HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

filatov - voynov

Old
01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
JT8888

vCash: 500
filatov - voynov

would you trade voynov for filatov.

Do you think that would be fair? if not what would need to be added?

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Shellz

How is Filatov playing?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I don't know if I would make that deal. It is a tough call. Both are very talented but it looks like as of today that Voynov might be the better team guy but they are both so young that who is to say how things will end up.

I like Filatov a ton but Voynov has it all as a D and hasn't any baggage (not that I buy into all of that stuff).

hmmmm

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
How is Filatov playing?
from what i see it would be a hit or miss honestly. He has the talent but just hasn't put anything together. kinda reminds me of a better Loki... has the talent and we all hope and pray he breaks through (on our team ha)

Old
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Brodeur

Had a similar thought yesterday, either Filatov for a Hickey/Voynov centered package. Columbus only has Commodore as a RH D, so Voynov would fit in there whereas Hickey could still slot in at left D with Greene in the near future. Columbus is 28th on the PP and could really use somebody to quarterback.

Even though Voynov's outplaying Filatov in the AHL thus far, I still would think the Kings would have to kick in a little bit more. Seemed like a few Jacket fans wanted to add a few more goalie prospects in their pipeline. So perhaps they could take a reclamation project in Jeff Zatkoff. That would also open up a spot for J.F. Berube to backup Martin Jones in Manchester next year. And then maybe a 2nd tier prospect or mid-round pick to top it off (Oy, that sounds too much like Ryder/Halak/2nd).

Realistically, it depends on whether or not Columbus wants to jettison Filatov at this point. They'd take a bit of a PR hit in essentially trading the 6th overall pick of 2008 for the 32nd overall pick of 2008, but sometimes a change of scenery works for both players (ie, Pouliot/Latendresse).

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Thats a tough one, I wanted Filatov in the draft, but I feel that a promising defense man has more value than a promising forward in the NHL. So no. Even if Filatov was drafted 1st round.

Now Hickey on the other hand.....

How about Hickey\Tuebert and Moller for Filatov and a 3rd

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
kingdoughty

King need a LW and have excess on D...sounds like a good trade to me worth the risk

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I don't want the Kings to trade Voynov but if we HAD to, I'd rather put him in a package to get an established player rather than another enigmatic Russian winger

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Tadite

It always amazes me just how badly the Blue Jackets develop players. For Filatov to be successful he needs to get to a team with a strategy that's more then just throw them on the ice and hope it works. The guy needs a good tough off-season followed by a full year (or more) of work in the AHL with coaches that care about this skill set and can push him to the next level. I'd love to have him as a reclamation project.

He isn't worth VV though. VV's done nothing but become a better player over the years and really looks like next year he'll be fighting for a spot in the NHL. Our only problem with him is numbers. We've to many young d-men fighting for spots.

If Filatov moves it's going to be for a surprising low amount. 3rd round pick or some secondary prospect.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would, a line of Filatov-Loktionov-Kitsyn sounds amazing, but I would try and acquire him without giving up Voynov first of course

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I don't want the Kings to trade Voynov but if we HAD to, I'd rather put him in a package to get an established player rather than another enigmatic Russian winger

We've seen the Kings try a number of young players who struggled to find a permanent spot in the top six, and Filatov would be no different. If they trade one of their top prospects, it better be for a player with a proven track record who is capable of stepping in and helping the team now.

Otherwise, the Kings are better off hanging onto Voynov.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:38 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

We've seen the Kings try a number of young players who struggled to find a permanent spot in the top six, and Filatov would be no different. If they trade one of their top prospects, it better be for a player with a proven track record who is capable of stepping in and helping the team now.

Otherwise, the Kings are better off hanging onto Voynov.
This would be a roll of the dice trade, but it really could swing in either direction. Voynov might be doing well in the AHL but still has proven about as much a Filatov. and our strength in D could let us throw the dice on this one. But still i do agree that if we could package voynov for a more established winger then by all means.

Old
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Jungle Boy

Voynov ha stated that he won´t play for in the AHL next season, it´s NHL or KHL for him. And the only way I see he playing is if JJ and DD keep playing together. so our d woul look like this:

JJ - DD
Mitchel - Voynov
Scuderi - Martinez
Greene

The deal that I would love:

Voynov, Hickey, Teubert + 1st for Parise

quite sure devils´fans wouldn´t

Jungle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:53 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

After giving it more thought and running through everything that I have read and heard about Filatov I would pass on moving him for Voynov.

It isn't that I don't like Filatov because I do, he is a flashy fast player who in time should become a really good NHL player providing he doesn't ruin it for himself. I like him.

To me though we have Loktionov who can play LW and with a little time could be a darn good one and behind him we have Vey/Toffoli/Kozun/Moller and Kitsyn all who could become solid first line NHL wings in no time as well as whoever we get in this years draft.

It isn't that I don't like Filatov, its that I think that we are close enough on our own as far as prospects go to where we don't need to risk such a talented player like Voynov.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
This would be a roll of the dice trade, but it really could swing in either direction. Voynov might be doing well in the AHL but still has proven about as much a Filatov. and our strength in D could let us throw the dice on this one. But still i do agree that if we could package voynov for a more established winger then by all means.
You make a good point. But, D take longer to develop and yet Voynov is further along in his development than Filatov. He has had more sustained success and is getting very postive reviews.

Filatov, unfortunately, is moving the other direction both in development and reputation. I've watched him with a great deal of interest and actually hoped the Kings could get him into their system at one time. But having seen him play with CBJ and with his current pace in the minors... I dunno, it just seems like he is completely out of sync.

I just don't know if Filatov will become a bonafide NHL sniper. He just doesn't seem hungry or strong enough.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
Voynov, Hickey, Teubert + 1st for Parise

quite sure devils´fans wouldn´t
Thankfully Parise's said multiple times that he wants to sign an extension. It'd be downright depressing if he ended up being in the same situation that Atlanta was with Kovalchuk.

Old
01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Thankfully Parise's said multiple times that he wants to sign an extension. It'd be downright depressing if he ended up being in the same situation that Atlanta was with Kovalchuk.
nevermind read it wrong

Old
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
and he will be a RFA that helps a lot too. BTW does anyone know wht would be the compesation if a team signed him for a 5 yrs $35-38M ($7-7.5M cap hit) contract?

Jungle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

I am almost astonished at the responses in here. Some people are severely underselling Filatov here. Voynov is a decent two-way defenseman, in terms of his effectiveness I would lump him with someone like Trevor Daley. What does he really project at the top level? 25-35 points, second-unit power-play duty and responsible play. His ceiling, OK, maybe bump it to 40 points, he will get that in the A this year.

Filatov is still an elite forward prospect. He was a top player at the WJC in 2009, he had a very good season in Russia last year on loan and he is hardly the first guy we have seen in Columbus have a hard time putting it together. With Hitchcock, he had no chance, with the new regime I think it's too early to say. But no matter what is going on in Buckeye country, this dude is fast with good puck skills and all-around natural goal-scoring ability.

He has also gotten stronger and more fit. He still has to make some progress there and defensively he is suspect, so that is sort of a question mark vis-a-vis the Kings' system. But if you're willing to throw a ton of money at Semin, I don't think you can have strong reservations about that.

Is the guy lighting it up? No. How is he? Twenty years old! He was not going to be an Ovechkin type, I figured his ETA as a big contributor would be about 23. If the Kings turn down Voynov for him, they would be foolish if you ask me.

01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
I am almost astonished at the responses in here. Some people are severely underselling Filatov here. Voynov is a decent two-way defenseman, in terms of his effectiveness I would lump him with someone like Trevor Daley. What does he really project at the top level? 25-35 points, second-unit power-play duty and responsible play. His ceiling, OK, maybe bump it to 40 points, he will get that in the A this year.

