HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.99: Playoffs? Ya kiddin' me, playoffs?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
  #276
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Run your goalie into the ground, rest him for a game and potentially take the loss, then play him the rest of the way.

Or you can hope what happened to me last season: Have a goalie that can do 9-10 games before getting fatigued, and just sweep every series (8 games, for the mathematically challenged).
This is the way to go. I've been playing since season two and my backups have never seen a playoff game I don't think. You basically have to try to sweep two of the first three rounds and have a goalie with decent stamina. You guys in 3.x and 4.x should easily be able to pull this off unless you're playing each other.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
  #277
Villedelphia*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Troy
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
my goalies stamina is 99, not entirely sure how many games in a row he's capable of playing because of Nik screwing with things, but I wont have to play my back up....still not worth the 5+ million i had to spend on him.


Last edited by Villedelphia*: 02-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:16 PM
  #278
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Got a feeling Nik might ban me after the last message I sent him, so if he does... Well, yeah.

Dude is way too touchy in terms of criticism.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 07:31 PM
  #279
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Got a feeling Nik might ban me after the last message I sent him, so if he does... Well, yeah.

Dude is way too touchy in terms of criticism.

What did u say?

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
  #280
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
I won 4-0 second shutout in three games so far in the playoffs.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
  #281
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Got a feeling Nik might ban me after the last message I sent him, so if he does... Well, yeah.

Dude is way too touchy in terms of criticism.
My question might seem a bit facetious, L-Train. Of course, however, we are not touchy about criticism around here. If you know the result of sending the text may be a ban, what exactly was your desired end state?

I mean, you know Nik isn't going to grant you access to the forums...

I'm confused.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:34 AM
  #282
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

What did u say?
I just told him the damn truth. Don't put yourself out into a public position (They don't on TM!) and get upset when you are criticized, rightly or wrongly. He basically told me I should quit TH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
My question might seem a bit facetious, L-Train. Of course, however, we are not touchy about criticism around here. If you know the result of sending the text may be a ban, what exactly was your desired end state?

I mean, you know Nik isn't going to grant you access to the forums...

I'm confused.
IDFK. I just want the dude to come down to earth and understand that if you want to put yourself out there in front of your userbase, expect to take some **** when things aren't going well. If you don't have a thick skin, name yourself "Mr. Blob" and just deal with it. Put your real name out there, and well... Don't quit your day job to pursue your musical career, "Niel Irson"... or maybe you should and turn TH over to someone a bit more competent.

W/e, I don't even see why I care. Ignore my drunken ranting.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:10 AM
  #283
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Put your real name out there, and well... Don't quit your day job to pursue your musical career, "Niel Irson"


...oh my... I don't know what to say?...

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:11 AM
  #284
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Two one loss. Morgan threw up a stinker.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
  #285
ziotree
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
swept the number 1 adirondack phantoms. hopefully my team can go all the way this year.

setterington has been absolute money sign i traded for him

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=49021

48 points in 25 games for the regular season

so far in the playoffs he has 11 points in 4 games including 5 points against the phantoms

in my opinion definitely the season MVP. can only imagine his point totals if i got him at the start of the season.

come on you highland hearts!!!!

ziotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
  #286
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
5-2 win. Swept the second round.

Looks like myself, Anchorage, and Agrudez made it through to the conference finals. The other series is 1-1 and has a human person, so I hope he makes it through. Not a fan of computer opponents making it deep in the playoffs.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
  #287
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
swept the number 1 adirondack phantoms. hopefully my team can go all the way this year.

setterington has been absolute money sign i traded for him

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=49021

48 points in 25 games for the regular season

so far in the playoffs he has 11 points in 4 games including 5 points against the phantoms

in my opinion definitely the season MVP. can only imagine his point totals if i got him at the start of the season.

come on you highland hearts!!!!
That's a big upset. Congrats, and good luck the rest of the way.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:09 AM
  #288
ziotree
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
That's a big upset. Congrats, and good luck the rest of the way.
to be fair L-train there was only 2 points between us in the regular season so i dont think its that big an upset.

thanks for the congrats tho mate and as i said before its sad if you quit as i was hoping we would renew our old rivalry sometime soon

ziotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
  #289
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
to be fair L-train there was only 2 points between us in the regular season so i dont think its that big an upset.

thanks for the congrats tho mate and as i said before its sad if you quit as i was hoping we would renew our old rivalry sometime soon
I think it's a bigger upset because you swept him, and looking at the statistics, his team was fairly dominant most of the season.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
  #290
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Two goals in the last five minutes to win 3-2 and take the 1.1 MOC. Shockingly, I achieved my personal goal for the season (and the sponsor one, but that happened forever ago). I wonder if I get any bonus XP or RP for this.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:29 AM
  #291
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Two goals in the last five minutes to win 3-2 and take the 1.1 MOC. Shockingly, I achieved my personal goal for the season (and the sponsor one, but that happened forever ago). I wonder if I get any bonus XP or RP for this.
I remember seeing somewhere that you definitely get a bonus for winning the mediogre cup.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:40 AM
  #292
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
...

IDFK. I just want the dude to come down to earth and understand that if you want to put yourself out there in front of your userbase, expect to take some **** when things aren't going well. If you don't have a thick skin, name yourself "Mr. Blob" and just deal with it. Put your real name out there, and well... Don't quit your day job to pursue your musical career, "Niel Irson"... or maybe you should and turn TH over to someone a bit more competent.

W/e, I don't even see why I care. Ignore my drunken ranting.

Fair enough. As much as it may have seemed the case, I really wasn't trying to provoke you. It just seemed a futile effort to atagonize Nik given how set he seems in his ways.

That said, I do not for a minute believe the portion I bolded of your quote, above. Given the regularity you post here (and the very fact that you took the time to message Nik, regardless of the intention) demonstrates that you know exactly why you care. You like the game. And I would guess that you would like to see it succeed. You just don't trust its current carekeeper will help it do so.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 10:45 AM
  #293
Villedelphia*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Troy
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
I remember seeing somewhere that you definitely get a bonus for winning the mediogre cup.
user guide:
Quote:
Winnings and Trophy
The winner of the MOC receives a nice bronze-coloured ogre statuette and a small cash prize. If the winning team is coached by a human head coach he will also be rewarded a little XP and RP for winning the cup.

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 11:11 AM
  #294
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
That said, I do not for a minute believe the portion I bolded of your quote, above. Given the regularity you post here (and the very fact that you took the time to message Nik, regardless of the intention) demonstrates that you know exactly why you care. You like the game. And I would guess that you would like to see it succeed. You just don't trust its current carekeeper will help it do so.
I suppose that is true. I'm still going to spend the next couple weeks convincing myself that I don't care so that I can begin to let go of TH and move on to games that won't ban you for criticizing the developers lack of action.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:05 PM
  #295
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,868
vCash: 500
Won 10-1. Swept both rounds so far.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 01:13 PM
  #296
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
I remember seeing somewhere that you definitely get a bonus for winning the mediogre cup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
user guide:
Sweet.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:12 PM
  #297
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Might be my strategy if I promote to 2.1 and keep playing... get into the MOC and win it for the bonus RP and XP... more of a reward than a first round playoff loss.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 02:41 PM
  #298
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
My strategy is to distract the opposing team's goalie by Nik's guitar and singing, then have my offense score.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
  #299
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
4-0 expecting more of that in game three. If I advance it is me vs the Blues. That is the matchup I have been wanting the whole season.

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
  #300
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Might be my strategy if I promote to 2.1 and keep playing... get into the MOC and win it for the bonus RP and XP... more of a reward than a first round playoff loss.
I'll let you know what the final bonus turns out to be. The games themselves gave me 8 XP and 6-7 RP in the wins (8/4 in my one loss). 40 XP and 31 RP is a nice little boost, plus whatever the trophy gets me. I basically decided right off the bat that I wasn't good enough to truly compete, so I figured make the playoffs or win the MOC and I'd be happy with the season since I was in 3.5 just a few months ago. Mission accomplished. Need to shoot slightly higher next season though. 6 seed sounds like a reasonable step forward.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.