HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wtf?????????

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 05:59 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Wtf?????????

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2...ory?id=1830395

Oilers losers on draft day???????

lol........whats with this:

"Schremp's interview with the Oilers was colorful, to say the least, with repeated variations of the same word that got Vice President Dick Cheney in hot water.

"I told him, 'We don't use that [bleeping] word around here,' '' cracked Edmonton coach Craig MacTavish."

Old
06-27-2004, 06:08 PM
tylerr

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to tylerr
What does he know? He doens't even know the spot we picked him.

Old
06-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Bohologo

http://www.slam.ca/Slam040627/nhl_edm-sun.html

Brownlee doesn't seem to think so:
"From this corner of the rink, it looks like the Edmonton Oilers not only got it right in the first round of the NHL Entry Draft yesterday, they got it right twice."

The Oilers thought Dubnyk was the best goalie in the draft, and they were happy to get Shremp, a hockey player who (gasp!) uses coarse language. Next thing we'll find out, he spits on the ice between shifts, and thinks impure thoughts whilst looking at the fairer sex. Send the kid to a monastry? Naw, he's our punk now!

Old
06-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Lowetide

Well, a few things come to mind. First, the guy is very well researched. We know this because he has the Oilers picking Schremp 27th, and we all know this to be true.

Second, my limited knowledge of pro athletes can serve as confirmation that the f-bomb is used as often as oxygen.

Schremp clearly has an ability to make enemies in the media. rlr stops just short of saying something a lawyer can sink his teeth into in regard to Schremp whenever they get a chance.

In a way, this was the American media's last chance to pile on this young man this weekend, and it appears as though they've left no stone unturned.

One thing that rings true for me every time I listen to him speak, though, is that Robbie Schremp is completely aware that he has his own hide to pack to market.

Which, in fact, is a sign of maturity. F-bomb away Robbie, just not around the little ones.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:16 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Its kinda strange though. Why would you in an interview for any job use the F-bomb?? I know if I were a player and didnt want a certain team picking me, I would drop the f-bomb only then.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:21 PM
dem

Who knows the context that the fbomb was being dropped in? It doesnt sound like MacT was exactly angry. Hell.. how angry could they be if they PICKED him.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:27 PM
guitaraholic*

"In a way, this was the American media's last chance to pile on this young man this weekend, and it appears as though they've left no stone unturned."

Yes, you're so right, it's an American Media Conspiracy. We were hoping to keep it a secret but you found it out. Way to go, ace.
Here's some news for you: the "American Media" barely even notices that hockey and the NHL exists. To suggest that there's an "America media" that made some concerted effort to "pile" on Schremp is just plain stupid.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
"In a way, this was the American media's last chance to pile on this young man this weekend, and it appears as though they've left no stone unturned."

Yes, you're so right, it's an American Media Conspiracy. We were hoping to keep it a secret but you found it out. Way to go, ace.
Here's some news for you: the "American Media" barely even notices that hockey and the NHL exists. To suggest that there's an "America media" that made some concerted effort to "pile" on Schremp is just plain stupid.
Guitaraholic, you must be new to the Oilers board, otherwise your response to a Lowetide post would convey a little more respect. Posting from the US as I am, I think it's a fair comment that the American media is less hockey savvy than the Canadian media, but that's a reflection of the media consumers. Anyway, if you've got a beef with something a poster says, please say it in a reasoned and intelligent way that doesn't shame all of us here in America, all right?

Old
06-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Lowetide

Quote:

Thankyou, guitaraholic, I'll certainly keep that in mind for next time.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Thankyou, guitaraholic, I'll certainly keep that in mind for next time.
:lol

Old
06-27-2004, 11:40 PM
KenLinsemanFanClub
Sorry State

vCash: 767
Quote:

Ah yes, this from the same media that still thinks George W. is right about the WMD's in Iraq, can't spell Gretzky correctly and has trouble distinguishing the number 27 from 25. Hey, nobody is perfect, and aren't conspiracy theories the stuff of great storey and legend.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:29 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Give it a few months and Micheal Moore will have a movie out about this. :lol

Closed Thread