 to 11.4% , 10.0% , 9.5% , and 0.0% (this season) , in his 4 years thus far for us since the 07-08 season.
You mean when he went from the best offensive team in the league with an abundance of offensive talent, to this team, a perennially average-at-best offensive team? Shocker that he'd have less success offensively.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:22 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You mean when he went from the best offensive team in the league with an abundance of offensive talent, to this team, a perennially average-at-best offensive team? Shocker that he'd have less success offensively.
You know, people would accept your opinions much more readily if you weren't such a jerk about it.

I'm intellectually honest enough to admit that you have a good point, but you really are a dbag.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:22 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Ugh, I just checked Drury's stats at NHL.com. He has 22 SOG in 21 games this season...... FAIL.

Also, his Shooting % has dropped every single year he's been here, from a career high of 18.4% for the Sabres in 06-07 to 11.4% , 10.0% , 9.5% , and 0.0% (this season) , in his 4 years thus far for us since the 07-08 season.
haha at this pace he won't even be able to skate, next season.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:26 AM
bmw2004

I hope he could turn things around. I think he can.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:38 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
You know, people would accept your opinions much more readily if you weren't such a jerk about it.

I'm intellectually honest enough to admit that you have a good point, but you really are a dbag.
Considering how relentless the bashing of this guy here is, I think it's pretty jerky of you to add to it with half-truths that, if you were intellectually honest enough to have thought through for just a moment, are clearly biased and highly subjective.

This is a new one, though. The use of sarcasm = *************. Haha. Quite a thin skin. That's okay, though. I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. Just trying to inject a little common sense.

Old
02-01-2011, 09:50 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Considering how relentless the bashing of this guy here is, I think it's pretty jerky of you to add to it with half-truths that, if you were intellectually honest enough to have thought through for just a moment, are clearly biased and highly subjective.

This is a new one, though. The use of sarcasm = *************. Haha. Quite a thin skin. That's okay, though. I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. Just trying to inject a little common sense.
Dude, you talk down to every single person here that doesn't agree with you. You ARE a dbag.

I was simply presenting some stats that, although influenced by the surrounding team, still present a clear decline. And for the record, I have been one of Drury's biggest defenders. The man clearly can't play the style this team needs him to anymore. Not that I blame him, he's been ravaged by injuries.

Unlike you, I don't make it my personal mission to try and make everyone look stupid for posting an opinion. You ARE a jerk. You ARE a dbag. Despite this, you happen to have good insight and hockey knowledge. You are just too busy using it as a weapon to try and tear people down for it to come across effectively.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone over the internet. Just don't be surprised when someone takes exception to your arrogance and condescension. You do this in almost every thread you comment in.

Old
02-01-2011, 10:07 AM
broadwayblue

come on people. attack the arguments not the poster.

Old
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
ZacUSNYR

Just wait till Game 7 of the Stanley cup finals, when the rangers are tied 2-2 with 20 seconds left and Drury bats it in for his first goal of the year.

lol

Old
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
come on people. attack the arguments not the poster.
This.

Come on folks, turn it around or this thread is done.

02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Dude, you talk down to every single person here that doesn't agree with you. You ARE a dbag.
Funny that the people who I disagree with but don't make poor contributions like this one never seem to have a problem with me. I don't have a problem with different opinions. As long as they're objective, logical and show signs of someone taking the time to think before just spewing whatever pops into their biased mind.

Quote:
I was simply presenting some stats that, although influenced by the surrounding team, still present a clear decline. And for the record, I have been one of Drury's biggest defenders. The man clearly can't play the style this team needs him to anymore. Not that I blame him, he's been ravaged by injuries.
Your point is senseless. The two seasons he had in Buffalo are FAR AND AWAY his highest shooting percentage numbers ever. His numbers last season and this season are a SLIGHT decline from his usual numbers. This point doesn't show anything about a clear decline. It just shows that you're looking to bash him at any opportunity, and that you aren't willing to take the time to consider every angle of the argument before posting your comment. Or you simply don't care. By posting such poorly thought out comments, you bring down the quality of the discussion. You make my reading experience here less enjoyable. That's why I attack your point for it's invalidity, not you, the way you choose to do me.

Quote:
Unlike you, I don't make it my personal mission to try and make everyone look stupid for posting an opinion. You ARE a jerk. You ARE a dbag. Despite this, you happen to have good insight and hockey knowledge. You are just too busy using it as a weapon to try and tear people down for it to come across effectively.
I'm not looking to make you look stupid. IMO, You manage to do that on your own. I'm the jerk and the ********* that attacks your opinion. What I don't do is attack you personally. But I'm the jerk and the *********, not you, right?

Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone over the internet. Just don't be surprised when someone takes exception to your arrogance and condescension. You do this in almost every thread you comment in.
No, but you will waste my time and everyone else's by taking the thread off track by attacking me personally and diminishing the quality of the discussion by posting poorly thought out criticisms of the player.

Old
02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Waaaaaay too much piling on going on in this thread. It's like a mob mentality.

Where were all the Drury killers early on? Now that everyone perceives the consensus, it's safe to bash the guy?

Everything's been said as far as how he is not playing well, statistically or otherwise. Meaningful discussion regarding scratching, buying out, or trading is one thing, but just continually bashing the guy is more than overdone by now. I suggest giving it a rest.

And Sting is not a Dbag, That's kind of harsh eh? He is merely saying that Drury does not get any "quality" ice time, and that is making his numbers even lower than they would be. Agree or not, the argument has merit, or is at least worth noting. Name calling is unnecessary.

JMHO

02-01-2011, 10:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
OK. We're done. There is nothing new here. Opinions aren't going to be changed. They weren't in the first 1k posts. This is just more of the same.

Closed Thread