HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Looking to Trade Possible Hemsky,Penner,Cogliano.

Old
01-31-2011, 10:52 PM
the word*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
If DL wasn't such a stingy **** when it comes to cash and prospects, I would think LA and Edm would be pretty good trading partners.
Get a load of their fans... you'd think they actually had a good hockey team. Nobody overvalues their prospects half as much on HF. That's really saying something. I'll have a hearty chuckle when they miss the post season.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:53 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I'm worried that you could be mocking me with this post since it's the exact same opinion's as I have
Great minds think alike my friend.

In all seriousness, i've been thinking this for a while. Tambellini has a real opportunity to get something of significant value for Hemsky with the sellers being so scarce and with the buyers being so plentiful.
This has nothing to do with Hemsky, it would be great to sign Hemsky in a perfect world but unfortunately this is not a perfect world and there are a lot of options on the table for Tambellini to work with.

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Columbus goes for it.

Hemsky + Penner + Cogliano for Johansen + Commodore + 1st

Nash - Vermette - Hemsky
Penner - Brassard - Voracek
Huselius - Cogliano - Clark
Moreau - Pahlsson - Umberger

Yup.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
This is fact there is no doubt. But the reason I think it could be different this season is that it's not exactly a secret that he is desperate to get a top 6 forward. A lot of media members have stated it and the whole rant on Mike Murphy is a solid indication as well that he is frustrated. Schenn for Hemsky makes a ton of sense for both, but like you say Lombardi is stingy.
The tricky part is what do we do if Schenn is untouchable and LA says pick any 2 of our 1st, Hickey, Teubert, Voynov, or Loktionov. Still a deal to be made?

I think I would consider Forbort + 1st for Hemsky considering there is a decent chance LA doesn't make up the ground to get into the playoffs and we are left with 2 picks in the top 14.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:02 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
The tricky part is what do we do if Schenn is untouchable and LA says pick any 2 of our 1st, Hickey, Teubert, Voynov, or Loktionov. Still a deal to be made?
Try to convince the BJs that they stand a chance with Hemsky feeding Nash and accept a Hemsky+Gagner deal for Johansen + their 1st?

Seriously though, if Schenn isn't on the table than we should look elsewhere or keep him.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:05 PM
the word*

Quote:
Too big of a gamble even if their first is in play. Even chances we walk away with nothing at the end of the day in this trade scenario. Smyth fetched a better return than that. Hemsky's a far superior player and Smyth is even more injury prone than Hemmer. Hemsky still has an additional year on his contract that is very affordable.

Last edited by the word*: 01-31-2011 at 11:10 PM.
the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

For me it's Johansen>Schenn. If Stu had that much fate in him them I am willing to move Hemsky or Penner in order to obtain him.

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:08 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Try to convince the BJs that they stand a chance with Hemsky feeding Nash and accept a Hemsky+Gagner deal for Johansen + their 1st?

Seriously though, if Schenn isn't on the table than we should look elsewhere or keep him.
That's already better than the Schenn deal

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:33 PM
HallOfGreatness4

vCash: 800
Keep one of the three. Would like to see Penner wear the C next year or down the road. Get picks for the others.

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Ice Whole

If the Oilers trade Hemsky, I will be pissed and sad at the same time. He has stated that he is okay with the rebuild and is still our best player offensively. We should keep both Hemmer and Penner, Penner can take over games at times, is a 30 goal scorer and most of all he is big. He provides some size in our top 6 even if he doesn't use it as much. He is also very hard to knock off the puck and screens the goalies on the powerplay. Cogs has been playing well and I would like to see him stay as well but I think we might trade him to bring in a veteran with size. Hopefully the Oilers trade Foster and Fraser, dont want them at all.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
No, it says they would be the assets that would likely help another club. That's completely different from them saying, "Yeah, we're shopping these guys."

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
If the Oilers trade Hemsky, I will be pissed and sad at the same time. He has stated that he is okay with the rebuild and is still our best player offensively. We should keep both Hemmer and Penner, Penner can take over games at times, is a 30 goal scorer and most of all he is big. He provides some size in our top 6 even if he doesn't use it as much. He is also very hard to knock off the puck and screens the goalies on the powerplay. Cogs has been playing well and I would like to see him stay as well but I think we might trade him to bring in a veteran with size. Hopefully the Oilers trade Foster and Fraser, dont want them at all.
Well I will tell you this if 1 of them is moved were all going to see how alot of Oil fans in here have been underating them. Book it

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:56 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Im not as positive that the Oilers will be big movers on the deadline day.

I'd like to see Foster, Cogliano and possibly Fraser to be moved.

If they can get a sure thing like a Schenn/Johansen I could see a guy like Penner being moved.
I can't see Foster getting traded unless he requests to be traded. By trading him we're giving players another reason not to sign with us when they're free agents.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Voynov and Loktionov are good prospects. Schenn would be the ideal but if you could get Voynov, Loktionov and their first, that would be good value. They also have Toffoli, Forbort, Tuebert. Lots to choose from there.

Forget about Johansen. Cbus has worse center depth than we do.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:08 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
please only 1 of Hemsky or Penner gone....please, I can't handle this many rookies in the line-up
I know exactly where you're coming from man... but let's see how far we can agree.

1: Can we agree that we like Hall-Horcoff-Eberle?

Eberle has shown he's ready to play at any level of hockey every time he's been given the chance. Plays well in all situations.
Hall creates tons of scoring chances.
Horcoff wins face-offs and plays good 2-way hockey.

