HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Need to get rid of Christensen

Old
02-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Rangers44*

vCash: 500
Need to get rid of Christensen

This guy is only good for shottouts and faceoffs and there are no shootouts in the Playoffs. In his last 9 games he has 0 points, last season he had only 2 goals(both in 1 game) in his last 15 games of the season. You can't find a less clutch player going into the playoffs. It is because of relying on players like him we missed playoffs last season and will likely miss this season.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

He makes 800k and is signed for 1 more year. He may come in handy next year as a cheap option for a 3rd or 4th line center with skill, and can bounce around and play anywhere in the lineup in the case of injuries. Of course we could use an upgrade, but he is the least of our problems right now. Our powerplay is losing us games, and we need a legit first line center who can lead the offensive playmaking.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:35 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

we need his faceoff wins on the PP for now. No need to get rid of him for no reason. Especially before we replace him. If you can convince Dallas to take him in a Richards package, by all means but don't hold your breath there.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
He makes 800k and is signed for 1 more year. He may come in handy next year as a cheap option for a 3rd or 4th line center with skill, and can bounce around and play anywhere in the lineup in the case of injuries. Of course we could use an upgrade, but he is the least of our problems right now. Our powerplay is losing us games, and we need a legit first line center who can lead the offensive playmaking.
So what if he is cheap? He doesn't get the job done offensively.

Our PP is not the biggest issue. We need 2 more good defensemen, our top defensemen are playing more icetime than they should because our 3rd pairing sucks and their play has gotten worse because they are worn out and tired. Our forwards can't properly focus on offense because our defensemen need help because they either stink or are too worn out and start making bad passes and cough up the puck.

Old
02-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
we need his faceoff wins on the PP for now. No need to get rid of him for no reason. Especially before we replace him. If you can convince Dallas to take him in a Richards package, by all means but don't hold your breath there.
or we can package him for some other decent center/rental.

Old
02-20-2011, 03:27 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
or we can package him for some other decent center/rental.
he's a throw in at this point.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Like almost everyone on the roster, he can improve...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 05:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Not quite sure if there's actually any kind of demand for Christensen. His salary is negligible, and, at the moment, he's not really blocking anyone. Once Richards is signed in the off-season, (yes, I fully expect after last night's revelations), there won't be a spot for him anyway.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Not quite sure if there's actually any kind of demand for Christensen. His salary is negligible, and, at the moment, he's not really blocking anyone. Once Richards is signed in the off-season, (yes, I fully expect after last night's revelations), there won't be a spot for him anyway.
'splain please....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Vitto79

if he gets traded whatever but this team does need to get all the pts they can get to even get in the playoffs and he can help in that. Regardless I am sure Sather has him available

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Crease

Not sure why there is a fuss about Christensen being on the team. He makes next to nothing and is money in the face-off circle and in shootouts. Teams need third and fourth line centers too.

The problem is the team doesn't have enough primary scoring weapons.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Not sure why there is a fuss about Christensen being on the team. He makes next to nothing and is money in the face-off circle and in shootouts. Teams need third and fourth line centers too.

The problem is the team doesn't have enough primary scoring weapons.
0 points in the last 9 games and you don't see a problem? He sucks as a primary scoring, he sucks as a secondary scoring, he sucks defensively, he doesn't hit, or provide energy. He shouldn't be playing. His minutes should go to players like Zuccarello

Old
02-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Leetch66

Quote:
0 points in the last 9 games and you don't see a problem? He sucks as a primary scoring, he sucks as a secondary scoring, he sucks defensively, he doesn't hit, or provide energy. He shouldn't be playing. His minutes should go to players like Zuccarello
or at least somebody who will battle .

Last edited by Leetch66: 02-20-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Crease

Quote:
I just thought it was funny that Christensen has his own hate thread. The Titanic is sinking and you're complaining that the dining service is slow.

Old
02-20-2011, 08:54 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
'splain please....
https://twitter.com/mirtle

Quote:
Simmons reports that Brad Richards doesn't want to land in Toronto. Def not his first choice, but I doubt that stops Leafs from bidding
Quote:
Richards wants to sign in either Dallas, New York or Tampa, but cap situation isn't great in any of them. Will be interesting what he gets.

Old
02-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
I just thought it was funny that Christensen has his own hate thread. The Titanic is sinking and you're complaining that the dining service is slow.
It is the Gilroys and Del Zottos and Christensens and Drurys that are sinking the Titanic.

Old
02-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Perfect!

Uh what has MZA done?

Also: EC is not doing any worse than any of the others who were injured.

"NEED" to get rid of him?

Very low on my priority

02-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
ehhh.

id still rather trade for him now. Especially if hes injured, best time to get him, while his value lowers. again though, to me the scary thing with Richards is the length of hte contract hes gonna want, not necessarily the dollars

Old
02-20-2011, 08:59 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
ehhh.

id still rather trade for him now. Especially if hes injured, best time to get him, while his value lowers. again though, to me the scary thing with Richards is the length of hte contract hes gonna want, not necessarily the dollars
I'd rather save AA for the deal for a RH complement to Staal on the top D pairing.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Perfect!

Uh what has MZA done?

Also: EC is not doing any worse than any of the others who were injured.

"NEED" to get rid of him?

Very low on my priority
Are you kidding? Prospal who I thought was done has 3 points in 7 games.

Christensen has 14 points in 43 games; Zuccarello the rookie has 14 points in 25 games.

Callahan after injury has 7 points in 8 games.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'd rather save AA for the deal for a RH complement to Staal on the top D pairing.
suggestion?

Old
02-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Crease

Quote:
It is the Gilroys and Del Zottos and Christensens and Drurys that are sinking the Titanic.
We are 6th in the NHL in goals against per game. Gilroy and MDZ are not the issue. We're 21st in offense and I agree that Drury's cap hit handcuffs our ability to add scoring threats to the roster. But if you expected Christensen to chip in 40 points, you were setting yourself up for disappointment from the get-go.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I despise Christensen, and would prefer that he was never re-signed. However, given everything going on with this team, I do not believe that Christensen is an entity worth expending any time and energy worrying about. When Fedetenko comes back, Christensen is the most likely candidate to be scratched, and he has little to no value as a trade asset. But, unlike Drury and Todd White before him, Christensen impact on the Rangers' cap situation is minimal.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I despise Christensen, and would prefer that he was never re-signed. However, given everything going on with this team, I do not believe that Christensen is an entity worth expending any time and energy worrying about. When Fedetenko comes back, Christensen is the most likely candidate to be scratched, and he has little to no value as a trade asset. But, unlike Drury and Todd White before him, Christensen impact on the Rangers' cap situation is minimal.
are we in the playoffs right now w/o christensens shootout talents?

its worth discussing.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:08 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
suggestion?
Bogosian, for starters...would have loved have been in on EJ...monitor the Seabrook situation, as well as Burns and Weber. No need to part with needed assets for Richards, when Richards is reportedly giving indications of wanting to come here.