HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago at Columbus | 2/1 7PM EST | "It Starts Now" edition

Old
02-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
But to hold out that sliver of hope, we'd need a strong push before the trade deadline.
Yep - sounds like Howson knew this too, although he apparently didn't like any of the arrangements being discussed. Hard to know if we would have done the same, since we don't know specific discussions, but I'm pretty opposed to the inactivity.

Quote:
Otherwise we might be replacing some of our vets with draft picks. Draft picks in the 2011 draft don't play 10-18 minutes a night sadly.
In this instance we have to hope having a few extra picks around means package deals for roster players are more likely.

Old
02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Ouch. So I'm in denial because I don't agree with you??? And we have a pathetic goalie?? Moral victories are for losers. Uh huh. But you love the team and will get a tattoo on your ass if they make the playoffs....ok.
Moral victories dont equal playoffs. Real wins do. And yes Mason has been pathetic the last 2 years. Have you not watched the same Mason who couldnt stop a beach ball on most nights?? The same Mason who has gotten pulled 7 times this year.

So are you trying to say I dont love this team, because Im not gonna sit here and pretend all is well in paradise? Ive been planning on making my 11th trip to Detroit tonight, despite us being out of the playoff race, and having numerous holes on the roster. Why? Because I love this team regardless, I wear my heart on my sleeve, but at the same time if there are issues Im not gonna be naive about them.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
There's a difference between sticking with them, and thinking they can make the playoffs when they can't. Sure I'm sticking with them, but I can also look at the standings and realize we're not making the playoffs, doesn't mean I like the team any less, we just don't have the players to make the top 8.

Agree with this 100%. As a long suffering fan of a bad team, you start appreciating the little things. For the Jackets its having Brassard have the compete level on high for an entire game, or seeing guys like Clitsome & Calvert contribute.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Moral victories dont equal playoffs.
Moral victories don't count for 3/4 of a point? You mean I've been deceived this whole time? Ugh.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
What was kind of funny is he is quoting a site that tells us we have a 3% chance to make the playoffs, but then he says we don't have a chance.

Isn't 3% > 0%?

We all understand the realities of our situation.

But to hold out that sliver of hope, we'd need a strong push before the trade deadline. Otherwise we might be replacing some of our vets with draft picks. Draft picks in the 2011 draft don't play 10-18 minutes a night sadly.

I'll admit I think it will take divine intervention to make the playoffs, but it's happened before in sports.
I agree. I just feel like we really don't have much choice. There is no white knight riding in to save us. Howson isn't going to magically get us what we need. The draft situation is like a bare cupboard. What else is there to do?? Sit and piss and moan or get over it and get on with it??

It's like dating: You want a Mercedes. You have a really nice guy. He can move furniture. He can pay the bills. But he can't get you the Mercedes. So do you dump him and chase the guy who might have the funds for the Benz? I'm the girl who's gonna stay with the nice guy who is going to work hard every day. For me. If he ever gets me the prize, great! If he doesn't...I'm gonna enjoy my life.

Quote:
Moral victories dont equal playoffs. Real wins do. And yes Mason has been pathetic the last 2 years. Have you not watched the same Mason who couldnt stop a beach ball on most nights?? The same Mason who has gotten pulled 7 times this year.

So are you trying to say I dont love this team, because Im not gonna sit here and pretend all is well in paradise? Ive been planning on making my 11th trip to Detroit tonight, despite us being out of the playoff race, and having numerous holes on the roster. Why? Because I love this team regardless, I wear my heart on my sleeve, but at the same time if there are issues Im not gonna be naive about them.
I don't believe you.

Quote:
Moral victories don't count for 3/4 of a point? You mean I've been deceived this whole time? Ugh.
Bwhahahahaaa!!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:59 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:

I don't believe you. !
What dont you believe????

Old
02-05-2011, 06:43 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
I don't believe you.
Quote:
What dont you believe????

"You can't handle the truth!" - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep, "A Few Good Men"

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:37 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
"You can't handle the truth!" - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep, "A Few Good Men"
hahaha