Filatov is still an elite forward prospect. He was a top player at the WJC in 2009, he had a very good season in Russia last year on loan and he is hardly the first guy we have seen in Columbus have a hard time putting it together. With Hitchcock, he had no chance, with the new regime I think it's too early to say. But no matter what is going on in Buckeye country, this dude is fast with good puck skills and all-around natural goal-scoring ability.

He has also gotten stronger and more fit. He still has to make some progress there and defensively he is suspect, so that is sort of a question mark vis-a-vis the Kings' system. But if you're willing to throw a ton of money at Semin, I don't think you can have strong reservations about that.

Is the guy lighting it up? No. How is he? Twenty years old! He was not going to be an Ovechkin type, I figured his ETA as a big contributor would be about 23. If the Kings turn down Voynov for him, they would be foolish if you ask me.
i think you are undervaluing voynov as well. i see his upside in the range of lubo (time will tell but they have very similar skill set), but yeah i would do this deal, filatov could turn into semin or better. it really is a roll of the dice

Old
01-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Any time you're dealing with prospects there are unknowns but this is a prospect for a prospect so I don't see a big issue there.

I can't envision Voynov ever producing offensively like Lubo has/is, he is leading the NHL in points for DMen. I'd take any bets on Voynov doing that. He is a nifty player but not a superstar. You're trading a top four D for a top line forward, seems like an easy decisionl. Also look at the organizational depth. On defense, strong, at wing, rather weak. Seems like a no-question deal yet if we took the replies as a poll the deal would not be getting the fans' approval.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
Any time you're dealing with prospects there are unknowns but this is a prospect for a prospect so I don't see a big issue there.

I don't see Voynov ever producing offensively like Lubo has/is, he is leading the NHL in points for DMen. I'd take any bets on Voynov doing that. He is a nifty player but not a superstar. You're trading a top four for a top line forward, I don't see any issue with that. Also look at the organizational depth. On defense, strong, at wing, rather weak. Seems like a no-question deal yet if we took the replies as a poll the deal would not be getting the fans' approval.
wow i didn't even realize lubo was leading in points. well a poor mans lubo ha.

Old
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

even with the kings he had a 58-point season and 67-point season, i can't imagine voynov approaching those numbers. voynov might be a little steadier defensively but i don't think he has as much speed or skill.

i just don't see any GM turning down a filatov for voynov proposal, although you and i are actually in agreement there.

some of the stuff above, no offense fellas, but no he will not be dealt for a third-round pick or second-tier prospect and voynov is a second-tier prospect.

i've seen a fair amount of filatov and i talked to a number of people in columbus (journalists, teammates, coaches) early in the year. he is still developing physically and finding his way on the ice but again he is 20 years old. it's funny to me that some would write him off and in nearly the same breath aver that hickey would be a trade piece. i am pulling for hickey personally but at this point i think the kings have to ride him out; no teams are flooding their phone lines for him (yes, that is a euphemism).

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 12:41 AM
MxK1NGS

I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Filatov is really close to breaking in, and while we have a ton of young defensive depth, we have no one currently who is really ready for the big leagues on offense other than Lokti and Schenn. Not to mention he brings in a ton of much needed speed.

Filatov-Kopitar-Brown
Loktionov-Schenn-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Simmonds
Clifford-Lewis-Richardson

Just think about how much speed that 2nd line will have!!
I can also see Kopi and Filatov making good chemistry.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
and he will be a RFA that helps a lot too. BTW does anyone know wht would be the compesation if a team signed him for a 5 yrs $35-38M ($7-7.5M cap hit) contract?
It'll change relative to how much the cap increases. Here are the numbers for last year: http://www.puckmeplease.com/nhl-news...pensation.html

Anything over 7.533 last summer would have resulted in four first rounders. 7-7.5 would be two firsts, a second, and a third.