2: Can we agree that we're happy with MPS and Omark? You could complain that MPS isn't scoring enough to justify sticking up with the club, but he isn't getting nearly as many minutes due to him playing behind both Hall and Penner. Omark has had good and bad games, but he's definitely not the kinda guy you want on a checking line. He's a top 6 or bust kinda forward for sure.

3: MPS and Omark are is probably the best pair of wingers Edmonton has had for a 2nd line since Edmonton made their cup run. Regardless of their experience, they're the best duo of guys(other than Penner and Hemsky on the 1st line, of course) that Gagner has been able to play with. He can continue to develop with these guys. They're all fast and smart with the puck. MPS and Gagner have shown that they've developed into good 2-way players. Another balanced line IMO.

4: With our top 6 set, it'll be easier to take care of the bottom 6, wont it? These players come cheaper... and we've got a whack of these kinda guys in the AHL. Free agency is also a possibility.

I really don't mind losing Penner and Hemsky as long as we're either getting proven d-men, very highly touted prospects who're already drafted or VERY early draft picks.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:10 AM
DangerMan
@danlizee

I like the thought of Bogosian and ATL might be desperate enough to deal him. It would probably cost the Oilers Hemsky, in which Tambo has something to think about. Just to be clear it would have to be Bogosian and a prospect like Cormier. I know the Hemsky fanboys will think this is light, but I think this would be the going rate.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:11 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
Where's Gagner on that list, he's another guy that could find himself with a new address soon.
That's crazy, man. Just that Gagner's offensive production hasn't increased every year doesn't mean he hasn't improved as a player. Everyone around him has constantly been going down to injuries since he's come to the team. His faceoffs and play without the puck has greatly improved. He's become a lot grittier.

Give him a respectable top 4 d and a stable line and you know he'd put up more points.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I know exactly where you're coming from man... but let's see how far we can agree.

1: Can we agree that we like Hall-Horcoff-Eberle?

Eberle has shown he's ready to play at any level of hockey every time he's been given the chance. Plays well in all situations.
Hall creates tons of scoring chances.
Horcoff wins face-offs and plays good 2-way hockey.

2: Can we agree that we're happy with MPS and Omark? You could complain that MPS isn't scoring enough to justify sticking up with the club, but he isn't getting nearly as many minutes due to him playing behind both Hall and Penner. Omark has had good and bad games, but he's definitely not the kinda guy you want on a checking line. He's a top 6 or bust kinda forward for sure.

3: MPS and Omark are is probably the best pair of wingers Edmonton has had for a 2nd line since Edmonton made their cup run. Regardless of their experience, they're the best duo of guys(other than Penner and Hemsky on the 1st line, of course) that Gagner has been able to play with. He can continue to develop with these guys. They're all fast and smart with the puck. MPS and Gagner have shown that they've developed into good 2-way players. Another balanced line IMO.

4: With our top 6 set, it'll be easier to take care of the bottom 6, wont it? These players come cheaper... and we've got a whack of these kinda guys in the AHL. Free agency is also a possibility.

I really don't mind losing Penner and Hemsky as long as we're either getting proven d-men, very highly touted prospects who're already drafted or VERY early draft picks.
Hall and Eberle will be manning the top line very soon permenantly. Sooner than later. Its just a matter of finding a compentant center that can convert chances into goals to go along with watching backs defensively and physically. I'm not as concerned about losing Hemsky as a lot of people apparently are. I just want to get max value for him.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:19 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Columbus goes for it.

Hemsky + Penner + Cogliano for Johansen + Commodore + 1st

Nash - Vermette - Hemsky
Penner - Brassard - Voracek
Huselius - Cogliano - Clark
Moreau - Pahlsson - Umberger

Yup.
The value isn't horrible there for both sides. Would be a Kessel type deal, as there would be a lot of pressure on Ryan Johansen to live up to his 4th overall in 2010 draft status.

If he did that and Edmonton got 1st overall and grabbed Larsson, Tambolini would look like a genius. But if Johansen didn't live upto the hype... it would be the worst trade Edmonton's made in the last 15+ years.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:20 AM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMan View Post
I like the thought of Bogosian and ATL might be desperate enough to deal him. It would probably cost the Oilers Hemsky, in which Tambo has something to think about. Just to be clear it would have to be Bogosian and a prospect like Cormier. I know the Hemsky fanboys will think this is light, but I think this would be the going rate.
I'd do hemsky for Bogosian and Cormier. And I want to keep Hemsky....and am a HUGE hemsky fanboy.

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

I doubt the trade any top 6 guys, MAYBE Penner cause we need to make room for Hall and PRV in the top 6. Other than that, likely bottom 6 guys, bottom pairing guys for picks/prospects.

TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
Where's Gagner on that list, he's another guy that could find himself with a new address soon.
Same with Eberle, that jerk hasn't had a 60 point season in the NHL yet and he's ALREADY 20!!!

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I'd do hemsky for Bogosian and Cormier. And I want to keep Hemsky....and am a HUGE hemsky fanboy.
And this is what to be expected for Hemmer a good young d prospect and a forward with upside possibility

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:30 AM
rays

Fraser, cogliano and foster are extra pieces we don't need. Also we could trade a LWer as we have penner, hall, paajarvi, omark, jones, and Jacques... So who goes? I think jones and penner have value, but I would hate to see penner go.

rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Speedyturtle

If Schenn isn't on the table, then we keep em both. Tambo has shown he can be pretty indecisive at deadlines so I can see him keeping both.

Speedyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote