HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greening and Lehner up

Old
02-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Billy Madison*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
I think I can predict that if the Sens start pulling Bingo's best players out of there, there will be a revolt that will make last year's Elliott's non-send down look like a cocktail party.
I don't think they will make that mistake again. There will be different guys up and down the rest of the year, anyone who is can play in the playoffs for Bingo will be there.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Didn't get to see the game, but its nice to hear he had a decent showing. I expect him to be a 4th line banger but maybe there's more there?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Didn't get to see the game, but its nice to hear he had a decent showing. I expect him to be a 4th line banger but maybe there's more there?
He can chip in offensivly. When you have a player with that kind of character and will, the sky may not be the limit but he may provide something people never expected. Could be a Penner at best IMO based on his development. Works hard enough to get there.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:24 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
The fact they picked Greening for the call over Condra is interesting considering the great season Condra is having statistically. They must see what BingoSensFan sees in Greening - I can't wait to get a glimpse for myself.
I think they are sill disappointed in Condra taking a leak on that cop car

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
I think they are sill disappointed in Condra taking a leak on that cop car
Better than Murray's even though everyone would praise that. I see your point though.

Old
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
HockeyTownUSA

Greening out tonight. Ruutu and Winchester back in per Ian Mendes twitter.

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Manny*

Greening wasn't as impressive as Butler, in my opinion. The one thing I noticed is that he looks huge. He could really do some damage if he threw his weight around more.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Greening wasn't as impressive as Butler, in my opinion. The one thing I noticed is that he looks huge. He could really do some damage if he threw his weight around more.
Butler is an AHL all star and pure snipper. I don't think anyone was expecting Greening to look like anyting other than a 4th line grinder. Butler has looked pretty good to great every time he's been up.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoSensFan View Post
Colin Greening will be the best call-up of the year for Ottawa. He will undoubtedly be a quality NHLer. He is impossible not to root for as he is an outstanding human being. Some of you may know how I feel about one of my favorite players, so I never anticipated typing this, but Colin Greening > Chris Kelly.
Just saying.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
I'm looking forward to after the trade deadline if a bunch of forward spots open up due to trades and we can see these guys play some real minutes. It will be the closest thing to actually watching a Binghamton Senators game - which sounds a lot more exciting than the current product.
Uhhhhhh..
Quote:
I think I can predict that if the Sens start pulling Bingo's best players out of there, there will be a revolt that will make last year's Elliott's non-send down look like a cocktail party.
Ya no kidding..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:10 PM
D0C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Uhhhhhh..

Ya no kidding..
Hey Ski, how's it going bud?

Been meaning to ask, how is Gryba's development? Any progress?

Any players in Bingo that have showed the most improvement?

D0C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Just saying.
He played one game....

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0C View Post
Hey Ski, how's it going bud?

Been meaning to ask, how is Gryba's development? Any progress?

Any players in Bingo that have showed the most improvement?
Sup Doc..Gryba is showing improvement, but don't expect him to crack the bigs for a while, he's still learning but I wish he would use that monster frame of his a little more..

Everyone seems to be calling for Condra lately, he's playing w/ more confidence and scoring but he's gotta add some bulk, like Butler needs to as well..Wick has some skillz but I dunno about him, he seems just so-so..

Look for Dziurzynski after another season in the A, I think his playing ability is only going to get better..and of course Greening who'll make Ottawa after camp next season..

Old
02-02-2011, 01:49 PM
D0C

Quote:
Sup Doc..Gryba is showing improvement, but don't expect him to crack the bigs for a while, he's still learning but I wish he would use that monster frame of his a little more..

Everyone seems to be calling for Condra lately, he's playing w/ more confidence and scoring but he's gotta add some bulk, like Butler needs to as well..Wick has some skillz but I dunno about him, he seems just so-so..

Look for Dziurzynski after another season in the A, I think his playing ability is only going to get better..and of course Greening who'll make Ottawa after camp next season..
Awesome. Thanks for the updates as usual.

Yeah, was looking forward to Gryba destroying players (guy's huge) but it seems as though he's not doing as well as we had hoped.

Dziurzynski is another big kid, but I'm not sure what type of game he plays.

I'm willing to be patient with Greening, because he's the type of player we need right now. Just hope his game translates well to the Big League. Gotta use his size too!

How about Weircioch? Has he been doing well? Did he finally add some size to that 6'4 frame lol?

D0C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Lenny the Lynx

vCash: 50
Quote:
Uhhhhhh..

Ya no kidding..
I didn't mean all at once guys. I meant it will be nice to see a couple of those guys for a few games at a time and hopefully they'll get more than 8 minutes of ice time because the games don't matter much.

But they might be in a situation where they need bodies in Ottawa - they are carrying 13 forwards. Ruutu will most likely go, maybe Kovalev, maybe another forward or two, plus injuries.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Weircioch is not so good, slow out of position, tries to be offensive but he's gotta hang back more..I dunno, imo he's not going to make it..

Dziurzynski got some speed, big kid good shot, really showing some improvement and getting chances, has that knack around the net..

Old
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
SpezDispenser

Greening demoted back to Bingo. Nice chance we gave him!

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Greening demoted back to Bingo. Nice chance we gave him!
It wasn't a "chance", it was a cup of tea. "Colin, you've played well in the A, you are going to contend for a position next year we expect. Come make your debut, you've earned it".

Old
02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
It wasn't a "chance", it was a cup of tea. "Colin, you've played well in the A, you are going to contend for a position next year we expect. Come make your debut, you've earned it".
Interesting point MOO.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
SenzZen
Unholy Masquerade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Donut mind if I do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3rxNCzzJpY

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:57 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Who cares? Bingo exists for the Ottawa Senators to develop players. I think having our prospects down there winning and going to the POs is the right thing to do, but regardless of what happens, I couldnt care less about the fans down there whining. If you dont want to see players leave to the NHL, dont be a fan of a team in a development league.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Interesting point MOO.
Yeah I think these games are mostly for recognition or a step. There's no sense in throwing Greening into significant checking minutes when he's still got a ways to go before he does that on a nightly basis. I don't think anyone evaluating him last night would have been displeased by his effort...first games are tough and nerve wracking...but I think it's good to feel them in slowly like this.

Smith has gone through it....he's been impressive lately IMO. I think Smith could score 15-20 goals annually. More offensively gifted then Foligno imo.

Old
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Who cares? Bingo exists for the Ottawa Senators to develop players. I think having our prospects down there winning and going to the POs is the right thing to do, but regardless of what happens, I couldnt care less about the fans down there whining. If you dont want to see players leave to the NHL, dont be a fan of a team in a development league.
I care..and you're right, I could care less about some Ottawa fans whining about losing this season..if you don't have the horses, then what should you expect the outcome to be..