HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mikael Samuelsson to ATL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
  #1
Telfo
THRASHERS
 
Telfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Mikael Samuelsson to ATL

I have seen a few different places say that he is available. What would it take?

Is VAN in desperate need of cap space?

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 09:04 AM
  #2
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,599
vCash: 500
He was never available.. That's just media speculation because we needed cap space and he was under performing when compared to the high standard he set last season. Fact is, he was our best forward in the playoffs last season and is the only veteran leader that has a cup ring and significant playoff experience.

Plus, now that Edler is out until playoffs we can actually add salary, we have no reason to trade anyone.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
  #3
Telfo
THRASHERS
 
Telfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
He was never available.. That's just media speculation because we needed cap space and he was under performing when compared to the high standard he set last season. Fact is, he was our best forward in the playoffs last season and is the only veteran leader that has a cup ring and significant playoff experience.

Plus, now that Edler is out until playoffs we can actually add salary, we have no reason to trade anyone.
but, but thats why i want him!

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
  #4
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,241
vCash: 500
I don't think it's fair to say he is absolutely unavailable, but he won't be moved for small parts or unless its a good deal for Vancouver. I'd rather move Raymond instead, but if someone were to throw a solid offer that fills a need to Vancouver, it may not be terrible to think it over at least, rather then dismissing it as Samuelsson being unavailable.

Telfo, make an offer.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
  #5
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 50
not sure why Vancouver would really want to move him at this point beyond a bit of overpayment, not sure ATL has the pieces to overpay unless we start talking about Klingberg or Postma...i dont see Sammy getting moved for just a pick this season.

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
  #6
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
not sure why Vancouver would really want to move him at this point beyond a bit of overpayment, not sure ATL has the pieces to overpay unless we start talking about Klingberg or Postma...i dont see Sammy getting moved for just a pick this season.
Quite right, we would want a roster player to replace him in return.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM
  #7
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Quite right, we would want a roster player to replace him in return.
And it'd need to be for a better roster player as well, with us adding picks/kids to even it out

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
  #8
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I don't think it's fair to say he is absolutely unavailable, but he won't be moved for small parts or unless its a good deal for Vancouver. I'd rather move Raymond instead, but if someone were to throw a solid offer that fills a need to Vancouver, it may not be terrible to think it over at least, rather then dismissing it as Samuelsson being unavailable.

Telfo, make an offer.
Sure, we'd move him for an upgrade.

Telfo, are you guys willing to send Ladd our way? That's really the only guy I see that helps us now. Obviously the trade would need to be balanced and more pieces could be added, but this would have to be the centerpiece.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
  #9
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Sure, we'd move him for an upgrade.

Telfo, are you guys willing to send Ladd our way? That's really the only guy I see that helps us now. Obviously the trade would need to be balanced and more pieces could be added, but this would have to be the centerpiece.
dealbreaker...Ladd is the CAPTAIN and a rock, solid piece going forward

doesnt seem like its a fit...Nucks fans wont want Stewart or Antro or the like...nor a prospect/pick since they dont help now....ATL fans would balk at most other roster players, would probably pass on giving a high end prospect.

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
  #10
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,097
vCash: 50
Only guy I'd really be interested in moving Samuelsson to Atlanta for is Ladd, and that's most certainly not happening.

Samuelsson fills a vital need for this team, and that is his experience. He has a Cup ring, several deep playoff runs, an Olympic Gold and a WHC Gold. The guy has a lot of experience winning and playing in big game situations. He's had an inconsistent regular season, but he is here for his playoff pedigree. If the Canucks moved out(and I don't think he's completely unavailable, but it would take a damn good offer) it would have to involve someone with similar intangibles coming back.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
  #11
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
I'd take Stewart and a pick. Imagine the battles against the Avs, Stewart, on Stewart!

Bergfors interests me, seems like a younger less sizable Samuelsson.

Personally I'd be willing to slightly over pay for Ladd. 2 cup rings, lots of grit, scoring ability and leadership.
But my deal would start with Raymond, a decent pick, and almost anything past a core player to fill out the needs.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:03 PM
  #12
HeadLikeAnOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Still a shame that Gillis couldn't land Ladd when he became available this past summer.

What would the + be coming from Vancouver in a Sammy+ for Ladd deadline deal?

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
  #13
HeadLikeAnOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I'd take Stewart and a pick.
Why?

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:06 PM
  #14
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,508
vCash: 500
Ladd won't be coming out of ATL and we'd need a Ladd or Byfuglien type coming back but since Byfuglien would completely ruin our locker room dynamic that probably wouldn't work.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
  #15
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Could Vancouver need Oduya with Edler on IR

You're not getting Ladd

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
  #16
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Could Vancouver need Oduya with Edler on IR

You're not getting Ladd
No we don't need him.

And fair enough, but we are looking for a middle-6 forward in return that would be an upgrade. Unfortunately I am not overly familiar with Atlanta's forward situation.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
  #17
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
I don't think Kesler would be that thrilled playing with Ladd and vice versa.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
  #18
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
I don't think Kesler would be that thrilled playing with Ladd and vice versa.
Kesler isn't the same player he was before. Ladd would probably be the best thing for Kesler now.


Last edited by Winroba: 02-02-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
  #19
last row purple
Registered User
 
last row purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Slater and a pick? lol

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
  #20
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
They played together on Team USA and Kesler isn't the same player he was before. Ladd would probably be the best thing for Kesler now.
Really? Isn't Ladd Canadian?

Also, because Ladd is Atl's heart and soul and captain I doubt they trade him to us for anything short of a massive overpayment.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
  #21
HeadLikeAnOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
I don't think Kesler would be that thrilled playing with Ladd and vice versa.
Who cares?

Winning solves everything.


HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
  #22
HeadLikeAnOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane Youngblood View Post
Really? Isn't Ladd Canadian?

Also, because Ladd is Atl's heart and soul and captain I doubt they trade him to us for anything short of a massive overpayment.
He's confused with Backes.

And I might be willing to 'massively overpay' for Ladd if he wanted to come here.

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
  #23
awilde
Registered User
 
awilde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
They played together on Team USA and Kesler isn't the same player he was before. Ladd would probably be the best thing for Kesler now.
Andrew Ladd is from Maple Ridge, BC

awilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
  #24
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awilde View Post
Andrew Ladd is from Maple Ridge, BC
You're right wtf am I thinking about.

Unbelievable stupidity aside, he'd still help out Kesler tons.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
  #25
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Samuelsson's agent is Jay Grossman...Atlanta traded away all of their Grossman clients last year (Kovalchuk, Salmela, and Hedberg).

No way would Mikael come to Atlanta. Jay wouldn't let Kovalchuk sign for top money. He doesn't believe in the owners/franchise (and he's not dumb to do so).

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.